Mid Range 50: The Northern Wind II

DeTess

50 minutes ago, Experience said:

I still don't know about mat. or quinn. or you. I feel like (at least) one of you is an elim... I dunno...

Im talking reasonings rn

Easier to work like that 

1 hour ago, Experience said:

I still don't know about mat. or quinn. or you. I feel like (at least) one of you is an elim... I dunno...

I still don't like Exp but that might still just be me :P. I don't really know where to go from here. Szeth seems like a decent info kill but I still... yeah I don't know anymore. I can't see the elims hospitalizing their Doctor, so I'm going with the assumption that Devo was/is village. And probably our only Doctor. I guess there could be two, though idk I don't want to guess at the distro.

Randby. I don't want to exe someone that will completely kill the thread.

Hey, just a reminder for everyone: there’s just under 12 hours left in this cycle. Make sure to get your votes and actions in! @Illwei @Matrim's Dice @Gears @Random Bystander @Experience @Sart @Szeth_Pancakes @|TJ| @Biplet @Quintessential

Edited by StrikerEZ

First of all

Randby sure

Okay I'm dissapointed in yalls smh :P. It's been almost 48 hours and we have less than a page. Not even a page. And no one wanted to help me :pensive: 

anyways lets see where I get with anything.

EDIT: 

wait automatically hit send well thats fine i guess be back in a bit

Edited by Illwei

Vote Count:
Szeth (2): TJ, Biplet
Random Bystander (2): Matrim, Illwei

I keep going inactive in this game, and it appears I'm not the only one. Right then, we've got two trains going today. Random Bystander, because he's inactive, and Szeth, because he had a tunnel on Illwei. With ties killing both parties, we would lose the game on the spot if they're both villagers. Since I'm probably not going to be around for rollover, I need to break the tie one way or another. I remember reading Szeth as village on Day 1, and while I should really go back and check that, I'm going to trust my gut on this one. Randby, on the other hand, I've gotten no read from, which is suspicious this late in the game.I know this is the pot calling the kettle black, but I'm going to vote on Random Bystander. Most hypocritical Contribution Crusade ever.

Oh yeah, @Quintessential this is the time when you tell us all the info you've gotten from your role because we're practically at Elo :P.

EDIT:

With so few people voting, it's going to be easy for the Elims to tie it and win. Flipping Randby this late into the game doesn't do much to help if we survive to next round. 

Experience

High risk? maybe, idk man :P. I'll switch back if no one follows me. might as well try though. I might even switch to szeth because that even tells us more than randby. 

@Matrim's Dice  wanna vote Exp with me? :P. 

Edited by Illwei

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

Oh yeah, @Quintessential this is the time when you tell us all the info you've gotten from your role because we're practically at Elo :P.

We are not, in fact, anywhere close to a loss :P.

• The Saboteurs are the elim team. Each cycle, this faction can attack one player and sabotage one airship part. Victory is achieved when all of the Crewmembers have been hospitalized or dismissed. This faction has a doc to conspire in.

Anyway, I don't know why we're CC'ing when we're like 5 cycles in to the game, that's weird. And I don't know why we're voting for Exp, we looks village to me.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:29 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

I was under the impression that your vote was only random the cycle you were blinded.

Wait, huh. According to the rules:

If the bridge gets sabotaged while in use, a flash of light from the lights will blind the navigator for one cycle. If they vote in the next cycle, it is randomly redirected to a random player.

@DeTess/ @StrikerEZ Does this mean that my (or to you, a hypothetical Navigator's :P) target scan starts working from this cycle? Is my ( hypothetical navigator's :P) vote not going to be randomized??

I am now suspecting everyone in the game except Gears, Bip (yes I've come around after reread) aaaand Exp (this is because his suspicious on me did not feel malicious and from an elim intent, idk how else to explain it). Also maybe Sart on gut.

Changes from last read list would be Quinn as elim cause I asked if she could tie the voting and she didn't give a reply to it. Also, I'm not seeing any other vanilla villagers smh so now I'm glaring at Quinn's scan results and coming up with a situation where elim!Gears was brigged by elim!Quinn to protect him from Trapper attack. Illwei for preferring Az over Szeth, though they're probably not teammates - sooo to keep things consistent? Idk, I feel one of Szeth/Illwei is an elim. If someone voted for me 4 cycles in a row, I'd be a little more suspicious of them than Illwei is/was of Szeth. 

Feel like I'm forgetting something... but oh well.

3 hours ago, |TJ| said:

And I don't know why we're voting for Exp

"We" is me, and you seem awfully sensitive to that.

Also, the whole reason games are usually called at parity or when the elims outnumber is because the village just...can't win anymore. If im missing something from a role, let me know, but once we hit parity or less than, weve functionally lost. The rules are the way they are to give the Agent a chance, not because village still has a chance.

3 hours ago, |TJ| said:

@DeTess/ @StrikerEZ Does this mean that my (or to you, a hypothetical Navigator's :P) target scan starts working from this cycle? Is my ( hypothetical navigator's :P) vote not going to be randomized?

It won't work because the Bridge is still sabotaged, but it's also not the cycle after it got sabotaged anymore. So you can't use your action but you can vote. I think.

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

With so few people voting, it's going to be easy for the Elims to tie it and win. Flipping Randby this late into the game doesn't do much to help if we survive to next round. 

Experience

High risk? maybe, idk man :P. I'll switch back if no one follows me. might as well try though. I might even switch to szeth because that even tells us more than randby. 

@Matrim's Dice  wanna vote Exp with me? :P.

:/ :P.

Exp

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

@Bipleti have a case on tj and xp but i really dont have time to explain it. Any chance youd switch? Ill take all the blame if he flips village, but we're too close to a tie rn. 

Wait we are on a tie

is it better to leave it? Agh 

Cycle 6

"You've got to listen to me! It's not my fault that headquarters has kept silent so far! I've been sending regular reports, just as I'm supposed to!" The pancake-loving crew-member argued, but his colleagues wanted to hear nothing off it. They refused to listen to anything that was said, and before long the captain brought in the constables to take the messenger away, both because of the suspicions, and for their own protection.

Suspicion and anger where still present among the crew even after that, and it came as no surprise to anyone that someone broke into the messenger's hut and ransacked the place, breaking many of the equipment in the process, though if they found something incriminating, they did not share it.

What did come as a surprise was the state in which Fourth of the Dark was found the following morning. Someone had locked him in the ship's cold storage, and though he was still alive, frost-bite had done a number on him, and he was promptly send to the hospital to recover.

Szeth_Pancakes has been dismissed, they were a village messenger

Gears has been hospitalized! They do not have a role.

The communication's hut has been sabotaged!

Currently sabotaged parts:

• The captain's quarters
  • The laboratory
  • the bridge
  • the communication's hut

improved part count: 0

players:

1. Illwei
  2. Matrim's Dice as Philico
  3. Gears as Roko the Basilisk in the aspect of Fourth of the Dark (hospitalized)
  4. Random Bystander
  5. Tani as Tevris Village engineer
  6. Azmine_king Village trapper
  7. Devotary of Spontaneity as 36th of the Tundra, who hopes to bring the secrets of airship travel back to their nomadic community so she can help them with future moves. Doctor (hospitalized)
  8. The Unknown Order Village engineer
  9. Experience as Zara
  10. Sart as Fourth of Legend
  11. Szeth_Pancakesvillage messenger
  12. |TJ| as Sixth of Shade
  13. Archer as First of the Red Dawn, whose defining character trait is that he is ridiculously unlucky.  the agent of the one's above
  14. Biplet
  15. Jondesu as Second of the Passing Wind, Village engineer
  16. Quintessential

Vote tally:

Experience (1): Mat
Szeth_Pancakes (3): TJ, Bip, Illwei
Random Bystander (1): Sart

@Quintessential were you in the hospital yesterday?

And there we go. A village flip. Theres not even really any way we can win this , especially with ties killing everyone

@StrikerEZ @DeTess

Even if we vote an elim, itll go down to 3/3 and then the nk will go 3/2 and we lose. With the agent gone i dont see a need to play this out

The fact that quinn still hasnt died and her thing hasnt been sabotaged??? So

I do think Exp is an elim at this point so i guess i should have left the tie if i was thinking through it at all more but i was too startled by being reminded that it ended 90 minutes early

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

And there we go. A village flip. Theres not even really any way we can win this , especially with ties killing everyone

@StrikerEZ @DeTess

Regarding this, once all avenues to victory for the village have been closed (bar any sudden inactivity in the elim team), we will end the game then and there. This point has not been reached yet though.

20 minutes ago, Illwei said:

@StrikerEZ @DeTess

To add further clarification to DeTess’s point: the wincon for the elims was written the way it was so that the Agent would have a fair shot at winning. With the Agent no longer in play, the game will end once it becomes impossible for the village to win.

56 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Even if we vote an elim, itll go down to 3/3 and then the nk will go 3/2 and we lose. With the agent gone i dont see a need to play this out

I’m confused what this means; aren’t there 8 people alive? :P.

Edit: Exp/Illwei e/e? :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
8 not 3 smh

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m confused what this means; aren’t there 8 people alive? :P.

Edit: Exp/Illwei e/e? :P.

??

Because we're theoretically at 4/4

We kill an elim and then they can tie it, taking one of us with them. It goes down to 3/3 best case scenario, with the brigger roleblocking the elims, 3/2 and an elim win without them being rbd. 

Then the next cycle the elims are outed but it doesnt matter because if the brigger outed or they hit the brigger then we lose that and go to 2/2 or 2/1 if the brigger is dead

Otherwise we tie each cycle and then...no one wins??

So the only way for is to win this is either theres a trapper left as well, or if the elim team is 3p

Edit: wait was that just- was that just an elim slip from mat? >> god idk at this point playing on mobile is awful i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy

Edit: also RIGHT BRIGGER I TAKE IT BACK PLEASE DONT CLAIM

Edited by Illwei

19 minutes ago, Illwei said:

??

Because we're theoretically at 4/4

We kill an elim and then they can tie it, taking one of us with them. It goes down to 3/3 best case scenario, with the brigger roleblocking the elims, 3/2 and an elim win without them being rbd. 

Then the next cycle the elims are outed but it doesnt matter because if the brigger outed or they hit the brigger then we lose that and go to 2/2 or 2/1 if the brigger is dead

Otherwise we tie each cycle and then...no one wins??

So the only way for is to win this is either theres a trapper left as well, or if the elim team is 3p

Edit: wait was that just- was that just an elim slip from mat? >> god idk at this point playing on mobile is awful i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy

Edit: also RIGHT BRIGGER I TAKE IT BACK PLEASE DONT CLAIM

I missed the part where you were thinking a cycle ahead :P.

"We" is me, and you seem awfully sensitive to that.

Also, the whole reason games are usually called at parity or when the elims outnumber is because the village just...can't win anymore. If im missing something from a role, let me know, but once we hit parity or less than, weve functionally lost. The rules are the way they are to give the Agent a chance, not because village still has a chance.

@Illwei, no I was actually talking about the whole game so far. There's been a few votes on Exp and I honestly don't remember why, so I don't get it cause there's no reasoning given at all. It felt similar to RandBy in the sense that both felt like CCs.

And the 'eliminate the whole village' is probably to accommodate for the Doctor mechanic too, in addition to the Agent stuff and Trapper, but pretty sure we've exhausted all that cause two village Doctors seems op. 

4 hours ago, Illwei said:

The fact that quinn still hasnt died and her thing hasnt been sabotaged??? 

Yeahh, I was thinking about this + there was no sabotage last cycle at all so donno if that was forgotten or something else

4 hours ago, Illwei said:

I do think Exp is an elim at this point so i guess i should have left the tie if i was thinking through it at all more but i was too startled by being reminded that it ended 90 minutes early

Why? As I said, I can't find any reasoning anywhere so I'm plain confused at this point. 

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

I- did everyone else forget about Saks? Elims can hit someone with a Sak and we can take it to the next cycle 3-3. Is no one requesting Saks? -.-'

Quinn

Edited by |TJ|