DeTess

Mid Range 50: The Northern Wind II

490 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Striker because he's always evil. Especially when he's the GM.

 

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Hmm, I might could get behind a Striker lynch. Mutiny on the Northern Wind?

 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Don't you mean a Striker lynch? Exp

>:( 

*considers the ethicality of modkilling players*

1 hour ago, Quintessential said:

Did you miss the part where the Agent has a one-time kill? They could attack us, as a matter of fact :P 

 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

...I did miss that, actually 

That would probably be because I forgot to update the rules doc to reflect the final changes we made in the rules that were posted in the signup thread. :P

If anyone notices any other discrepancies between the rules in the signup post and the rules in the doc, just let us know and I'll adjust them (the version in the signup post is the most accurate version, if there's any differences left still).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killing the GM is soooooooo last month, smh

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Illwei said:

Killing the GM is soooooooo last month, smh

Yeah, no one's ever going to top Kas's dethroning xD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Killing the GM is soooooooo last month, smh

Or a few years ago. IIRC we did it or tried in a game a long time ago. I can’t remember the outcome right now.

Edit: and @Quintessential, you must have stalked my Facebook or something. How did you get my age?

Edited by Jondesu
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jondesu said:

Edit: and @Quintessential, you must have stalked my Facebook or something. How did you get my age?

I stalked all your old posts on SE xD everyone who's been around as long as you have is bound to have mentioned their age or at least stage of life at some point :P 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Edit: and @Quintessential, you must have stalked my Facebook or something. How did you get my age?

Please 'splain?

Edited by Tani
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quintessential said:

I stalked all your old posts on SE xD everyone who's been around as long as you have is bound to have mentioned their age or at least stage of life at some point :P 

Ah, ok. Impressive dedication.

Just now, Tani said:

Please 'splain?

Quinn guessed my age correctly last turn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jondesu said:

Quinn guessed my age correctly last turn.

No, I guessed your age correctly in the other game xD wrong thread 

Just now, Jondesu said:

Ah, ok. Impressive dedication.

It only took me 5 minutes, so not really : P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm going to throw a vote on Experience Right now. 

Noted: 

 - Don't like TUO's "this will probably come off later", because that gives him reason to remove if XP gets more pressure, and it also defeats the purpose in a way of voting someone to pressure them at all. 

 - I think tani's question is mostly meaningless- answer wise. The Elims have to kill all the villagers to live. So even if all the villagers know who the elims are, the elims then I guess either have to work out and kill the agent first, or work out other things. Idk. So villagers don't really chose a side there

 - I think the distro is 11-4-1, and 10-5-1 feels too little (EDIT: TOO MANY. TOO MANY ELIMS. NOT TOO LITTLE ELIMS.). The Elims have functionally won once they outnumber everyone else- the only thing left for them to do is to find the agent and kill them first before the rest of the village. So that's still 4 cycles to get down to 3-1-4 in a perfect Elim game. 

 - I think the arguments about the Neutral being a threat have no weight, as their kill would only be used in endgame, where maybe it's two villagers and them, or them and a villager vs. the elims, or Villagers with one Elim left. killing off earlier than that doesn't really help them as much Imo, and if we are winning then they don't have any incentive to kill off a trusted/important town role. 

 - If there's only one engineer in this game, I'd assume it would be an Elim. 

 - Again, I don't really have a problem with the Agent winning instead of the village. I'm not gonna actively try and help them ofc (if there even is a way to do that), but I'm not going to try and delay the game if we think they have all 5 parts upgraded or whatnot. 

 - Szeth and Tani both voted on themselves

 - Tani and TUO voted on Striker. 

 - Immediately more suspicious of all three because 

TUO didn't even stay on Exp like he said he wanted to
Tani and Szeth haven't made a significant vote (only on them, or on the GM)

Edited by Illwei
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I’ll be more present tomorrow! I’m finishing up the remnants of the semester today + covid vaccine.

Anyway, excited to play. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Again, I don't really have a problem with the Agent winning instead of the village. I'm not gonna actively try and help them ofc (if there even is a way to do that), but I'm not going to try and delay the game if we think they have all 5 parts upgraded or whatnot. 

If the Agent wins, everybody else loses. If they get to five parts upgraded, we can't afford to end the game. However, the only ones who can actually do something about that are the elims, by sabotaging parts that the Agent has modified.

Edit: I see that you don't actually care about winning the game so long as you wipe out the other faction, but other people may feel differently.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guess what I just thought of!

D'you know the fastest way to die in this game?

 

Claim engineer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Edit: I see that you don't actually care about winning the game so long as you wipe out the other faction, but other people may feel differently.

Again, Tani asked opinions, So I shared :P. It's the same feeling like how I don't really count wins if I died early and was village. Sure it's a team game but it's not my win. The effort and satisfaction that goes into winning the game will feel the same to me whether It's specifically declared a village win or not, if we caught all the elims.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Again, Tani asked opinions, So I shared :P. It's the same feeling like how I don't really count wins if I died early and was village. Sure it's a team game but it's not my win. The effort and satisfaction that goes into winning the game will feel the same to me whether It's specifically declared a village win or not, if we caught all the elims.

This makes total sense to me, and I'm sure I'd feel the same.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Illwei said:

 - If there's only one engineer in this game, I'd assume it would be an Elim. 

Why would you expect only one Engineer though? I thought earlier we were seeing suggestions of 2-4 of each role essentially.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Again, Tani asked opinions, So I shared :P. It's the same feeling like how I don't really count wins if I died early and was village. Sure it's a team game but it's not my win. The effort and satisfaction that goes into winning the game will feel the same to me whether It's specifically declared a village win or not, if we caught all the elims.

I want to clarify that my thought process on this should only be applied from me for this game, with this neutral.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Why would you expect only one Engineer though? I thought earlier we were seeing suggestions of 2-4 of each role essentially.

I don't think this is a role madness :P.

and perhaps 2 engineers, but I don't expect too many

Edited by Illwei
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I don't think this is a role madness :P.

That's a very vanillager thing of you to say

Good luck in the competition, by the way

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Archer said:

That's a very vanillager thing of you to say

Is it? :P.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am posting this on the off chance that I won't be able to post tomorrow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

And.... I'm back.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

I will say that I will be going to the hospital to give the doctor cover if an important role dies. If we have the Agent, engineers just went from important to super important. 

I might be having the same problem as Mat, but this reads so sus to me. I don't vote because I rarely form suspicions, but if you're gonna vote in the first place, do a poke or pure gut vote to get the discussion going. This probably won't stick after I get a reply, but Experience .

Ummm. 1. There is no possible way for me to have any gut feeling at that point. and 2. I don't really poke vote soo... Also. You basically just did the same thing as me but actually put a vote down.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Don't you mean a Striker lynch? Exp

Really?

5 hours ago, Tani said:

Please answer, all yous other folks.

@Matrim's Dice @Gears @Random Bystander @Azmine_king @Devotary of Spontaneity @Experience @Sart @Szeth_Pancakes @|TJ| @Archer @Biplet @Jondesu

Edit:

In conclusion: Tani.

You're welcome. :D

Honestly, slight weird feeling for tani. I'll go look back at their posts after this.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

I'm Team Neutral all the way. You seem very intent on getting an answer to your random question, Tani. :P Are you hoping to catch an elim who admits they'd theoretically prefer their own team wins in such a scenario? 

I have another question: where is this ship going? 

I would have said straight, but I guess it's already going south...

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

I'm going to throw a vote on Experience Right now. 

Noted: 

 - Don't like TUO's "this will probably come off later", because that gives him reason to remove if XP gets more pressure, and it also defeats the purpose in a way of voting someone to pressure them at all. 

 - I think tani's question is mostly meaningless- answer wise. The Elims have to kill all the villagers to live. So even if all the villagers know who the elims are, the elims then I guess either have to work out and kill the agent first, or work out other things. Idk. So villagers don't really chose a side there

 - I think the distro is 11-4-1, and 10-5-1 feels too little (EDIT: TOO MANY. TOO MANY ELIMS. NOT TOO LITTLE ELIMS.). The Elims have functionally won once they outnumber everyone else- the only thing left for them to do is to find the agent and kill them first before the rest of the village. So that's still 4 cycles to get down to 3-1-4 in a perfect Elim game. 

 - I think the arguments about the Neutral being a threat have no weight, as their kill would only be used in endgame, where maybe it's two villagers and them, or them and a villager vs. the elims, or Villagers with one Elim left. killing off earlier than that doesn't really help them as much Imo, and if we are winning then they don't have any incentive to kill off a trusted/important town role. 

 - If there's only one engineer in this game, I'd assume it would be an Elim. 

 - Again, I don't really have a problem with the Agent winning instead of the village. I'm not gonna actively try and help them ofc (if there even is a way to do that), but I'm not going to try and delay the game if we think they have all 5 parts upgraded or whatnot. 

 - Szeth and Tani both voted on themselves

 - Tani and TUO voted on Striker. 

 - Immediately more suspicious of all three because 

TUO didn't even stay on Exp like he said he wanted to
Tani and Szeth haven't made a significant vote (only on them, or on the GM)

Question. If you're more suspicious of those three, why did you vote on me? 

EDIT: Tani seems weird. Putting votes on themselves, then striker, then back to themselves. @Tani because this was edited in.

Edited by Experience
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Experience said:

Ummm. 1. There is no possible way for me to have any gut feeling at that point.

I mean, I speak from experience (no pun intended) when I say that this isn’t true :P Gut feelings can come as early as anything.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean, I speak from experience (no pun intended) when I say that this isn’t true :P Gut feelings can come as early as anything.

Fine, I could have had a gut feeling. I didn't tho. Also, are you referring to your gut feeling about me? Also also, that pun was totally intended.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Experience said:

Fine, I could have had a gut feeling. I didn't tho. Also, are you referring to your gut feeling about me? Also also, that pun was totally intended.

Fair enough. Not specifically, though I could have been. Only after I noticed it :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Illwei said:

My thought is that, yes, they revive someone who might almost be confirmed good, but that just puts a target on both them and you. You go to the hospital and you might get NKd, is why thought. that basically gives you a) a cycle with one less vote, with less discussion, b.) a 1-1 trade for a doctor-almost confirmed good, and then that person most likely dies again.

So in this case you're assuming the elims have one of their own in the hospital? Then, we'd have narrowed down the list of possible elims to the ones in the hospital. And I think forcing elims to kill the same person again is a good thing, it's like they'd have a double life which would only prolong their path to a win.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

I might be having the same problem as Mat, but this reads so sus to me. I don't vote because I rarely form suspicions, but if you're gonna vote in the first place, do a poke or pure gut vote to get the discussion going. This probably won't stick after I get a reply, but Experience .

This looks weird because Order says he's suspicious but makes it look like poke vote, especially with "won't stick" part.

9 hours ago, Tani said:

If we had to choose between the elims winning or the agent winning, which would you each choose? (Village winning is NOT an option in this hypothetical situation!)

The agent ofc <3 :P.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

I will be going to the Aviar holding center this turn. If anyone else is going there you should probably declare in-thread to prevent more than three people visiting there.

And this is what ticks me off everyone single time - being overly information reveal-y about self actions and seeming helpful just like in LG73. Also sorta like Books in the last LG. The Unknown Order

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

 - Don't like TUO's "this will probably come off later", because that gives him reason to remove if XP gets more pressure, and it also defeats the purpose in a way of voting someone to pressure them at all. 

As mentioned before, agreed.

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

I'm not gonna actively try and help them ofc

Hehehe I was about to say "I might do this" then realized that's actively gamethrowing :P.

6 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If the Agent wins, everybody else loses. If they get to five parts upgraded, we can't afford to end the game. However, the only ones who can actually do something about that are the elims, by sabotaging parts that the Agent has modified.

Engineers can repair the improved part and the improvement will be lost and have to be reapplied. So we have a way to prevent Agent victory as well, provided we have a Engineer on our side, which I think we do.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[OOC: My apologies for not existing for a sustained duration of time. I had exams. Soon, I shall have more exams, but that is a problem for Future!Gears. Due to the exams, I neglected to pre-write my analysis, so in a rare twist, you shall now see Gears analysis post-viewing the GM PM. Congratulations, commiserations.]

Once again, they send ships to Patji. I suppose the flaw was in making it seem like an accident. Perhaps slaughtering all of them will make a stronger impact. I have been informed that an Agent of the Ones Above has infiltrated the ship. This too will not stand. Taking the technology of the Ones Above will allow them to tear us apart. The Agent does not have to live to see victory, so we must destroy as many parts as possible before we bring the ship down.

The ship has adequate medical supplies, at the very least. Those who are attacked once shall be placed in the Hospital. Visiting is permitted, though it only seems useful to infiltrate and then act upon the victims. Unfortunately, medical supplies are limited in a closed system, and there’s no point in wasting those precious few items on people who show themselves to be inept enough to fall victim to the Enemy twice.

The Engineers can fix the parts we shatter, but notably, they can also remove the Agent’s improvements. Perhaps only do so if no parts are sabotaged, or if the current sabotaged part is useless. Doctors can visit to heal people. I do wonder why they don’t simply work in the hospital on a day-to-day basis, but ‘tis not my responsibility to understand the ways of the mad. The Trappers are respectable enough to understand the ways of death. I offer you good fortune in your hunts.

Several jobs on the ship also depend on the airship’s part. Internal affairs can protect and stop anyone, but if the brig goes down, the person locked up gets hurt anyways, so it functions far better as a roleblock. The Navigators can track people because apparently, every person on the ship is tagged and will show up on an individual map at the Bridge. I do not believe I signed a consent form for that. The Biologist can track DNA with the lab equipment, and notably can target those in the Hospital. The Messenger can speak to the ones in charge of this whole debacle via the communications hut, but knowing upper management, that will do nothing. The Investigator can illegally inspect confidential information in the records room via stolen keycards. Somewhat important, I’d say, but only every two iterations as they are inept at searching through paperwork.

Five of the airship parts merely accommodate duties on the ship, which implies ineptitude on someone’s part. What a waste of design. Efficiency is key. The Crew’s Mess allows for anonymous messages. Sabotaging this will make the messages nonymous, which is the equivalent of making the messages die. The Aviar Holding Area is the best part of the ship, obviously. Three birds are given each cycle, no more, and I wish to be one of the ones that receives the birds. Sak is obviously superior as it defends your life. However, it is limited. Kokerlii keeps the wretched Navigators from watching you. Seems more helpful for the Saboteurs, but then again, we can just sabotage the Bridge. The Twins speak to another at will. Useful only when information should be shared to a trusted individual privately. The Captain’s Quarters are only important if sabotaged, resulting in an angry captain, which is quite frankly hilarious. The Crew’s Bunks doles out secrets, but beware the death of them. The Engine Room causes chaos.

The rooms, in the format of NAME - SABOTAGE IMPORTANCE - REPAIR IMPORTANCE

Brig - Middling importance, higher as time goes on - Low importance early on, higher importance later

Bridge - Middling importance, higher as time goes on - Low importance early on, higher importance later.

Laboratory - High importance - Middling importance, higher importance later

Communications Hut - Low importance - Low importance

Records Room - High importance every second cycle [if you lack any of your own] - Low importance

Crew’s Mess - Low importance - Low importance

Aviar Holding Area - High importance - Middling importance

Captain’s Quarters - Low importance - Low importance

Crew’s Bunks - Low importance early on, high importance later - Low importance early on, high importance later

Engine Room - Low importance early on, high importance later - High importance early on, low importance later.

Fair fortune, fellow hunters. May you see the knives flash before they bury themselves in your flesh.

Alas, it appears that I have arrived late. There are very few things of note thus far. I will say that Zara’s statement concerning the futility of the vote is perfectly acceptable and in fact mirrors my own opinions on the matter. Doctors seem mildly useful only if they are clever, but the pool of potential Doctors is limited to everyone who didn’t speak, so then the Saboteurs have eyes to kill. I note Order for their noting of Zara, seemingly overplaying an innocuous statement. I note Tevris as a potential Agent candidate for their odd question, and just in general for erratic behavior. I would say that there are likely four Saboteurs. Tundra, I will note that engineers can undo “improved” parts. That is all.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.