A Mathematically perfect RP

Tacitus

So this is exactly what it sounds like. Ideally, we will be able to logically decide, based on various factors, how to create a perfect RP.

First, factors that determine a RP's success: Chronological length (How long it lives), Thread length (how long the thread gets [excluding any specifically meant to just be long]), and overall enjoyment of the RP.

Factors I can think of that would affect a RP's success:

Idea origination (Someone else's, or original)

How and how well the idea was 'pitched'

Control (basically Dm'd-/-Free action)

Number of RP'ers

What we'll do is suggest more factors that would affect an RP's success in the thread, and then, the long grind, assessing, if not every, many RP's, judging their success, and using that to see what causes a RP to be successful. Then, we test the theory and try to create the perfect RP.

I think a good RP has some sort of plot (and hopefully someone to help us stay pointed in the right direction.) It has a purpose, our characters have a goal or quest. Even just a string of little quests would make a good RP, especially if there's a big quest/problem to fix that we don't necessarily know about and that's the hidden goal of the game.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

However, the best RP I’ve ever played (Siren’s Call) didn’t have an initial plot: just a world. Same with Fellowship

Ok, well I guess I don't know about on forums, I just know that I don't much like Becoming Radiants - there seems to be no actual things going on - and I've roleplayed most IRL.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

However, the best RP I’ve ever played (Siren’s Call) didn’t have an initial plot: just a world. Same with Fellowship

Which makes it so that people can create their own plots. So you can start with a plot and a world then let people add characters, or you can start with a world and let people add plot and characters. Right?

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Ok, well I guess I don't know about on forums, I just know that I don't much like Becoming Radiants - there seems to be no actual things going on - and I've roleplayed most IRL.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The reason why nothing's going on in Becoming Radiants is because it just started.

Sorry oops I meant Radiant Academy.