Mid Range 50: The Northern Wind II

DeTess

Holy cow, if I had ever had two games be so starkly opposite...

This game started during LG76 and so for a time I was playing elim in both of them. In the LG, we played well but got extremely unlucky. In this game... well, I wouldn't go so far as to say we played bad, but we definitely got lucky. And almost suffered for not reading the rules carefully.

Like when Jondesu died the second time, we thought we could just kill people in the Hospital without visiting. And that cycle I even tried to Brig Devo so that she couldn't heal Jon because I thought that Jon would just go back to the Hospital if she did. Exp brigged me, Devo brought Jon back, we killed him, and it worked, completely on accident. We also got lucky by taking out all the engineers first.

So yeah @Biplet and @Sart were great teammates. Sorry @Experience for fake-tunneling :P 

Just a few things :P. 

1. godDAMMIT BIP you had me fooled until sart claimed trapper >> i thought you softing your scan in thread in the way to go back and reference it was SO TOWNY BECAUSE YOU WERE NEW but i am NEVER AGAIN LTLETTING YOU FOOL ME LIKE THIS

2. I, tbh, completely ignored matrim because i was like, Elim? Two games in a row? Psh nah. But i also wanted to point out to @Quintessential something that made me think mat was an Elim was when he claimed to want to keep voting on Exp because "it was like mailliw". You used LAMIST against me before so i wanted to point out when I think it really does look suspicious :P. Mat subtly being like "Im village because i am tunneling on this person like in the game where i was village" when the tunnel didnt appear like that at all from the outside, not to mention it was lylo.

3. I am NEVER AGAIN taking the "theres not enough posts from them" as adequate defense. I could go on about this and how some people just dont post as much as others and that doesnt mean they are inactive or they dont deserve to die (everyone deserves to die, equal opportunity or equality or whatnot ya know) but im not going to :P. 

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

1. godDAMMIT BIP you had me fooled until sart claimed trapper >> i thought you softing your scan in thread in the way to go back and reference it was SO TOWNY BECAUSE YOU WERE NEW but i am NEVER AGAIN LTLETTING YOU FOOL ME LIKE THIS

xD That was fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

2. I, tbh, completely ignored matrim because i was like, Elim? Two games in a row? Psh nah. But i also wanted to point out to @Quintessential something that made me think mat was an Elim was when he claimed to want to keep voting on Exp because "it was like mailliw". You used LAMIST against me before so i wanted to point out when I think it really does look suspicious :P. Mat subtly being like "Im village because i am tunneling on this person like in the game where i was village" when the tunnel didnt appear like that at all from the outside, not to mention it was lylo.

Well, yeah I can own this one :P. I did that 100% on purpose but I think I only said it once. For the last cycle, I just left my vote on Exp because I knew it would end up there anyway, and if anyone else had pointed it out I woulda been all 'oh oops forgot to change' and then just hammered with Bip.

Oh sidenote: Randby coming back scared me a bit, until she didn't vote :P.

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

3. I am NEVER AGAIN taking the "theres not enough posts from them" as adequate defense. I could go on about this and how some people just dont post as much as others and that doesnt mean they are inactive or they dont deserve to die (everyone deserves to die, equal opportunity or equality or whatnot ya know) but im not going to :P. 

I mean, I hope you didn't miss that I mentioned a contribution crusade on everyone except Sart at some point in the game either.

Other sidenote: @Archer, I regret killing you so early if only because we got so little of your doc :P 

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

godDAMMIT BIP you had me fooled until sart claimed trapper >> i thought you softing your scan in thread in the way to go back and reference it was SO TOWNY BECAUSE YOU WERE NEW but i am NEVER AGAIN LTLETTING YOU FOOL ME LIKE THIS

I'm cracking up because sart claiming trapper was unplanned and caused inordinate amounts of panic (mostly from me) in the elim doc. I should also add that me backing up my scans was a complete lie and the stuff in the thread was total coincidence, though I did scan you on like C4 or C5 lmao.

22 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

mean, I hope you didn't miss that I mentioned a contribution crusade on everyone except Sart at some point in the game either.

Dont forget you sussing me for my last minute switch to tani 

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Dont forget you sussing me for my last minute switch to tani 

I don't think I sussed you explicitly, that was more... if Azmine is evil, then you are too. Course I already knew that wasn't true, but I stuck with my village read of you until the end.

Ah, glad I was right about Mat but that's about it xD

Good game elims! I suspected Bio initially but the "this is exactly what I would have done" comment on Szeth when I made my case for Szeth elimination kinda made me read Bip as village. 

34 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Bio?

BIO????

:shallanohno:

Champs bio still not done

42 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don't think I sussed you explicitly, that was more... if Azmine is evil, then you are too. Course I already knew that wasn't true, but I stuck with my village read of you until the end.

Id quote it but you directly sussee me for my switch back on tani, and when i pointed it out you were like haha your right youre village haha!!

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Welp. I... darn it all mat. I should have just gone with my gut and blocked you instead of tj. sigh. gg elims. 

Well, if you had done that, we both would have ended up in the Brig and the kill and sabotage still would have gone through :P 

1 hour ago, Experience said:

Also, darn you @StrikerEZ for giving the elims an IA :P 

It was that, or an extra player :P

I'll try to have a slightly more comprehensive set of thought up later, but I will say that one of the things I was most worried about this game was balance, and despite the end result, I think the village absolutely had a fair shot at winning this game. in fact, the odds might have been slightly against the elims, but if so, not by much.

Also, two things I'd like to attract everyone's attention to:

1. The Agent doc. Just go and read it, it's fantastic!
  2. The elims had originally been planning to sabotage the brig C3, and only switched their plans in the last hour or so. If they had done that, Mat would have been hospitalized, and Biplet would have been seen targeting the brig by the spotlights, which likely would have resulted in her dismissal the next cycle. That would have resulted in a very different conclusion to this game, I reckon XD
Edited by DeTess

Weeeeee! Good game, all. Thanks for running this, GMs and IM. Sorry I kinda forgot the dead doc existed until just now. :o Got too excited after getting my own at the start. 

I put zero effort into solving the game, (rightly) figuring that unless I softed Agent, I was going to be an early NK. I know I got exed for it, but I really thought someone would note the change in playstyle and neutral read me for it. Either way, I had lots of fun. Good work, elims!

Edit: Jondesu, what was the key to your code? I tried to work it out and couldn't 

Edited by Archer

22 minutes ago, Archer said:

Jondesu, what was the key to your code? I tried to work it out and couldn't 

It was just one prior in the alphabet, then two forward, then three prior, then four forward, etc. Fairly simple, but I don’t know if there’s a name for that.

1 minute ago, Jondesu said:

It was just one prior in the alphabet, then two forward, then three prior, then four forward, etc. Fairly simple, but I don’t know if there’s a name for that.

I didn't actually crack the code. I just noticed that Engineer was the only role with 8 letters, and the first two words were clearly 'I am'

4 minutes ago, Sart said:

I didn't actually crack the code. I just noticed that Engineer was the only role with 8 letters, and the first two words were clearly 'I am'

Lol, nice. Sometimes it’s really that simple.

8 hours ago, DeTess said:

The elims had originally been planning to sabotage the brig C3, and only switched their plans in the last hour or so. If they had done that, Mat would have been hospitalized, and Biplet would have been seen targeting the brig by the spotlights, which likely would have resulted in her dismissal the next cycle. That would have resulted in a very different conclusion to this game, I reckon XD

I knew about the brig part, but I had no idea the search lights also could've outed us. That could've been really bad.

It's time to give one final congratulations to the Saboteurs of this game for another decisive eliminator victory. A huge thank you to both Striker and DeTess for running such a fun game and clearly having fun of their own along the way. Again, thanks to all the players, without whom no game would work.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: