matt1.

Hello from a new fan

8 posts in this topic

In June last year I read Mistborn: The Final Empire, and I fell in love it! Ever since I've been enjoying all things Brandon Sanderson. Now that I've got up to date on the Mistborn Saga, I thought I really must visit The 17th Shard and join in. So, hello!

I've read Mistborn 1-6, Stormlight 1-2 (can't wait to read Edgedancer and Oathbringer), Elantris, Warbreaker, The Emperor's Soul, Skyward, and Starsight.

I don't know any Cosmere fans in real life, and I hope I'll get to interact with many here.

Welcome! There’s plenty of Cosmere fans to go around. Be very wary of spoilers since you haven’t read Oathbringer yet. Don’t worry as much about Rhythm of War spoilers, they are generally kept to their own topics. 

Anyways, glad to have you! If you are simply looking to hang out, go check out the community tab. We talk about everything there.

And, as always, a question: what’s your favorite book?

Edited by Ghanderflaffle
Ninja’d

5 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Welcome to the Shard! Favorite cosmere character?

Thank you. That's such a hard question! I think Shai from The Emperor's Soul is great. But I think I'd have to choose Sazed.

6 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Welcome! There’s plenty of Cosmere fans to go around. Be very wary of spoilers since you haven’t read Oathbringer yet. Don’t worry as much about Rhythm of War spoilers, they are generally kept to their own topics. 

Anyways, glad to have you! If you are simply looking to hang out, go check out the community tab. We talk about everything there.

And, as always, a question: what’s your favorite book?

Thanks for the Oathbringer spoilers heads up. Favourite book ever? For me, that's actually really easy, The Lord of the Rings. Favourite Cosmere book, though? That's impossibly hard. The Final Empire is where it all started for me, though, so that one is particularly special. How about you?

1 hour ago, matt1. said:

Thanks for the Oathbringer spoilers heads up. Favourite book ever? For me, that's actually really easy, The Lord of the Rings. Favourite Cosmere book, though? That's impossibly hard. The Final Empire is where it all started for me, though, so that one is particularly special. How about you?

My favorite is probably Way of Kings. That isn’t quite set yet, I’ll probably decide once I finish Rhythm of War again in a week. It’s mostly because Kaladin is my favorite character. Final Empire is also where I started Cosmere.

By the way, you can quote multiple people by using the little plus button under the post you want to quote. We generally frown upon double posting, but it happens.

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

Why hello, I am new here as well. I got into the Stormlight Archive last fall without realizing what I was getting myself into. I've read every Stormlight book, but I'm only in part 3 of The Final Empire and a few chapters into Warbreaker. I should have read that and edgedancer before Oathbreaker. Which is your favorite of the Mistborn books?