Regent

So I'm currently on a Mistborn era 1 reread, but this time I dragged my younger sister along with me

6 posts in this topic

*muffled excited noises*

Just finished reading the prologue out loud and this was her reaction:

Me: And that's the prologue!

Her: Wait...that was just the prologue??

Me: Yeah

Her: That's pretty long, not gonna lie

Me: 15 pages? Not really

Her: I'm just not used to it being that long

Me: I guess so

She actually started Mistborn a couple of months ago but dropped it because she found it overwhelming. Considering that she's younger than the average reader, though, I think she actually did quite well (she got to the part of Vin's allomancy lessons, but she can't remember much of it, sadly). Maybe this time she'll actually get around to finishing it now that I'm here to explain and clarify stuff. 

(I also told her there's no pressure on finishing quickly because, well, it's Mistborn)

I also asked her what she thinks of it and she said it seems pretty interesting so I guess that's a good start.

UPDATE: She finished it. She really enjoyed it (though she teared up at the ending lol). "Probably one of the best fantasy books I've read so far," she said.

Already hopping on to era 2!

Edited by caramel_

Nice!  I hope she gets into it and really enjoys the books!  

It’s really good! My brother told me to read them, so I did. And it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I still got to read Shadows of Self.

1 hour ago, IHateVyre said:

It’s really good! My brother told me to read them, so I did. And it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I still got to read Shadows of Self.

And Bands of Mourning. And Secret History...

She actually finished TFE and is currently on WoA! She said she enjoyed FE, and most of her thoughts are pretty positive about it...

This is awesome! I actually did the SAME thing to my older sister lol! I dragged her in on my reread - it's her second Cosmere book. I read to her every night, we just started the third one