GoWibble

Raysium and later metals

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ROW

Spoiler

Do we know anything about Taravangian as Odium continuing to make a God metal as Odium is no longer Rayse? Specically, would a new Vessel make a different metal, unique from the original, or should it properly be named after the new Vessel?

Taravangianium? Varium? (From Androtagia's "Vargo")

Edited by GoWibble
Row spoilers

Posted (edited)

Any metal he makes will be his metal and named after him.

For the time being his metal will have the same properties as Raysium(conducting investiture) though the properties could change in the future as the Shard has a new Vessel.

i imagine just because its been the natural state of things for so long and because of how long Rayse held the Shard, itll probably be a while before the metal he makes starts to shift in properties

Edited by Eternal Khol

I would assume that in-world for now most people would just continue to call it Raysium, mostly because I don't think many characters have actually made the connection between Vessel name = God metal name, and iirc I don't even think most would know it's a God metal. That being said, scholars and silverlight residents might start calling it something else, I think.

@GoWibble you might also want to put that into a spoiler box

Posted (edited)

This should also really go in one of the RoW boards since it's not really a Coppermind topic...

Anyhow, WoB time: We know that the existing godmetal supply does not change properties when the Vessel changes and we have an indirect WoB which states that the new Vessel's associated godmetal would have the same properties at first but they might change over time. From the example of Harmony we know that a new Vessel can reproduce the 'original' godmetals but that they'll naturally produce their own. Harmony's kind of a special case though so it's not clear if, in the event that 'Taravangium' did develop different properties from Raysium over time, the new Vessel could choose to create the metal with the properties of the former Vessel.

Edited by Weltall

41 minutes ago, Weltall said:

This should also really go in one of the RoW boards since it's not really a Coppermind topic...

Anyhow, WoB time: We know that the existing godmetal supply does not change properties when the Vessel changes and we have an indirect WoB which states that the new Vessel's associated godmetal would have the same properties at first but they might change over time. From the example of Harmony we know that a new Vessel can reproduce the 'original' godmetals but that they'll naturally produce their own. Harmony's kind of a special case though so it's not clear if, in the event that 'Taravangium' did develop different properties from Raysium over time, the new Vessel could choose to create the metal with the properties of the former Vessel.

This is very helpful, thank you

I was going to post a topic that was pertinent to Coppermind, but I shifted the subject to this because it was the root of my question

I will move this to the RoW board. For the purpose of the Coppermind, I think we should use raysium until told otherwise.