What might happen to Jorgen in book 3

Regent

It's been 6 months since Skyward, and if I remember correctly Jorgen mentioned that his family will pull him out of the DDF after 6 months. I doubt that's something Brandon will just toss into the book for no apparent reason.

So...what do you think will happen to him?

Tbh I have a nagging feeling that his parents are already working on it in the background, so we might not see Jorgen with the rest of Skyward Flight for a while in the next book/s. Maybe this way he'll discover more about his cytonic abilities...or cytonics in general (I'm really curious about his family and life too).

(currently manifesting the 'Jorgen POV novella' energy)

Of course these are all just guesses so I'll most likely be wrong, but toying with theories is fun, nonetheless.

P.S.: I'm really hoping for a showdown scene between Jorgen and his parents about him being pulled out of the DDF. Seems like it will be fun to read.

Edited by caramel_

3 hours ago, caramel_ said:

It's been 6 months since Skyward, and if I remember correctly Jorgen mentioned that his family will pull him out of the DDF after 6 months.

That's a great point, I can't believe I hadn't thought about that... But I would guess that, given humanities chance at freedom, his parents would continue to allow him to fight with the DDF

6 hours ago, caramel_ said:

I'm really hoping for a showdown scene between Jorgen and his parents about him being pulled out of the DDF. Seems like it will be fun to read.

Agreed! I think that Jorgen's character has grown enough that he would resist his parents taking him out of the DDF. Jorgen would say that he has become more defiant :)

9 hours ago, Willshaper-Kalak said:

That's a great point, I can't believe I hadn't thought about that... But I would guess that, given humanities chance at freedom, his parents would continue to allow him to fight with the DDF

Hopefully they will allow him to stay if ever.

Edited by caramel_

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/05/2021 at 5:34 PM, caramel_ said:

It's been 6 months since Skyward, and if I remember correctly Jorgen mentioned that his family will pull him out of the DDF after 6 months. I doubt that's something Brandon will just toss into the book for no apparent reason.

So...what do you think will happen to him?

Tbh I have a nagging feeling that his parents are already working on it in the background, so we might not see Jorgen with the rest of Skyward Flight for a while in the next book/s. Maybe this way he'll discover more about his cytonic abilities...or cytonics in general (I'm really curious about his family and life too).

(currently manifesting the 'Jorgen POV novella' energy)

Of course these are all just guesses so I'll most likely be wrong, but toying with theories is fun, nonetheless.

P.S.: I'm really hoping for a showdown scene between Jorgen and his parents about him being pulled out of the DDF. Seems like it will be fun to read.

I can absolutely see the parental confrontation coming with a Jorgen POV novella however I doubt we will get much of Skyward flight in Cytonic as the novellas are supposed to compensate for the lack of it.