Hello!

Sp00ks

Hey all! Not a lot of great places to discuss Brandon's awesome works, and I've been lurking here for a good while. Really wanted to join in the discussion so I made an account. This is the username I use in a lot of places, and hilariously has nothing to do with Spook from Era one, though I guess it's a happy coincidence, since he's awsome. I've caught up with all Stormlight content, Warbreaker, and Mistborn era 1. Recently started Alloy of Law, but I am generally aware of cosmere related stuff that happens in era 2, largely due to irresponsible Coppermind use on my part. Looking forward to joining in the discussion!

14 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Welcome to the Shard! Favorite cosmere character?

Tough to say. I've always liked Szeth from a character perspective, definitely looking forward to seeing more from him in book 5. I also really enjoyed Spook's arc in Hero of Ages. I think overall though, my favorite would Hoid, largely due to the fact that pretty much any scene he is in tends to be one of the best in the book, at least in Stormlight.

Others I like are Marsh, Sazed, Kaladin, Teft, Dalinar, Moash (strictly from a "this is an interesting arc" perspective), and Elhokar

Edited by Sp00ks

9 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

I've never been the biggest fan of Shallan, she was okay in TWOK, slightly better in WOR, but in OB and ROW she just makes so many bad choices that it's extremely hard to relate to her, and I've grown a little tired of the constant bad choices. Even when she makes a somewhat good one, it's like pulling teeth with her. 

I also hated Zane. Probably the single worst thing to come out of Mistborn era one 

10 hours ago, caramel_ said:

Hello, welcome to the Shard! What's your favorite cosmere book/series?

Stormlight, is my favorite series, but my favorite book is probably a tie between Rhythm of War and The Final Empire. Both were pretty tight the whole way through, and didn't seem to drag much, which was surprising considering the length of ROW. The other Stormlight books seemed to drag a little in spots, Zane really hurt Well of Ascension, and while I liked Hero of Ages, it almost felt too fast. Warbreaker was okay, don't feel that strongly about it.