JordanCon 2021, July 16-18 2021

Pagerunner

JordanCon will be happening this year, and according to the FAQ Brandon will be in attendance. https://www.jordancon.org/jcon2021faq/

However, attendance will be capped at 500 people, and those slots are being offered on a rolling schedule to those who have already purchased tickets (I believe for the 2020 event, before it was cancelled). If there are not 500 people from that pool who choose to attend it in-person this year, registrations will be opened up to the public, at some point after May 22nd.

The FAQ says that there are no ways to transfer existing memberships, so if you're in my boat (wasn't going to attend 2020, would like to attend 2021), then all we can do is wait and see.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:20 PM, Pagerunner said:

Watch there be only one ticket available, and they make you and me do a WoB-off for it.

4 hours ago, Argent said:

At least the fans will get to enjoy a good dweeb show

I beg of you

Make. This. Happen.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone going the Jordancon 2021, are people planning to do some sort of smaller social gathering there?  Maybe to discuss more Brandon/cosmere stuff?  I've never gone before and wasn't sure if people from the site got together or anything (I'll also be going with two friends who I record fantasy/sci-fi book podcasts with).  Obviously, this year will be different, but I was wondering what people typical do as far as socializing goes.

Edited by Stormrunner1730

Registrations for scrubs like me open up on noon eastern on the 29th (so next Saturday). I don't see on the website how many are remaining, so I'm planning on playing the old F5 game.

On 5/13/2021 at 3:13 PM, Stormrunner1730 said:

For anyone going the Jordancon 2021, are people planning to do some sort of smaller social gathering there?  Maybe to discuss more Brandon/cosmere stuff?  I've never gone before and wasn't sure if people from the site got together or anything (I'll also be going with two friends who I record fantasy/sci-fi book podcasts with).  Obviously, this year will be different, but I was wondering what people typical do as far as socializing goes.

Last time I went, we didn't do anything formal, but those of us from the Shard were basically going to the same panels, and then we all kind of hung out in the game hall or the lobby. I'm planning to bring Mistborn: House War and Call to Adventure: Stormlight, and maybe some RPG books so I have an excuse to bring along the fancy new metal dice, so you'll probably be able to find me with the board games, at least.

4 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

Registrations for scrubs like me open up on noon eastern on the 29th (so next Saturday). I don't see on the website how many are remaining, so I'm planning on playing the old F5 game.

What’s the average amount of tickets on a regular year?

On 5/21/2021 at 7:46 AM, Pagerunner said:

Same, same. I heard some stuff that suggests that most of the 500 slots aren't claimed, but I am not going to let that make me lazy.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:46 AM, Pagerunner said:

Last time I went, we didn't do anything formal, but those of us from the Shard were basically going to the same panels, and then we all kind of hung out in the game hall or the lobby. I'm planning to bring Mistborn: House War and Call to Adventure: Stormlight, and maybe some RPG books so I have an excuse to bring along the fancy new metal dice, so you'll probably be able to find me with the board games, at least.

That sounds really cool!  Excuses to use new dice are always fun haha.  I would definitely want to meetup with people from the site if possible.  

20 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

What days does the convention take place on? How much do tickets usually cost? Can I pay to come on only one day? And will Brandon be there all three days, or only some?

Because I’m going to be in Florida, which means I’ll be close enough to drive to Georgia!

The JordanCon website will offer you more comprehensive answers, but in a nutshell:

• July 16-18
  • Membership prices for this year are not known (to me), but in the past they've been around $50
  • We don't know anything about Brandon's schedule, but in previous cons he's stayed all three days

On 5/24/2021 at 0:08 AM, Argent said:

The JordanCon website will offer you more comprehensive answers, but in a nutshell:

• July 16-18
  • Membership prices for this year are not known (to me), but in the past they've been around $50
  • We don't know anything about Brandon's schedule, but in previous cons he's stayed all three days

Thanks so much! Here’s hoping I can buy a ticket after Shabbos!

@Argent Sorry to bother you, but I realized I don’t know how to buy tickets? Also, do I need a separate ticket for my husband?

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Registration is up. There are 119 available as of right now (12:17 eastern) before they hit their cap of 500 attendees.

https://www.jordancon.org/product/three-day-membership-2021/

Edit: 99 left as of 12:29.

Edit: 88 left as of 12:47.

Edit: 77 left as of 01:35. I promise, I'm not trying to get all these doubles; I'm just refreshing at what are apparently the perfect times.

Edit: 66 left as of 03:37. The bizarre coincidence continues.

Edit: 53 left as of 10:40. The curse has been broken! (Close one, though.)

Edited by Pagerunner

20 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

Registration is up. There are 119 available as of right now (12:17 eastern) before they hit their cap of 500 attendees.

https://www.jordancon.org/product/three-day-membership-2021/

Edit: 99 left as of 12:29.

Edit: 88 left as of 12:47.

Edit: 77 left as of 01:35. I promise, I'm not trying to get all these doubles; I'm just refreshing at what are apparently the perfect times.

Edit: 66 left as of 03:37. The bizarre coincidence continues.

Edit: 53 left as of 10:40. The curse has been broken! (Close one, though.)

I just ordered for me and my husband!

I will, of course, be there! (I'm always there.) And, as usual, I will have my little stash of 17th Shard badge ribbons to hand out to any Sharders wandering about.

I should be easy to find - just spend some time in the Sandertrack room and you're bound to spot me on a panel sooner or later. Planned hair color is purple, or a pink-to-purple ombre.

Also, to everyone who is going, I'm going to shamelessly plug myself for a moment: be sure and grab yourself a copy of the JordanCon anthology! My very first published story "Urban Planning" lurks inside awaiting the eager eyeballs of readers. Reeeeeeaaaaaad.

On 5/21/2021 at 0:50 PM, Bejardin1250 said:

What’s the average amount of tickets on a regular year?

Kaymyth knows better, but I think they were breaking 1000 the last couple years. Various Covid-related issues obviously keeping attendance a lot lower this year.

On 5/23/2021 at 11:47 PM, Stormrunner1730 said:

That sounds really cool!  Excuses to use new dice are always fun haha.  I would definitely want to meetup with people from the site if possible.  

Going to make it? I'm sure we'll definitely have an informal get-together of some kind.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:51 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I just ordered for me and my husband!

Which day? (Guessing you were trying to avoid Saturday?) Or did you just decide on the full weekend?

3 minutes ago, Jofwu said:

Kaymyth knows better, but I think they were breaking 1000 the last couple years. Various Covid-related issues obviously keeping attendance a lot lower this year.

They haven't quite gotten that far. Up until the pandemic hit, it'd been a steady increase year-to-year. 2019 had around 900 people.

1,000 is their current venue's maximum, I think, hence this year's cap of 500. They're doing their very best to make this as safe as possible - half capacity, limited events, and a vaccination requirement for attendees.

12 minutes ago, Jofwu said:

Going to make it? I'm sure we'll definitely have an informal get-together of some kind.

Which day? (Guessing you were trying to avoid Saturday?) Or did you just decide on the full weekend?

I didn’t get to pick a day? I just clicked on the link which was for a 65$ ‘membership’. I think it’s for all three days. It didn’t say otherwise. Edit: I checked; it is for all three days.

We also reserved hotel rooms in the hotel, so if we can stay all weekend (Ie. If my parents can watch our kids) I can go to the Convention on Saturday so long as it doesn’t involve any electronics or writing or similar. Although one of us will have to stay in the hotel room to let the other in, lol!

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

21 hours ago, Jofwu said:

Yeah I'll be there all three days!  I'm excited for the panels and official content, but am looking forward to meeting people from the community in an informal context even more.  I've been listening to fan podcasts (Shardcast, The Legendarium and Inking Out Loud in particular) for years (as well as recording my own with my friend), so I'm super excited to meet people from the community in-person.  

• 1 month later...

JordanCon schedule is up. I made an easily digestible version at the bottom of the post.

It's certainly more sparse than last time I was there (in 2018, where each track had a full slate of programming in every timeslot), and there's nothing on there officially that Brandon's scheduled for. So maybe we'll see some more additions to this; I'd be very surprised if a RAFOlympics doesn't manage to sneak in there, oh, say Saturday at 5:30. I'll have my recorder, for sure.

None of the panels look all that enticing to me, so I'm probably going to set up shop in the game hall for a good chunk of it. I'm planning on bring House War and its expansion, Call to Adventure: Stormlight, and the Mistborn RPG and all the fancy new dice that Crafty put out last year (metal and acryllic). I've got an idea for an RPG adventure; maybe I'll spread it across three days.

60e1235be9396_JordanConSchedule.thumb.JPG.ba102c9e538d2bf2c165ec3f528a3875.JPG

Edited by Pagerunner
EDIT: A day may come when the code of the forums fails, when it forsakes Pagerunner's attachment and doesn't upload the image, but... well, it is this day.

19 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Thanks! How does this usually work? Also, can I ask Brandon to sign books, or would that be rude?

Word on the street is that Brandon will do... a few signings? from the Dragonsteel booth. Not sure when that will be, but I'm sure it will be made clear enough sooner or later.

Outside of those opportunities... If I saw him just casually hanging out then I wouldn't hesitate to walk up and ask... But I think it's likely that he'll be busy every moment that he's in public. :D

So... might be able to spot him in a moment that doesn't feel rude, but otherwise I'd just ask when those signings will be when you get there! (if they aren't announced ahead of time)