Question About Odium's Influence

Pinnacle

I'm curious to know Odium is able to sense Moash's thoughts and take away his pain, basically influencing him. I thought shards are only able to hear thoughts and influence their subjects only by hemalurgy, something we saw in the mistborn books. Also, Odium is wounded from the battles with Ambition, Honor, Dominion, and Devotion, and he's confined to Braize, so I'm not sure how he affects and influences his followers so strongly. It seems unlikely that Odium is aware of Hemalurgy, so is it just about being willing to give in to his rule, such as what he tried to do with Dalinar, or singers with voidspren in their gemhearts?

In Mistborn it was not about Hemalurgy but about the cracks in the souls, Hemalurgy create some but there are other ways

I think Shards like Honour or Odium probably need a weaker link to influence their follower since their intents are about links while Ruin and Preservation's ones are not

There are different aspects to how Shards can influence people. Holes in the soul are one. Odium used holes in Kaladin's soul and Moashe's Connection to create nightmares. Ruin and Preservation had an easier time affecting people on Scadrial because they literally created them and the planet. Relevant WoBs:

zas678 (paraphrased)

Can Odium influence people the same way that Ruin can?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Well, you see, the kandra and the koloss have a "hole" in them that allows Ruin to come in and take over. The Parshendi naturally are protected from this, but when they expose themselves to the storms, and the spren come in, many of these spren have that kind of "hole" in them, and that's what allows Odium to take control of them.

zas678 (paraphrased)

No, I'm talking about how Ruin was able to push people, place things in their minds, stuff like that. Can Odium do the same thing?

Well, Odium wasn't around when those people were created, so it's a little different for him than Ruin. So if he influences people in that way, it's through the Unmade.

Orem signing 2014 (Dec. 6, 2014)

Cadmium (paraphrased)

We've seen someone with a Hemalurgic spike communicate or under the control of Ruin or Harmony... Can other Shards communicate or control those individuals?

Yes. Good Question. Yes...  They can certainly communicate...

Cadmium (paraphrased)

To what extent?

Not to the extent that Ruin did. The others could communicate but it'd be vague or faint, not as direct as Ruin was. He connects to us, well, them through the little bit of Preservation that he had or could touch. Because the spike pierces the soul.

Cadmium (paraphrased)

What about on other planets than Scadrial?

It'd work the same way. but again probably vaguer or fainter. Might go unnoticed.

Shadows of Self Houston signing (Oct. 7, 2015)

The other thing is that Moash, Taravangian, and the Fused made deals with Odium which put them in his power and created a strong Connection.