Whose DNA does Blood that's been Soulcasted have?

Wyndlerunner

Question

So, I've been reading the Stormlight Archive to my youngest brother, who asks questions to me that I've never thought about. Tonight he asked me "If I were to Soulcast something into blood, whose DNA would it have? Would it just be the Soulcaster's DNA. or...?"

So, my lovely people who have more knowledge about Soulcasting mechanics than I do, is there an answer to this question, or at least a prevailing theory? 

Help me, Brando Sando Fans, you're my only hope.

4 answers to this question

trawling through the WoBs on this and Brandon has been very vague on the subject.  for instance it seems like soulcast blood is close enough that it could be used for transfusions, but wouldn't necessarily register as exactly human if you tried to test it.  i'm paraphrasing a bit, but that's what i'm getting out of it so far.  e.g.:

Questioner

Soulcast blood? Does it have Rh factor? Or, does it match anyone's DNA?

Brandon Sanderson

So, the answers are to that, "Yes."

Oathbringer release party (Nov. 13, 2017)

On 5/11/2021 at 6:09 AM, Wyndlerunner said:

So, I've been reading the Stormlight Archive to my youngest brother, who asks questions to me that I've never thought about. Tonight he asked me "If I were to Soulcast something into blood, whose DNA would it have? Would it just be the Soulcaster's DNA. or...?"

So, my lovely people who have more knowledge about Soulcasting mechanics than I do, is there an answer to this question, or at least a prevailing theory? 

Help me, Brando Sando Fans, you're my only hope.

This might be helpful:

Edit: the embedded link wasn't loading for some reason? https://www.17thshard.com/news/features/blood-soulcasting/

Edited by Honorless

8 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Not sure what you linked there as it won't load for me

Yup, no idea what happened but I had already edited the post & included it in hyperlink format right below the embed:

16 hours ago, Honorless said:

This might be helpful:

Edit: the embedded link wasn't loading for some reason? https://www.17thshard.com/news/features/blood-soulcasting/