Interdimensional Madness

Random Bystander

This RP takes place in a world called Adirhia. The natives are humans, and the solar system is known as the Ogathan system. There are 4 planets other than Adirhia in the system (none of those have life on them). They are Teniov, Ingereth, Zoiccaro, and Seshan. Like our solar system, these planets are named after figures in old mythology.  Adirhia is a lot like earth, with atmosphere, gravity, animal life, plant life, and biomes. Adirhia is also at a similar point in technology. They aren’t identical (Earth is much larger), and Adirhia is what, for the sake of the RP, I’m terming an ‘interdimensional magnet’. This basically means that when weird accidental interdimensional anomalies occur, they are more likely to occur there. The completely native people don’t naturally have magic, but they do know what it is, as people from other worlds keep introducing them to new magic systems every couple of years. A few people do have magic, but they would be descendants of people who were not native to the world. The religions of this world are extremely diverse, as you can find religions from many, many different dimensions. Also, something about the world allows everyone to understand each other. 

Each country on Adirhia is its own continent. This is mostly because the continents are all around the size of Australia. There are currently 6 different countries, each with completely different cultures. They are Troaso, Usmye, Roglar, Pashaotho, Dren, and Askor.

Troaso

Spoiler

Troaso is a Monarchy, and the trading center of the world. Travellers can get into the country very easily, and it is generally where interdimensional travelers go to get IDs, and often to start new lives. This area is mainly a desert/savannah-y biome, but there are also a few areas where you can find temperate forests. The current monarch is King Usi Rahal. This area has an Egyptian-ish naming system.

Usmye

Spoiler

Usmye is a Democracy, and is known for its technological advancements. It is easy to get into, but you have to either sign a lot of papers, or present an ID. People who want to share inventions, or want to get into a prestigious university generally go there. This area is almost completely a grassland, but there is a small corner of it that is a taiga. The current President is President Abram Mina. This area has a Hispanic-ish naming system.

Roglar

Spoiler

Roglar is a Democratic Oligarchy, and is known for its mines. It also is the food capital of the world. It is hard to get into, and you need an ID to get in. People typically move there if they want to show their culinary skills to the world. This area is part tundra, part taiga, part grassland, and part tropical rainforest. It is also the largest of the countries, about the size of South America. There are four rulers. They are Simon Dupuy, Albert Lucroy, Roch Bardin, and Sarah Blaise. This area has a French-ish naming system.

Pashaotho

Spoiler

Pashaotho is a Military Dictatorship, and is known for its crop production. It is extremely hard to get into, and they do full background checks, as well as needing IDs and signed paperwork. People typically don’t try to get in. This area is a temperate forest/grassland mix. The current Monarch is Queen Eliza Logea. The naming system is Greek-ish.

Dren

Spoiler

Dren is a Democracy, and is known for its factory production. Clothing, furniture, technology, and pre-packaged foods are some of the common items that come out of Dren. It is the easiest country to get into, as there are no requirements for entry. People go there for many different reasons, but the most common reason is to find jobs. This area is a tundra/taiga mix. The current President is President Clara Frisk. The naming system is Sweedish-ish.

Askor

Spoiler

Askor doesn’t really have a government. It is the place thieves, mercenaries, and assassins gather. It is extremely dangerous. People avoid it like the plague. The area is a tropical rainforest, with a small grassland area. There really isn’t a specific naming system.

Every few years there is a fairly concentrated burst of interdimensional travelers. Typically, these people have never traveled interdimensionally, and the travel is caused by some natural phenomenon. (There are a few exceptions to this) They don’t all come at once, but maybe a couple on one day, another on another day, and so on, and so on.

If you want to create a character, feel free to go crazy. You could use a pre-existing character, an adaptation of a pre-existing character, or a brand new character you create. As long as the characters aren't way too overpowered, it's fine. By overpowered, I basically mean Shards of Adonalsium or (possibly) Nightblood strength powers. 

Characters:

Spoiler

@Random Bystander

Spoiler

Name: Penny Maximoff (15)

Appearance: Chin length black hair with a silver streak. Pale skin. Dark brown eyes. Tall and skinny.

Skills: Is really good with physics and technology, doesn't panic in emergencies, is really strong, has superspeed (is a X-Men style mutant), has skin that's basically bulletproof and bones that are basically unbreakable (This is because of her mutant powers. If this wasn't a thing, she'd die as soon as she used her superspeed.)

Weaknesses: Kleptomaniac, stubborn, takes nonchalance to the extreme, is really bad with history.

Personality: Has ADHD, is cheerful, optimistic, mischevious, and really exuberant. 

Backstory: Was normal (except for the kleptomania) until she manifested her mutant powers. She got transported to Adirhia not long after turning 15, where she met Panopticon. (They met 3 days before the start of the RP.) They quickly became friends, and decided to travel together.

Home World: Some version of Earth that is similar to the Marvel Universe.

Current resources: Her clothing (jeans, pink floyd t-shirt, silver leather jacket, tennis shoes, etc.), smart phone, headphones, goggles, music player, 2 packs of gum, a pair of warriors lenses she stole from Panopticon (who later found out, and then let her keep it after learning about her kleptomania after explaining what they did), a backpack, 3 water bottles, 7 Twinkies, 2 bags of potato chips, and all of Panopticon's stuff.

Name: Panopticon Smedry (14)

Appearance: Long, dark brown hair. Pale skin. Freckles. Light green eyes. Average height.

Skills: Has a Smedry Talent, is an Oculator (not a powerful one, but can use her lenses fairly well), has extensive knowledge about both Hushlander and Free Kingdomer technology, can use and/or fix a lot of the previously mentioned technology, is really resourceful, and is a good cook.

Weaknesses: Has a Smedry Talent, is quick to act and doesn't think things through (in other words, she's a Smedry), and is easily distracted.

Personality: Is cheerful, overly friendly, loyal, optimistic, and trusting.

Backstory: Was born and raised in Nalhalla, and tried her best to help fight the Librarians. She was getting ready to go to the Hushlands (with help from her cousin, Alcatraz) to help there, when she got transported to Adirhia. She met Penny not long after, and they decided to become both friends and travel companions.

Home World: Alcatraz Earth.

Smedry Talent: (That Talent I gave her seemed to boring to be a Smedry Talent, so I gave up on creating my own.) She now has Kazan's Talent of getting lost.

Current resources: Her clothing (jeans, black t-shirt, tennis shoes, blue glassweave jacket, etc.), 4 pairs of Oculatory lenses (Oculator's Lenses, Tracker's Lenses, Windstormer's Lenses, Disguiser's Lenses), a bag made of expanding glass, 3 pink teddy bear grenades, 1 blue teddy bear grenade, and all of Penny's stuff.

@Tani

Spoiler

Coming at some point. :)

@AmazingGoob

Spoiler

Name: Agarath

Appearance: 7'1'' tall man with a bald head and dark green eyes and armor created of many large metal rings that wrap all the way around him. His face and head are covered in scars but everything else seems suprisingly untouched.

Main Weapon: Massive metal mace with a leather grip and small flanges on it's round head. The metal of the handle appears to be a normal iron or perhaps steel, but the metal of the head is pitch-black.

Bio: Agarath lived in a world where extradimensional incursions were common by powerful beings and their armies, and so many people living decide to join the Warriors of the Forceful Hand, dedicated to repelling such invasions. The world itself has no magic of its own, but instead has incredibly magophobic ores that when combined can go from severely damaging to completely obliterating a magic user, depending on the strength of said magic user.

Theme Song: The Blood Swamps - The Ancient Gods Part 1

Edited by Random Bystander

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Agarath

Appearance: 7'1'' tall man with a bald head and dark green eyes and armor created of many large metal rings that wrap all the way around him. His face and head are covered in scars but everything else seems suprisingly untouched.

Main Weapon: Massive metal mace with a leather grip and small flanges on it's round head. The metal of the handle appears to be a normal iron or perhaps steel, but the metal of the head is pitch-black.

Bio: Agarath lived in a world where extradimensional incursions were common by powerful beings and their armies, and so many people living decide to join the Warriors of the Forceful Hand, dedicated to repelling such invasions. The world itself has no magic of its own, but instead has incredibly magophobic ores that when combined can go from severely damaging to completely obliterating a magic user, depending on the strength of said magic user.

Theme Song: The Blood Swamps - The Ancient Gods Part 1

If this is too OP, I'll tune it down a lot. I'm just not sure of the power level here, especially with a lot of mixing magic systems.

Edited by AmazingGoob

Character: (still working on her, but here's what I've got so far.) @Random Bystander

Spoiler

Name: Parity Zikiil

Appearance: Tall, very short brown hair, bright green eyes. Wears dull clothing and a brown wool cloak.

Skills: Quarterstaff, sling, tracking, shadowing, survival, naturalist (woodlands), falconry, climbing

Advantages: Combat reflexes, absolute direction (may add more later)

Disadvantages: Post-combat shakes, light sleeper

Personality: Trusts those she travels with, is sometimes silly but isn’t when seriousness is needed. She’ll never back down from a fight, but won’t seek them out either. Cautious, quiet

Backstory: GURPS tech level 3 (The Middle Ages (or part of it anyway). feudal system, no boats yet iirc, yes crossbows) orphan. Lived in woods with older person at first, then by own lonesome. Loved climbing things, often raided birds' nests for food. Once found hatchlings and decided she liked them, so took them back down with her (she was around six at the time.) Learned sling for hunting squirrels and other small animals. Learned quarterstaff from older person because older person said so.

Home World: Xxojzil

Current resources: Clothes (cloth shirt, cloth trousers, good leather boots), quarterstaff, sling, a couple skinning knives

Edited by Tani

Okay people! I'm gonna say that my characters start in Troaso, but feel free to have your characters start somewhere else.

Also, thanks Tani. I really didn't want to double post.

Penny and Panopticon were sitting at a fire, relaxing. "We're going to need to find a new food supply. We're almost out of the Twinkies and Chips." Said Penny.

Popi (Penny's nickname for Panopticon), nodded. "Well, if all else fails, we could try to get lost..." Said Popi.

Agarath was, in it's purest definition, in the thick of it.

Around him, the world burned, people died, and hordes of horrid monsters are cut down as they swarm to the front lines. Agarath ignored this all- he had his focus on one thing: the General. His many rotating arms held fire, lightning, and ice which he regularly threw, with his insectoid head cackling all the while.

Agarath swung his great mace, practically vaporizing anything that stood in his way as he carved a path towards his target. Any attacks leveled at him bounced off, leaving nothing but a small scratch each time.

Finally, he reached the monstrosity before him, and as he raised his mace and began his battle cry, everything disappeared.

He stopped, and as his veins still ran with adrenaline, he swung around, angered at whatever trickery his enemy had thrown towards him. But yet... there was no enemy here. The battle was gone, the burning was gone, and the death was gone. Where was he?

I cannot choose where I want to plop him down, so I'm going to let you decide.

32 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Agarath was, in it's purest definition, in the thick of it.

Around him, the world burned, people died, and hordes of horrid monsters are cut down as they swarm to the front lines. Agarath ignored this all- he had his focus on one thing: the General. His many rotating arms held fire, lightning, and ice which he regularly threw, with his insectoid head cackling all the while.

Agarath swung his great mace, practically vaporizing anything that stood in his way as he carved a path towards his target. Any attacks leveled at him bounced off, leaving nothing but a small scratch each time.

Finally, he reached the monstrosity before him, and as he raised his mace and began his battle cry, everything disappeared.

He stopped, and as his veins still ran with adrenaline, he swung around, angered at whatever trickery his enemy had thrown towards him. But yet... there was no enemy here. The battle was gone, the burning was gone, and the death was gone. Where was he?

As it will make things easier, let's just go with Troaso. I mean, each country is it's own continent. Your character can find my characters right away if you want.

Also, if anyone wants any more info on the world, just ask. The info I gave is extremely simplified.

Penny and Pani had fallen asleep. They were both sleeping by the still warm fire, even though it had gone out.

Parity Zikiil walked through the unfamiliar, treeless landscape. She had never been outside any forests before and was unsure how to survive in this realm of sun and tawny grass. The trees she does see are sparse and scrawny compared to the monsters of her homeland.

Parity does come from a different planet, just not sure which.

I won't show any powers until she has a home.

Does the planet have to come from a published work or can I make it up?

Edited by Tani

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Parity Zikiil walked through the unfamiliar, treeless landscape. She had never been outside any forests before and was unsure how to survive in this realm of sun and tawny grass. The trees she does see are sparse and scrawny compared to the monsters of her homeland.

I mean, I made mine up. Is it okay if our characters appeared close to each other as some sort of locational rift?

17 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Penny and Pani had fallen asleep. They were both sleeping by the still warm fire, even though it had gone out.

The night air was cold on his skin, a look of alarm on his face. He was supposed to be protected from teleportation! Had his enemy found a way to bypass it? He couldn't see how- he had already killed three of those Generals before, and they used the same techniques. Perhaps there was a more powerful magic user nearby who had cast him to this empty plain? But how could such a user hide from their many detectors? No, this didn't seem to be the work of the enemy. But who else could it be?"
It was no matter now, however. He just needed to return to his order and the War now. First order of business, then, is to see if civilization was nearby.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

You can make it up.

Penny snored loudly. She then rolled over.

3 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

I mean, I made mine up. Is it okay if our characters appeared close to each other as some sort of locational rift?

Sure!

There was another person relatively close, but not within shouting distance of Parity. She started running towards them.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

There was another person relatively close, but not within shouting distance of Parity. She started running towards them.

Agarath had unfortunately left his pack full of supplies back at camp, including food, first aid, a compass and other utilities. Luckily, however, binoculars are handy on a battlefield and he had kept a pair on him, which he pulls out and begins to scan the horizon with. Immediately, however, he saw a figure running towards him. It appeared to be a girl, though any further features were impossible to see. He lowered.his binoculars- she seemed harmless, but it was better to be safe especially in unknown territory. "STOP!" He bellowed. "Please identify yourself before coming any closer!"

6 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Agarath had unfortunately left his pack full of supplies back at camp, including food, first aid, a compass and other utilities. Luckily, however, binoculars are handy on a battlefield and he had kept a pair on him, which he pulls out and begins to scan the horizon with. Immediately, however, he saw a figure running towards him. It appeared to be a girl, though any further features were impossible to see. He lowered.his binoculars- she seemed harmless, but it was better to be safe especially in unknown territory. "STOP!" He bellowed. "Please identify yourself before coming any closer!"

She visibly has knives, a quarterstaff, and a sling and rocks.

Parity slows to a walk and yells "what?" She knows he yelled something, but can't tell what. She's not yet within hearing range.

14 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

7 hours ago, Tani said:

Parity slows to a walk and yells "what?" She knows he yelled something, but can't tell what. She's not yet within hearing range.

Pani woke up. "Huh? Whahapnd? Who died?" She yelped, waking Penny up too. Penny moaned.

"Nooooooo. I want to sleep. You suck." Penny said grumpily. Pani rolled her eyes, got up, and looked around.

"Uh... There are people." Pani said.

"What?!" Said Penny, who got up as quickly as she could.

There were more people. They rose from where they'd lain as Parity watched.

Suddenly it dawned on her how bad of a situation she'd gotten herself into. There was an unknown number of possibly-enemies here and she knew nothing about this place.

She stopped walking and pulled out her sling, wary. "Who are you?" she called.

15 hours ago, Tani said:

Well if we're as far away as you're implying, Agarath probably couldn't make them out- except maybe the quarterstaff.
By the way, is your character magical in any way?

Oh, the girl probably couldn't hear him from this distance. Should he approach? Again, he couldn't know if this girl was an illusion or some sort of shapeshifter meant to lure him into a false sense of security... but they could be a native and could help tell him where in the world he was. He begins to walk towards her.

54 minutes ago, Tani said:

Parity pulls a stone out of her pouch and settles it in her sling, ready to fling it at any sign of trouble.

Once he gets within earshot, he yells again: "Please, put the weapon down and identify yourself!"

I'd like to join. Does this work:

Spoiler

Name: Agoth Nathin

Magic: He's what's called a Blinker in his world. He can teleport himself as well as anything that is 50% greater than his own weight. That means he can teleport himself and bring anything that adds up to half as heavy as he is, or he can teleport something that adds up to 50% times his weight. Stuff he teleports keeps its velocity. 

Appearance: A little geeky with glasses and a lightweight and breathable suit. He has scruffy blond hair and light blue eyes.

Backstory: He lived a fairly normal life until he turned ten. During the summer after his birthday, Agoth unconsciously Blinked out of the way of vicious Bilehound (like a dog, but with feathers and four wings instead of its front legs). When the government of his country heard of this, they sent for Agoth and he was trained to be a Blinker. He became skilled with a variety of firearms and weapon made for Blinkers called a Coordinate Locker, or a Cord-Lock for short. On the exact same date as when he first Blinked, Agoth switched universes. When he switched, he only had a Cord-lock, a BlinkBlade, which had two sides, one serrated and curved, the other straight and long, and his Blinker's suit.

7 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Once he gets within earshot, he yells again: "Please, put the weapon down and identify yourself!"

"You first."

6 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"What's going on? Pani whispered to Penny.

"I don't know. I'll go check." Penny whispered back.

Penny then used her super speed to run over to the girl. "Hi. Who're you?"

Parity, startled, swings her loaded sling at the girl.

Makes total sense for her to do this. She's on her guard and you just went right up to her without letting her know if she's safe.

Just cuz she's tryna hurt you doesn't mean she hates you or won't team up with you. Just means she currently isn't sure what to expect and so expects the worst.