Scadrian space travel

Thinking of practical uses of Scadrial investiture and while watching tv led to a thought and link it if it’s been discussed, but if one wanted to travel to deep space with little to no resources and not have to wait couldn’t they burn cadmium and become onboard life support during space travel?

1 hour ago, TheOneEyedFox said:

Thinking of practical uses of Scadrial investiture and while watching tv led to a thought and link it if it’s been discussed, but if one wanted to travel to deep space with little to no resources and not have to wait couldn’t they burn cadmium and become onboard life support during space travel?

I think they would just store breath in Cadium minds and tap it individually for life support. And store food in Bendalloy minds. 

F-Cadmium and F-Bendalloy could be used to reduce the amount of oxygen, food and water needed, though I suspect that the former would be more suited for emergency use than a constant thing. The amount of breath you'd need to store for even a journey of a few hours would be a lot and compounding is really the only way to get anything close to the kind of oxygen supplies needed for even (relatively) short interplanetary travel.

A potentially easier way to stretch resources would be A-Cadmium, which is confirmed to be a practical method of quasi-relativistic travel, so you could use it to cut down on life support needs by having people who aren't currently needed to perform functions speed time up for themselves, assuming of course that we're talking ships that can afford to have a percentage of the crew or passengers effectively incapacitated. Though I imagine that some sort of emergency 'wakeup call' could be created with an allomantic grenade charged with A-Chromium or A-Bendalloy.

Edited by Weltall

F-Bendalloy Compounding could theoretically negate the need for food and water stores for the crew, if it's in an unSealed form (Im picturing something integrated to the ship itself); all it requires is the metal store, which a) burns at a pretty slow rate and b) can be created whole with other magic systems (which may be available by era4).  I believe there is also a WOB (cant find it) that Bendalloy could theoretically be used to "store" waste just like it does food or water, and by era4 there might be some way to convert the resulting investiture into some other useful metal's frequency.