Odium's champion poll

Szeth_Pancakes

Which Odium's Champion theory do you subscribe to?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these people do you think will be Odium's Champion?

• El
    • Gavilar
    • Gavinor / other "child champions"
    • Shallan
    • Taravangian
    • Navani
    • Adolin
    • Other
    • Moash
    • Szeth
    • None

14 hours ago, Frustration said:

El is the only person who makes sense, they are the only one to receive any foreshadowing in being the champion.

I suppose, if one ignores the Way of Kings prologue, the Words of Radiance prologue, the Oathbringer prologue, Dalinar's entire flashback arc in Oathbringer, the Rhythm of War prologue, and the Venli/Eshonai flashback arc in Rhythm of War... then I guess this is correct.  Even better: just ignore the first 3 novels, and only read the last 300 pages of RoW; then it's clearly true.  LOL

Just now, AquaRegia said:

I suppose, if one ignores the Way of Kings prologue, the Words of Radiance prologue, the Oathbringer prologue, Dalinar's entire flashback arc in Oathbringer, the Rhythm of War prologue, and the Venli/Eshonai flashback arc in Rhythm of War... then I guess this is correct.  Even better: just ignore the first 3 novels, and only read the last 300 pages of RoW; then it's clearly true.  LOL

ah yes the prolouges that show him dying four different times.

Wonderful foreshadowing for a return

I very much doubt that it would be Gavilar. The nice thing about the Cosmere is that you can resurrect characters by either not having them die in the first place because of magical healing (Jasnah), or invest them right after they die like the fused, or a certain Mistborn character who will remain unnamed. However, once they are in the beyond, they are kind of untouchable. We haven't seen Gavilar walking around as a cognitive shadow anywhere, and I am pretty sure that Odium didn't invest him to Braize, so I think he is irretrievable and in the beyond.

It would be interesting from a story point of view. Brother v Brother and whatnot. It would be awesome, I just don't see it happening.

21 minutes ago, Mage said:

I very much doubt that it would be Gavilar. The nice thing about the Cosmere is that you can resurrect characters by either not having them die in the first place because of magical healing (Jasnah), or invest them right after they die like the fused, or a certain Mistborn character who will remain unnamed. However, once they are in the beyond, they are kind of untouchable. We haven't seen Gavilar walking around as a cognitive shadow anywhere, and I am pretty sure that Odium didn't invest him to Braize, so I think he is irretrievable and in the beyond.

It would be interesting from a story point of view. Brother v Brother and whatnot. It would be awesome, I just don't see it happening.

If you need convincing that Gavilar is coming back, just hop over to the Gavilar Theory thread. They explain it much better than I do.

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

If you need convincing that Gavilar is coming back, just hop over to the Gavilar Theory thread. They explain it much better than I do.

Alright. You've convinced me. If I could I would change my vote to Gavilar, though Moash--my original vote--is still in second place for me.