Mid Range 50: The Northern Wind II

DeTess

I am getting sussed for essentially doing what Mat did, saying I'm sus of Exp for gut mostly, I only voted. Everyone thinks it's odd I switched off of Exp and onto Striker, but that was a joke, I had always intended to switch back or to someone else. I just haven't posted since then. People are also sus of the 'this will come off later.' I fully expected a 'this is how Exp normally plays' or the response that Exp had to Mat.

6 hours ago, |TJ| said:

And this is what ticks me off everyone single time - being overly information reveal-y about self actions and seeming helpful just like in LG73. Also sorta like Books in the last LG. The Unknown Order

I wouldn't be sharing if not sharing didn't possibly mean wasting an action. 

I’m back!

First off - I was only voting myself to stall for a bit. I knew that if I waited a few hours, I was bound to get an elim read on somebody. And I did! That person is Archer! Why? Well, he was suspicious of me and Tani for being indecisive, and then didn’t vote! (Please notify me if I missed a vote by Archer)

I’m not getting a very good read on anyone else, however.

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I’m back!

First off - I was only voting myself to stall for a bit. I knew that if I waited a few hours, I was bound to get an elim read on somebody. And I did! That person is  Archer ! Why? Well, he was suspicious of me and Tani for being indecisive, and then didn’t vote! (Please notify me if I missed a vote by Archer)

(Red vote, I made your vote in the quote red sp you can copy and paste)

12 hours ago, Experience said:

And.... I'm back.

Ummm. 1. There is no possible way for me to have any gut feeling at that point. and 2. I don't really poke vote soo... Also. You basically just did the same thing as me but actually put a vote down.

Really?

Honestly, slight weird feeling for tani. I'll go look back at their posts after this.

I would have said straight, but I guess it's already going south...

Question. If you're more suspicious of those three, why did you vote on me? 

EDIT: Tani seems weird. Putting votes on themselves, then striker, then back to themselves. @Tani because this was edited in.

Hi.

Didja want me to vote for you instead? Would that make you feel better?

As I have stated in previous games, I am silly at the start of most (if not all) mafia games I play. It's worn off by now, but might come back later if I get too scared to deal with my scared-ness. Fair warning.

Also I just generally don't want to vote people lots until I have reads on them, whether or not I'm silly. Also also you probably don't want to kill me, unless you do. :P You're welcome.

3 hours ago, Gears said:

[OOC: My apologies for not existing for a sustained duration of time. I had exams. Soon, I shall have more exams, but that is a problem for Future!Gears. Due to the exams, I neglected to pre-write my analysis, so in a rare twist, you shall now see Gears analysis post-viewing the GM PM. Congratulations, commiserations.]

Spoiler

Once again, they send ships to Patji. I suppose the flaw was in making it seem like an accident. Perhaps slaughtering all of them will make a stronger impact. I have been informed that an Agent of the Ones Above has infiltrated the ship. This too will not stand. Taking the technology of the Ones Above will allow them to tear us apart. The Agent does not have to live to see victory, so we must destroy as many parts as possible before we bring the ship down.

The ship has adequate medical supplies, at the very least. Those who are attacked once shall be placed in the Hospital. Visiting is permitted, though it only seems useful to infiltrate and then act upon the victims. Unfortunately, medical supplies are limited in a closed system, and there’s no point in wasting those precious few items on people who show themselves to be inept enough to fall victim to the Enemy twice.

The Engineers can fix the parts we shatter, but notably, they can also remove the Agent’s improvements. Perhaps only do so if no parts are sabotaged, or if the current sabotaged part is useless. Doctors can visit to heal people. I do wonder why they don’t simply work in the hospital on a day-to-day basis, but ‘tis not my responsibility to understand the ways of the mad. The Trappers are respectable enough to understand the ways of death. I offer you good fortune in your hunts.

Several jobs on the ship also depend on the airship’s part. Internal affairs can protect and stop anyone, but if the brig goes down, the person locked up gets hurt anyways, so it functions far better as a roleblock. The Navigators can track people because apparently, every person on the ship is tagged and will show up on an individual map at the Bridge. I do not believe I signed a consent form for that. The Biologist can track DNA with the lab equipment, and notably can target those in the Hospital. The Messenger can speak to the ones in charge of this whole debacle via the communications hut, but knowing upper management, that will do nothing. The Investigator can illegally inspect confidential information in the records room via stolen keycards. Somewhat important, I’d say, but only every two iterations as they are inept at searching through paperwork.

Five of the airship parts merely accommodate duties on the ship, which implies ineptitude on someone’s part. What a waste of design. Efficiency is key. The Crew’s Mess allows for anonymous messages. Sabotaging this will make the messages nonymous, which is the equivalent of making the messages die. The Aviar Holding Area is the best part of the ship, obviously. Three birds are given each cycle, no more, and I wish to be one of the ones that receives the birds. Sak is obviously superior as it defends your life. However, it is limited. Kokerlii keeps the wretched Navigators from watching you. Seems more helpful for the Saboteurs, but then again, we can just sabotage the Bridge. The Twins speak to another at will. Useful only when information should be shared to a trusted individual privately. The Captain’s Quarters are only important if sabotaged, resulting in an angry captain, which is quite frankly hilarious. The Crew’s Bunks doles out secrets, but beware the death of them. The Engine Room causes chaos.

The rooms, in the format of NAME - SABOTAGE IMPORTANCE - REPAIR IMPORTANCE

Brig - Middling importance, higher as time goes on - Low importance early on, higher importance later

Bridge - Middling importance, higher as time goes on - Low importance early on, higher importance later.

Laboratory - High importance - Middling importance, higher importance later

Communications Hut - Low importance - Low importance

Records Room - High importance every second cycle [if you lack any of your own] - Low importance

Crew’s Mess - Low importance - Low importance

Aviar Holding Area - High importance - Middling importance

Captain’s Quarters - Low importance - Low importance

Crew’s Bunks - Low importance early on, high importance later - Low importance early on, high importance later

Engine Room - Low importance early on, high importance later - High importance early on, low importance later.

Fair fortune, fellow hunters. May you see the knives flash before they bury themselves in your flesh.

Alas, it appears that I have arrived late. There are very few things of note thus far. I will say that Zara’s statement concerning the futility of the vote is perfectly acceptable and in fact mirrors my own opinions on the matter. Doctors seem mildly useful only if they are clever, but the pool of potential Doctors is limited to everyone who didn’t speak, so then the Saboteurs have eyes to kill. I note Order for their noting of Zara, seemingly overplaying an innocuous statement. I note Tevris as a potential Agent candidate for their odd question, and just in general for erratic behavior. I would say that there are likely four Saboteurs. Tundra, I will note that engineers can undo “improved” parts. That is all.

Ok this honestly scares me. A really lot. Gears is now sus by default in this game for me.

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Ah, I see. Much ninja. Very wow. :ph34r:

Eloquent, I see. :P

2 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I’m back!

First off - I was only voting myself to stall for a bit. I knew that if I waited a few hours, I was bound to get an elim read on somebody. And I did! That person is Archer! Why? Well, he was suspicious of me and Tani for being indecisive, and then didn’t vote! (Please notify me if I missed a vote by Archer)

Interesting you think that I think you and Tani are suspicious. But you're correct that I have yet to vote. It seemed risky; if the GMs get trigger happy they might smite all the voters when they go to mod kill everyone who voted for them. I'd hate to get caught in the middle of that

My goodness I forgot about this game. Even though I *cough* followed the thread. 

Skimmed through but I didn't really digest it. I find both TUO and Exp weird, but I don't know how much I trust my gut on the latter. I have had a knack for catching Exp as elim, though I think that's just because he's rolled elim in a lot of games we've both played. Sort of an inverse Archer, I guess; reading them as elim but they actually are elim most of the time. So I'll need to think about that.

TUO for now. I'll be back probably soonish maybe with more thoughts.

5 hours ago, Gears said:

Kokerlii keeps the wretched Navigators from watching you. Seems more helpful for the Saboteurs, but then again, we can just sabotage the Bridge.

Slip of the fingers? Or admission?

Sart 
Gears 

Edited by Jondesu
Bolded for clarity

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Gears has a history of claiming elim :P. I wouldn't look too much into it.

Now someone defending a teammate, hmm? (Mostly kidding. That would be almost suicide.)

6 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Slip of the fingers? Or admission?

Sart 
Gears 

Man, its been a while since Gears claimed Elim last. I mean, this was his intended outcome. Not the votes, but to be able to potentially slip up and people not know either way. 

Sigh.

10 hours ago, |TJ| said:

So in this case you're assuming the elims have one of their own in the hospital?

Engineers can repair the improved part and the improvement will be lost and have to be reapplied. So we have a way to prevent Agent victory as well, provided we have a Engineer on our side, which I think we do.

Visitors to the hospital, including doctors, can be attacked by anyone. The elims wouldn't need to send anyone to visit the hospital in order to attack any doctors.

Is that true? I read this as if an agent part gets sabotaged, the agent can repair it and it will still count for their win condition. If a regular engineer repairs a sabotaged part that previously was modified, it comes back without that modification. I don't think that means engineers can repair intact parts to remove agent modifications.

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I don't think that means engineers can repair intact parts to remove agent modifications.

From the rules: 

In addition to repairing broken parts, Engineers can inspect parts to ensure they match the designs, without any extra parts added. They can submit an order to inspect a part, and if this part has been improved by the agent of the one’s above, the improvements are removed.

Skimmed the thread. Suspicious of TUO. He's acting weird.

11 hours ago, |TJ| said:
On 5/6/2021 at 1:40 PM, The Unknown Order said:

I might be having the same problem as Mat, but this reads so sus to me. I don't vote because I rarely form suspicions, but if you're gonna vote in the first place, do a poke or pure gut vote to get the discussion going. This probably won't stick after I get a reply, but Experience .

This looks weird because Order says he's suspicious but makes it look like poke vote, especially with "won't stick" part.

Agree with TJ here. TUO also said the vote won't stick but then put it back on Exp after getting a reply. Hm

Also, I feel like Exp saying they're not going to vote right away is NAI. I know I don't always vote immediately, though I've only played two games before this lol. I understand being suspicious of Tani, but based on what I know of them, they're acting like they do every game they play.

Mmmmm TUO for now. As always my vote is subject to change, especially since it's C1 and my brain is a little muddy rn (see blue text below :P) 

( @Quintessential good to see you too!)

A bit sick from the covid shot, so nothing in depth here.

With about 19.5 hours left in the cycle, here's a reminder to get any actions/votes in before the end of the cycle! Also here's a VC:

TUO (3): Mat, TJ, Biplet
Experience (2): Illwei, TUO
Gears (2): Tani, Jondesu
Illwei (1): Azmine_king
Tani (1): Experience
Archer (1): Szeth_Pancakes
Biplet (1): Quinn

Let me know if any of this is wrong. I may have messed something up due to incompetence you all voting on me for a bit. :P 

Okay finally I can sit down and actually do stuff with this game. I reread the thread and my overall impressions so far:

TJ's vote on TUO felt village--being concerned with oversharing information about actions is a mindset that villagers automatically have and elims (speaking from personal experience) don't.

TUO's statement of what their action would be also felt village, though, imo. I can't imagine an elim would want to publicly obligate themselves to do a specific action, or at least not until the entire team had decided who was submitting the kill and who was doing what other actions. Since TUO announced their action less than 3.5 hours after the start of the cycle... well, I have a hard time believing the team would have had everything figured out by then.

Exp's post at the beginning is admittedly a little odd so I have them as null elim for now.

Tani is Tani. After what happened in QF52, I've decided to take a break from reading her village just for being Tani, so I have her as null for now. Same for Gears being Gears though admittedly I couldn't get myself to read that whole post. I mention them specifically because they're people I feel like I should have a read on, I just... don't. They're noted null, ig.

1 hour ago, Biplet said:

( @Quintessential good to see you too!)

:) Biplet 

Illwei, how come you voted Experience without reasoning and then dedicated the rest of that same post to explaining why you thought Tani, TUO, and Szeth were sus? (Exp themself pointed this out already and you never explained)

Ok, here we go.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

I am getting sussed for essentially doing what Mat did, saying I'm sus of Exp for gut mostly, I only voted. Everyone thinks it's odd I switched off of Exp and onto Striker, but that was a joke, I had always intended to switch back or to someone else. I just haven't posted since then. People are also sus of the 'this will come off later.' I fully expected a 'this is how Exp normally plays' or the response that Exp had to Mat.

I wouldn't be sharing if not sharing didn't possibly mean wasting an action. 

Ok... this just bumped you up on my elim-gut-read-meter. 

4 hours ago, Tani said:

Hi.

Didja want me to vote for you instead? Would that make you feel better?

I mean, I don't necessarily want you to vote on me... but I'm not going to change my vote just because someone else threatens to vote on me. (also, the threat doesn't work as well when you don't vote on me :P)

24 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Exp's post at the beginning is admittedly a little odd so I have them as null elim for now.

Illwei, how come you voted Experience without reasoning and then dedicated the rest of that same post to explaining why you thought Tani, TUO, and Szeth were sus? (Exp themself pointed this out already and you never explained)

Not sure how it's odd to choose to hold off on voting at start of d1 but ok...

@Illwei, lets tag you so you actually see this.

TUO seems sus-ish, but I'm going to keep my vote on tani for now. 

Is italics the new format for RP? In any case, my thoughts.

Fourth of Legend stretched his arms, lazily getting to his feet. It had been smooth sailing so far, but now the ship was starting to get antsy. There was once again talk of saboteurs, and a referendum was being held. He had already gotten reprimanded for not participating, so he had to put his cards on the table. Obviously, Tevris (Tani) was fishing, and it looked like someone bit. He asked a simple question, and waited for responses. The content wasn't important, but it was the tells that mattered. Liars dart around like startled fish, never committing to an answer. The Saboteurs would hem and haw, while the Crewmembers would speak frankly, since they had nothing to lose. In Fourth's opinion, he would rather have the Ones above win. He doubted a neutral party managed to survive for five days in this type of chaos, so he wasn't too worried about the aliens. No, he needed to focus on the Saboteurs.

In that regard, one person clearly stood out. Illwei had ducked Tevris's question like a scared Aviar.

On 5/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, Illwei said:

I think it doesn't matter to me personally. If the Elims have an engineer and they lose, then good for the Agent I guess. If I was an Elim I wouldn't very much care if I was declared the winner or not, because technically I would have won. Same way I feel about village. If we catch all the Elims I'll feel the same if it's declared an Agent win or a Village win.

Ducking and weaving, hemming and hawing, never wanting to commit. All the signs were there. However, there was something more that put Fourth on edge.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:03 AM, Illwei said:

I haven't fully read the rules, but my first thought I'm gonna put out there for now, is that I don't think the Doctors are that important, and I think giving up your voice and vote for a cycle to revive someone isn't a good trade. I also think that going to the hospital at all isn't a very good trade for talking to the dead people either.

Now, Fourth agreed that taking your time in the infirmary wasn't a great idea. However, abandoning the injured in the hospital was just plain suicidal. If the Saboteurs attacked someone, that meant the victim wasn't a Saboteur. Having confirmed good people would greatly help our chances. Yes, he supposed a Saboteur could fake an injury, but that would be a huge risk, and with not much benefit. Even if we don't trust the wounded completely, it would still double the Saboteur's workload. The longer we survived, the more we have a chance to root out the traitors. It was a simple rule. When your opponent's low on chips, you bleed him dry. We win via attrition. So, for that backwards logic, Illwei had to go.

1 hour ago, Quintessential said:

Tani is Tani. After what happened in QF52, I've decided to take a break from reading her village just for being Tani, so I have her as null for now. Same for Gears being Gears though admittedly I couldn't get myself to read that whole post. I mention them specifically because they're people I feel like I should have a read on, I just... don't. They're noted null, ig.

Sorry! ;-;

12 minutes ago, Sart said:

Is italics the new format for RP? In any case, my thoughts.

Fourth of Legend stretched his arms, lazily getting to his feet. It had been smooth sailing so far, but now the ship was starting to get antsy. There was once again talk of saboteurs, and a referendum was being held. He had already gotten reprimanded for not participating, so he had to put his cards on the table. Obviously, Tevris (Tani) was fishing, and it looked like someone bit. He asked a simple question, and waited for responses. The content wasn't important, but it was the tells that mattered. Liars dart around like startled fish, never committing to an answer. The Saboteurs would hem and haw, while the Crewmembers would speak frankly, since they had nothing to lose. In Fourth's opinion, he would rather have the Ones above win. He doubted a neutral party managed to survive for five days in this type of chaos, so he wasn't too worried about the aliens. No, he needed to focus on the Saboteurs.

In that regard, one person clearly stood out. Illwei had ducked Tevris's question like a scared Aviar.

Ducking and weaving, hemming and hawing, never wanting to commit. All the signs were there. However, there was something more that put Fourth on edge.

Now, Fourth agreed that taking your time in the infirmary wasn't a great idea. However, abandoning the injured in the hospital was just plain suicidal. If the Saboteurs attacked someone, that meant the victim wasn't a Saboteur. Having confirmed good people would greatly help our chances. Yes, he supposed a Saboteur could fake an injury, but that would be a huge risk, and with not much benefit. Even if we don't trust the wounded completely, it would still double the Saboteur's workload. The longer we survived, the more we have a chance to root out the traitors. It was a simple rule. When your opponent's low on chips, you bleed him dry. We win via attrition. So, for that backwards logic, Illwei had to go.

2 things: 1. Tevris is a girl. 2. Thanks for pointing that out! I hadn't realized it.