Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aeromancer

Reading Excuses - 5/10/21 - Bravely Defiant: Chapter 4 - (5231)(L,V)

9 posts in this topic

This is the final chapter for the first arc of Bravely Defiant, and finally has a fight between two Knights, as well as the exposition and background for setting the stakes. Some familiarity with Arthurian legend is assumed for this part. In the event that you are completely unfamiliar with it, I've included a helpful summary of the various knights I've based characters off of.
 
I'm looking for all your reactions, but mostly as to how much you're interested in the larger world and plot as a result of the information in this chapter. Also, try to guess what Caius's title as a Knight is.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that you have a rough idea what level of knowledge I'm working from: I consider myself reasonably up to speed with the general knowledge parts of the Arthurian legend, though not an expert by any means. I know Arthur, Lancelot, Galahad, Percival, Mordred, and Morgana (although I know her as Morgan le Fey?). The others are new names to me (though some look kinda familiar). If you expect the reader to know going in who characters like Kay, Agravain, Pelleas etc are, you might want to revise that assumption.

As I read:

p3 - This might have been covered in chapter 1, but does C know who is piloting the Knight? Are Knights always piloted by the same user?

p4 - Something feels off about the Assa's dialogue. It's a bit stilted.

p6 - This exchange between C and A falls a bit flat. It feels like it either needs more setup, or to be trimmed down a lot, depending on whether it's important to the story.

p7 - When C summons his Knight, does he disappear and reappear inside the Knight? Or is he standing on the deck of the ship watching his Knight fight A?

Bottom of p7 - Okay so C is watching his Knight fight A from the outside, so are the Knights controlled remotely?

p8-9 - This might just be me, but I don't like the use of square brackets to denote use of a different language. 

p10 - Not sure why Sh thinks that C's behaviour was reckless. The ship was attacked, and C defended them to the best of his ability. That doesn't seem very reckless to me. The captain's manoeuvres during the last chapter were much more reckless.

p10 - When you say the sword has 'Excalibur' written on the side, do you mean on the blade?

p11 - Okay, this explains a lot about how the Knights work. It might help with the fight scene if the mechanics were laid out sooner.

p12 - 'C looked crestfallen' - is a weird sentence to have in C's POV

p16 - I'm not sold on V's motivation to help C with his quest. Sure, C saved the ship from A, but that doesn't seem like a good reason to go on a time-consuming and potentially dangerous quest. If it is an honour thing, then why does this matter so much to V?

 

Generally, I liked the reveal of how the Knights work and what they are. It's good to have a direction for the story to be going in (go on quest, ask the magic to take care of the evil queen problem, probably end up fighting evil queen).

I think the chat and fight with A could have been more impactful. As I noted above, I wasn't feeling the emotion of C running into A again. And when the fight starts, A is defeated pretty easily for the amount of setup he's had. I get that he's one of the less capable Knights in a fight, but having A seem like a more credible threat would up the stakes when we find out that a bunch of other Knights are going to come after C soon.

And I have no idea what C's title would be, I'm afraid :) 

Also - I don't think much knowledge of Arthurian legend is necessary for this chapter, in case you were worrying about that. It basically boils down to how many of the names I recognise. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you mind sending me the previous chapters? :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall

This is definitely the start of the book, for me. We get the inciting incident, goals, motivations, and cool tech. I'd say it goes on a bit long with the info dumps at the end, but for most of it I was well engaged. A good installment, though again, I think you might consider just starting the book around here, instead of the previous chapters. In a bookstore I'd not have made it to this part, even with the cool airships. Still hoping we see a full on airship battle soon!

 

As I go

- I continue to love that ship name

- pg 3: I would take it from your calm and measured response <-- the issue with calm and measured responses is that there is no urgency then to get the reader amped

- pg 4: I feel like it is taking too long to get to the action. Promises from the end of last chapter and start of this one are airship battle! Yet right now we still have posturing and talking

- pg 4: C has a lot of exposition on this page

- pg 6: even with your Arthurian summary, I'm lost. I have zero background in this lore, unfortunately

- pg 6: so instead of a battle there will be a duel? I feel like reader promises were not kept here

- pg 9: so they inherited a machine spirit? But doesn't the Jenny already have one? Will that be an issue?

- this description on page 11 would have been better in the first chapter. It explains so much of the world and gets me much more invested

- pg 12: yes, definitely would have liked all this sooner

- pg 13: She is merciless and oppressive <-- this makes me want a second POV with her, that alternates chapters so we see the other side of the story

- pg 16: it seems like the book really starts here, with the inciting incident and now our MC having a goal and direction. I'm much more invested through here than I have been in previous chapters. I feel like we finally have motivation, goal, etc.

- pg 18: getting long in the tooth here. I'd say end it around page 16. Getting more info dump now on the machine spirit is pushing things

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall:

As a general note, forgive my engineering brain jumping in with comments that no one else would be concerned about.  They aren’t complaints or issues with my enjoying the story so much as poking at world cohesiveness.  Having spent a good deal of time in the prosthetics/exoskeleton R&D field, I really like the idea of things like mech armor, but I’m also more nitpicky about things like that than most would be.  Especially when there are fantasy elements that allow you to overlook some more standard machining limitations.

In regard to the chapter as a whole, I agree with @kais that this seems like a far more fitting opening for the story than what we’ve seen previously. Getting these details about C’s past and motivation would be far more helpful from the start than the vague mysterious, troubled past feel we were getting before.  You still get to hang on to some of that here, where we don’t know all of the details regarding his leaving the kingdom, but we have more to hang on to and a better idea of where things are going.

I think a good deal of the Arthurian lore is probably going over my head. I have picked up vague, basic details of the lore over the years, but it’s never been something I’d say I know a lot about.  So if it’s really important for following plot or character dynamics, I’d make sure you aren’t assuming the reader knows those things coming into the story.  The conflict between C and A here is clear enough that I don’t really need additional information on why they’re angry at each other, though there’s probably more depth to it that I’m not aware of. But they’re referencing some events as if we should be aware of specifics on them that I don’t know if we need to have going into it or if they’ll be explained when they’re more directly relevant.

Pg 1: 

Ten seconds doesn’t seem like that much time to have to wait if they really think running is the safest bet (what are safe/reasonable acceleration rates for an airship where no one is secured to the ship?  How far would they have ascended in those ten seconds anyway without injuring or losing anyone in the jerk of taking off? It doesn’t really seem like they make a habit of tying themselves down for quick maneuvers.)  Especially if they can make some ground laterally during that time. Might be better to have vaguer details regarding the take-off delay if this is a fight and not a chase (where the times would be the bigger tension point). 

Really, I think trimming back before the appearance of the knight could be helpful.  Make it clear that they’re stuck then have the knight show up.

I like the introduction of the knight. Specifically the “no beauty…alive” line.

Pg 2:

Why iron and not steel or, for that matter, some mysterious super strong alloy that only the knights’ machine spirits can create?   If the machine spirits are rebuilding the knights when they are destroyed, is that done at the molecular level?  Stronger metals are generally more difficult to form and machine, so that might provide an argument for a weaker metal over a stronger one, but if they’re not actually being machined by any traditional human methods, why iron?  I can’t remember what C’s knight was made of (if there’s some elemental association).  Do the machine spirits strengthen the metals of the knights?  If the knights are iron, I assume the spirits would have to be actively “rebuilding” to avoid rusting out. These aren’t questions that needs answers, but they occurred to me while reading and now I’m far more curious about the material composition of the knights than is likely to be in any way relevant to the story.

“The similarities ended there.” Is this saying that the construction of C’s knight was similar (size/construction/material)? I’d read it as being a specific description of the new knight, not knights in general, but then I’m not sure what similarities you’re referring to.

“The knight C had been found in” this makes it seem like we aren’t in C’s pov, which I am pretty sure we are? I’d imagine C would universally consider that knight “his”, not just the one he had been found in.  

“armor that was light and thin” but also iron? 

“given the scale” 30 ft knight scaled down to a 6 ft human?  So a 6-12” dagger scaled back up would give us 30-60” or 2.5-5 feet.  Still pretty big, but not quite “a small mast”

“your armaments won’t scratch it.” So, yes on the machine spirits strengthening the metals?

“can cut the ship to ribbons” Can slash right through the hull of it, but the blade length isn’t going to cut that far into it.  Still going to be a massive problem for the ship if they can’t get away, but “ribbons” seems excessive. 

I’d also rather see the knight’s strength/durability in action than just have C’s summary on it.

Pg 3:

“Calm and measured response” vs. “maybe…I thought I was dead.” Okay, but what about all of his new friends who he is so insistent about being grateful to for saving his life?  Is he not concerned about them? 

Pg 4-6:

This conversation goes on a long time, and it’s a little too wordy and informational to feel natural. It feels a little like everyone standing around watching two people on stage go through a set of careful, precise lines of dialogue, not like two people who are actually angry at each other.  Could be trimmed back a decent amount without losing the key points.

Pg 7:

“spear…impaled the knight” and “smashing it even further into the earth” this seems way too easy for all the conversation leading into it.  C’s complete lack of concern doesn’t help that.

“tearing gouges”  Why not just run him through with the spear?  He should be able to do that while still staying significantly outside the range of the Assassin’s dagger if the scales are consistent from knight to knight. Spears aren’t really gouge-tearing weapons.

“strength lies in stealth and speed” yeah, I was wondering why he got himself locked into arguing with C when it seemed like a very un-assassin-like way to approach an opponent. If he knew he was out there to destroy the ship, why didn’t he just do that from the start?

 

Pg 8:

C’s physical removal from the battle doesn’t really help with the tension issues here.  His knight has the upper hand and he can just stand on the ship and have his argument with A, who also doesn’t seem all that concerned about his well-being, even though he’s getting crushed.

“It was then the E raised his left hand” Still not sure why he didn’t just run him through.  A having the gun as a reason for the ship to think it isn’t worth trying to escape makes sense, and C/E taking it makes sense, but I don’t think we had enough tie-in to the gun as a threat to make this switch seem significant. Whey didn’t A reach for it when the dagger vs. spear reach problem was putting him in trouble? 

Pg 8-9:

I feel like some of the Arthurian references are going over my head.  If they become more directly plot relevant later and are explained at that point in time, that’s fine, but if we are expected to have that knowledge going into it, that’s going to be a problem.

Pg 9-10:

“felt his legs give out from under him.” This seems to come out of nowhere.  I assume it’s from some mental strain of “piloting” (for lack of a better term) the knight, but we didn’t really get any indication of it being all that taxing on him during the battle, which is when it would have been really helpful to have clear signs of the difficulty of it (I’d think it would at least make it much harder to hold a coherent conversation during the battle.  Especially a conversation as wordy as this one was)

As someone who often has too many extra characters in my scenes who end up standing around doing nothing, I’m a little concerned about having this many characters in a debrief conversation. Why are Sh and Sa there? If Ir is there in human-appearance form, I feel like she should be involved in the conversation, but if she’s there in flower form like we’ve seen a few times (not sure of her reasons for switching back and forth or what she’s doing when she’s not running the ship) it would make sense for her to just be there (possibly even without C being aware of it) until things specifically relevant to her (the Im Drives) come up.

I’m also not sure what behavior Sh finds reckless. 

11-19:

Some of this is important knowledge to have, but could be trimmed back to key points or provided over time.  At this point, I’d assume V would mostly want to know the key points that are currently relevant to C, not just the knights’ history. 

What is V hoping to get out of the conversation?  Is he worried about people continuing to chase him? Just wants to know what was going on with the battle for curiosity’s sake? Does he want C to join his crew so he can put C’s knight to use?  Even if he’s a nice guy, he’s going to have his own angle and motivations for asking questions. But I don’t know what his long-term goals are.  What would he have been doing if he hadn’t gotten into C’s adventure.

The back and forth about owing each other goes on way too long.  And I don’t see why V is so insistent about going along for the ride. And I don’t think he needs to sign up to be 100% onboard for the quest at this precise moment. Their back and forth here is a pretty clear “Are you in or out?” sort of thing, but a middle ground of “Let me at least get you as far as our next salvage site” seems more feasible for a guy who wants to be helpful but isn’t necessarily up for sending his crew off on a random adventure that he has no way of knowing the outcome of.  For him to fully jump in on the adventure, I’d expect a really strong personal motivation for him to take the physical and financial risk of abandoning his salvage work to go on an adventure. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, RedBlue said:

So that you have a rough idea what level of knowledge I'm working from: I consider myself reasonably up to speed with the general knowledge parts of the Arthurian legend, though not an expert by any means. I know Arthur, Lancelot, Galahad, Percival, Mordred, and Morgana (although I know her as Morgan le Fey?). The others are new names to me (though some look kinda familiar). If you expect the reader to know going in who characters like Kay, Agravain, Pelleas etc are, you might want to revise that

Morgana Pendragon, older half-sister of Arthur Pendragon was sold by their father Uther Pendragon to the Unseelie Fey Court in exchange for a glamour. She was raised by fey, and thus got the nickname 'le Fey', meaning 'of the Fey'. Some knights I don't really expect anyone to know (I've never heard of Agravain before I started doing research), but given that Kay is the main character, I'd kind of hope that the name recognition will be higher. I might change some things, depending on other people's reaction.

On 5/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, RedBlue said:

p3 - This might have been covered in chapter 1, but does C know who is piloting the Knight? Are Knights always piloted by the same user?

p7 - When C summons his Knight, does he disappear and reappear inside the Knight? Or is he standing on the deck of the ship watching his Knight fight A?

Bottom of p7 - Okay so C is watching his Knight fight A from the outside, so are the Knights controlled remotely?

p10 - When you say the sword has 'Excalibur' written on the side, do you mean on the blade?

p11 - Okay, this explains a lot about how the Knights work. It might help with the fight scene if the mechanics were laid out sooner.

I chose it this way because I wanted to keep an aura of mystery around the Knights. There's essentially nothing more than glorified battle mechs, but it kind of kills the sense of chivalry and knighthood if you explain ahead of time exactly what they can do. For that reason, the full extent of the Knights will never be revealed. I can tell you that the tale that Caius says is about 60% accurate and the rest if actually corrupted history. There is a sword with Excalibur written on the side, but it was made after the Knight.

On 5/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, RedBlue said:

p16 - I'm not sold on V's motivation to help C with his quest. Sure, C saved the ship from A, but that doesn't seem like a good reason to go on a time-consuming and potentially dangerous quest. If it is an honour thing, then why does this matter so much to V?

Generally, I liked the reveal of how the Knights work and what they are. It's good to have a direction for the story to be going in (go on quest, ask the magic to take care of the evil queen problem, probably end up fighting evil queen).

I think the chat and fight with A could have been more impactful. As I noted above, I wasn't feeling the emotion of C running into A again. And when the fight starts, A is defeated pretty easily for the amount of setup he's had. I get that he's one of the less capable Knights in a fight, but having A seem like a more credible threat would up the stakes when we find out that a bunch of other Knights are going to come after C soon.

V has a few motivations which will only be revealed later on, but he does have a good reason to join the quest, unfortunately, you'll just have to take my word on it. And, that's basically the plot of the book - the main character is going on a quest to stop the evil queen.

I'll have to work on the initial confrontation between C and A.

 

On 5/11/2021 at 7:28 PM, leapfrog said:

Would you mind sending me the previous chapters? :)

Sure, just reply to my email and I'll send you the rest.

 

On 5/13/2021 at 0:40 AM, kais said:

Overall

This is definitely the start of the book, for me. We get the inciting incident, goals, motivations, and cool tech. I'd say it goes on a bit long with the info dumps at the end, but for most of it I was well engaged. A good installment, though again, I think you might consider just starting the book around here, instead of the previous chapters. In a bookstore I'd not have made it to this part, even with the cool airships. Still hoping we see a full on airship battle soon!

I'm glad to hear this was your response, and I've been toying with the idea of starting here, but I don't want to give up some of the worldbuilding and characterization of the first few chapters. I suppose I could start in media res and then resort to flashbacks, but that seems ... kind of cheap to me?

Also, there's not going to be another proper airship fight until the far end of the book. They will fight a dragon, though.

On 5/13/2021 at 0:40 AM, kais said:

- I continue to love that ship name

It's ripped off wholesale from the Hungry City Chronicles. There's a ship called the Jenny Haniver which gets passed around the main cast of characters, and I just really liked the ship name, so I gave it a small adjustment. On that note, have you read the Hungry City Chronicles, and if not, then I would recommend it.

On 5/13/2021 at 0:40 AM, kais said:

- pg 6: even with your Arthurian summary, I'm lost. I have zero background in this lore, unfortunately

Well, the good news is that you seem to be enjoying it anyway!

On 5/13/2021 at 0:40 AM, kais said:

- this description on page 11 would have been better in the first chapter. It explains so much of the world and gets me much more invested

- pg 12: yes, definitely would have liked all this sooner

- pg 16: it seems like the book really starts here, with the inciting incident and now our MC having a goal and direction. I'm much more invested through here than I have been in previous chapters. I feel like we finally have motivation, goal, etc.

Second vote out of two for moving the information forward. There is a very good chance I'll have to juggle around the first couple of chapters.

On 5/13/2021 at 0:40 AM, kais said:

- pg 13: She is merciless and oppressive <-- this makes me want a second POV with her, that alternates chapters so we see the other side of the story

I would like to, but the amount of plot that her very presence would spoil prevents me from giving her a fully-detailed POV chapter. To whit, if you care about that kind of stuff...

Spoiler

High Queen Pendragon's is M, the friend that C says he failed. This is because his failure isn't failure in the sense that she died, rather that she turned evil. He's concealing this information given the mental scarring involved. Additionally, she knows a lot of things that he doesn't, such as why she turned evil in the first place. This isn't something C knows, and he'll spend 2/3s of the book trying to figure it out.

Incidentally, she'd be perfectly fine with telling C all this information, but C is too much of a coward to ask her directly.

 

On 5/13/2021 at 10:49 AM, C_Vallion said:

Pg 2:

Why iron and not steel or, for that matter, some mysterious super strong alloy that only the knights’ machine spirits can create?   If the machine spirits are rebuilding the knights when they are destroyed, is that done at the molecular level?  Stronger metals are generally more difficult to form and machine, so that might provide an argument for a weaker metal over a stronger one, but if they’re not actually being machined by any traditional human methods, why iron?  I can’t remember what C’s knight was made of (if there’s some elemental association).  Do the machine spirits strengthen the metals of the knights?  If the knights are iron, I assume the spirits would have to be actively “rebuilding” to avoid rusting out. These aren’t questions that needs answers, but they occurred to me while reading and now I’m far more curious about the material composition of the knights than is likely to be in any way relevant to the story.

“The similarities ended there.” Is this saying that the construction of C’s knight was similar (size/construction/material)? I’d read it as being a specific description of the new knight, not knights in general, but then I’m not sure what similarities you’re referring to.

“The knight C had been found in” this makes it seem like we aren’t in C’s pov, which I am pretty sure we are? I’d imagine C would universally consider that knight “his”, not just the one he had been found in.  

“armor that was light and thin” but also iron? 

“given the scale” 30 ft knight scaled down to a 6 ft human?  So a 6-12” dagger scaled back up would give us 30-60” or 2.5-5 feet.  Still pretty big, but not quite “a small mast”

Answers: I should be a little clearer about this - 'dark iron' isn't meant to be literal, the knights are made from an enhanced alloy which is mostly composed of iron and carbon. The reconstruction is done at the molecular level, and the I-drives that power the Knights are basically magic (technically, they're nano-bot super-swarms which also can manipulate gravity, but this will never be even hinted at). There's no elemental association to the Knights, just thematic ones. Machine spirits can bolster the metal they're inhabiting, but the range varies - C's can strengthen his whole knight, but Ir can only strengthen her core engine.

Scaling - I think that my scaling is fine. This is set in a medieval society, so the average height was closer to 5', giving the Knight a 6:1 ratio. The weapon I had in mind was a dirk, which can be up to 2 feet in length, so if you scale that up you wind up with a 12' dagger, which is closer to what I had in mind.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, aeromancer said:

'dark iron' isn't meant to be literal

I'd probably suggest going with "mysterious dark metal" or something similar. I'd assume most people would think of iron as heavy/bulky/dirty, not as the sort of majestic streamlined mech you seem to be describing. 

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

technically, they're nano-bot super-swarms which also can manipulate gravity, but this will never be even hinted at

ooooo. Fancy.  I like it. 

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

This is set in a medieval society, so the average height was closer to 5', giving the Knight a 6:1 ratio. The weapon I had in mind was a dirk, which can be up to 2 feet in length, so if you scale that up you wind up with a 12' dagger, which is closer to what I had in mind

That checks out.  I had considered the height difference possibility, but the airships skew my perception of what to expect as "normal" even if it's "medieval."  I mostly just don't generally think of daggers as being that long. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

Some knights I don't really expect anyone to know (I've never heard of Agravain before I started doing research), but given that Kay is the main character, I'd kind of hope that the name recognition will be higher. I might change some things, depending on other people's reaction.

There's a chance this is just me being a bit dense, but I did not connect that C is Kay.

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

I chose it this way because I wanted to keep an aura of mystery around the Knights. There's essentially nothing more than glorified battle mechs, but it kind of kills the sense of chivalry and knighthood if you explain ahead of time exactly what they can do. For that reason, the full extent of the Knights will never be revealed.

I think you're right not to go into the technical details, but I was more referring to the mechanics in the sense of 'what can I expect C to be able to do with this Knight'. As in, Knights can be summoned and piloted remotely. That would be good info to have up front, IMO.

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

V has a few motivations which will only be revealed later on, but he does have a good reason to join the quest, unfortunately, you'll just have to take my word on it.

Might I suggest hanging a lantern on V's mysterious motivations? For instance, C could think 'hm, that V sure has reasons he isn't telling me', and then it looks like a mystery and not like a character problem.

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

I've been toying with the idea of starting here, but I don't want to give up some of the worldbuilding and characterization of the first few chapters. I suppose I could start in media res and then resort to flashbacks, but that seems ... kind of cheap to me?

I feel that I'd have to see more of the plot to have an informed opinion on where to start, but I think a lot of the worldbuilding and characterisation could be condensed into the chapter where the JH is attacked by kind-of pirates if you wanted to go the in media res route.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I go:

pg 1-2. The knight is very cool. I'm curious about the general assessment of power level, which C should know. Again, if the guards don't feel like they have the overwhelming advantage it doesn't make sense for them to risk a fight 

pg 3. V has to be stalling for... something, right? There's no way the assassin listens to him

pg 4. I think the assassin's motivation makes a lot more sense than the guards'. I imagine you don't last long picking even fights, so him being basically a big bully makes sense. Why this is surprising at all to C is another question. 

pg 5. Given the above point, though, the assassin kinda talks like an edgy twelve year old. He's all anger and no substance, and even though I know he's dangerous I'm having a hard time taking him seriously. 

-I thought C said the guy couldn't be negotiated with? 

pg 6. I don't know G so while this discussion is believable it doesn't really mean a ton to me. Also A continues to talk like an anime villain. I want to roll my eyes at him every time he talks. I'm guessing part of that is intentional and it's fine to have him be kinda full of himself and unable to see out of his own head but I think it can be scaled back. 

pg 7. Was the giant light lance and extra knight thing set up at all? If we don't know what it can do beforehand it feels kinda cheap when it's used to solve problems. 

pg 8-9. I do like the communing that he's doing. It feels very... personal and intimate, which is good for moments like these

pg 11-12. Now that A's gone, the dialogue feels a lot smoother. 

-hmm maybe I'm not supposed to have the same cultural values as these people but I feel like I need more info before I can pass judgment on the queen. She killed her dad yeah but he could have been awful for all we know at this point. 

pg 13-14. Why does the queen think her father betrayed her? Also while I get that this is filtered through C it seems a bit oversimplified. What is she trying to get out of being a tyrant? What's making the wheels turn here? 

pg 15. Okay now things are starting to get real. This is where my engagement is highest so far in the chapter 

On 5/10/2021 at 8:03 AM, aeromancer said:

I'm looking for all your reactions, but mostly as to how much you're interested in the larger world and plot as a result of the information in this chapter. Also, try to guess what Caius's title as a Knight is.

Plot, yes. We had the inciting incident here with C being revealed, and I'm interested to see how it goes. Honestly, it made a lot of the previous scenes feel unnecessary since this is really when things take off (especially the fight with the guards. I feel like they don't really add anything and we could have them flee and run into A without all the extra hubbub). World... I'm a bit mixed. The queen doesn't really seem to have any interesting qualities to me, which spills out into the world. Pure evil can be fun, but we still need a bit more about her and the kingdom for me to be invested because it's all nonspecific right now. The mechs are super cool, though. 

As for C's knight title... no idea and I don't feel the need to know, really. It comes up when it comes up and if he has special skills related to that I'll be excited to see what he can do. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.