Little Cosmere connection

RoW 76:

“Voidlight and Stormlight,” Navani said. “The voices of gods.” Or perhaps something older than that. The reason the beings called gods spoke the way they did.

HoA 76:

Vin, Ruin spoke. His voice was not that of Reen, but instead something more . . . guttural. It was a vibration that washed across her, like an Allomantic pulse.

5 hours ago, Parzival said:

And a seeker misting or mistborn could hear listeners rhythms I believe there's a WoB on it, so I think allomantic rhythm's work on a similar principle to the listener's rhythms

Rest assured, LTT’s already familiar with it.  Dude has WoB chops.

21 hours ago, mathiau said:

What?

I found this WoB... (by the way you better appreciate this cuz I dunno how to quote them and I only had a screenshot of it so I had to type it all out on my phone lol)

Kalanit Taub: when Jasnah picks up the bead for the palace, is that the same bead Shallan picks up in oathbringer?

Branderson: Yeah.

Kalanit Taub: Is that a coincidence or something else...?

Branderson: So, whenever things like that happen you can assume there's little bits of Connection going on that's changing the probability a little bit. You're not meant to read much into it, but the probability is increased because of things like that.

And you'll find, if you look really closely, there are connections between the characters that are really subtle that I'm doing, that anyone who's touching the Spiritual realm or things like that. For instance, in the second book, Syl turns into Shallan while Shallan is washed up on the beach while Syl is talking to Kaladin somewhere else. There's enough connection going on that you see Syl change shapes and Kal's like, "It looks like she's walking on a beach!" 

It's just Syl..  because through all of that, is turning into... you'll find things like that <happening> all through the books, really subtle, really small. There's just meant to be, one of the things in the Cosmere is Connection. Your Connection to people, Connection to things, places, influences probability a little bit.

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, IAmTheStick said:

When I read the title, I thought it would be about that WoB where he points out the little Connections (Syl looking like Shallan on the beach, Jasnah and Shallan picking up the same palace bead)

On 4/24/2021 at 1:22 PM, mathiau said:

What?

What?

I found the scene with Syl turning into Shallan! It’s subtle, very subtle…

“Syl landed on the side of the pool, looking like a woman standing on an ocean’s shore. Kaladin frowned, leaning down to inspect her more closely. She seemed . . . different. Had her face changed shape?
“There are others like you,” Syl whispered. “I do not know them, but I know that other spren are trying, in their own way, to reclaim what was lost.”
She looked to him, and her face now had its familiar form. The fleeting change had been so subtle, Kaladin wasn’t sure if he’d imagined it.”

Excerpt From
Words of Radiance