Tesh

Musicals club?...

6 posts in this topic

There's probably already one of these somewhere, but, well, anyone want to talk about musicals? I feel like talking about musicals.

I personally am a fan of some of the more random ones. My top three at the moment are Les Miserables, Hadestown, and this one production of Hunchback of Notre Dame. I also love Phantom of the Opera, Hamilton, Wicked, and Dear Evan Hansen. Depressing musicals are the best ones. Also apparently ones that take place in France.

What musicals are you guys into?

And just to be clear, I listen to musicals, I do not sing them or act in them. Unless I'm home alone, but we don't talk about that.

I love musicals. I want to see Wicked, and I'm excited about the movie if they're ever actually gonna get around to making it. Do you like High School Musical? I'm obsessed with it and all of the songs, but Merciful hates it so I don't get to listen to the songs very often unless I have headphones on. Ooh, I also love "A Week Away" where a troubled teen gets sentenced to Christian camp and falls in love. I haven't seen any of the musicals that you mentioned though. In my opinion, happy endings where the guy gets the girl are the best. I sing the songs off-key when my sister and I are home alone. Drives her nuts. 

3 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

I love musicals. I want to see Wicked, and I'm excited about the movie if they're ever actually gonna get around to making it. Do you like High School Musical? I'm obsessed with it and all of the songs, but Merciful hates it so I don't get to listen to the songs very often unless I have headphones on. Ooh, I also love "A Week Away" where a troubled teen gets sentenced to Christian camp and falls in love. I haven't seen any of the musicals that you mentioned though. In my opinion, happy endings where the guy gets the girl are the best. I sing the songs off-key when my sister and I are home alone. Drives her nuts. 

I actually was able to see Wicked on Broadway a few years ago, and it's amazing. I hope you can see it at some point!

I've never seen High School Musical, actually. I'm not a huge fan of romance (but really good characters make it tolerable), and just like dark stories in general, so I tend to stick with those. I guess my one exception to that is Newsies. The movie. Not the stage version. I have a thing against the stage version. But the movie is fantastic.

On 5/3/2021 at 6:13 PM, Tesh said:

I actually was able to see Wicked on Broadway a few years ago, and it's amazing. I hope you can see it at some point!

I've never seen High School Musical, actually. I'm not a huge fan of romance (but really good characters make it tolerable), and just like dark stories in general, so I tend to stick with those. I guess my one exception to that is Newsies. The movie. Not the stage version. I have a thing against the stage version. But the movie is fantastic.

That's so cool!

I like musicals, but I can't stand like really old timey ones (like Newsies). I only really like one old timey movie (Sadly, it is not a musical.) I don't really like dark stories. They just make me sad. Happy upbeat romances tend to put me in a better mood.

On 4/30/2021 at 6:46 PM, Tesh said:

Depressing musicals are the best ones. Also apparently ones that take place in France.

Are musicals that take place in France generally depressing?

9 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

I like musicals, but I can't stand like really old timey ones (like Newsies). I only really like one old timey movie (Sadly, it is not a musical.) I don't really like dark stories. They just make me sad. Happy upbeat romances tend to put me in a better mood.

In all honesty, I wouldn't call Newsies old timey. I think it was made in the early 1990s. I also watch silent films, so my perspective on this is a bit weird

9 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Are musicals that take place in France generally depressing?

Three of my favorite musicals take place in Paris, and none of them have a traditionally happy ending. Except arguably PotO, but that depends on how you look at it.