I have no clever title

vonnegut

Hi.  I'm vonne.  Um, talking in front of so many people makes me nervous.  *clears throat*

Been into Cosmere for about 7 years now.  Started on Way of Kings and Words of Radiance at the recommendation of my most amazing friend.  Loved it.  Looked for other books and found Elantris.  Thought, "wait... is there something going on with this Hoid guy?"  Googled.  Found out about Cosmere and the connections between worlds.  Lost my entire mind.  Did Mistborn Era 1 next.  Then Warbreaker.  Then Arcanum.  Then Misborn Era 2 (always kicking myself for doing that after "Secret History" because the ending of book 3 would have hit much harder if I hadn't known).  So I've done all Cosmere (with multiple re-reads because that's what I am) except for the unpublished works, and I've only done the first White Sand graphic novel.  I need to buy the White Sand (I checked the first one out from the library).  But for some reason it's easier right now just to re-read all Stormlight novels and novellas, and gaze at the progress bar for Wax and Wayne 4.  (we're at 3% right now, y'all, THIS IS EXCITING).

So, Cosmere for 7 years, found Coppermind at about the same time, finally got on reddit last fall when the aforementioned amazing friend was taking too long to read Rhythm of War and I NEEDED TO TALK ABOUT IT.  Then found this place.  Hi, I apparently don't internet well enough.   Got here because I was reading this old Isaac Stewart AMA and a thread was linked in it where people were translating the dawnchant around the oathgates and I realized that this is content I need.  

Um, what else.  I'm 37.  She/her, despite that for some reason everyone on the internet thinks I'm a guy, I'm not.  Married with two kids.  I get paid to talk about history all day, which is pretty frickin sweet.  I'm in the US, specifically Virginia.  So yes I'm southern but I promise I'm not awful.  I identify as an Elsecaller.  I fangirl for Hoid to a very embarrassing extent.  Runners up being Jasnah, Nightblood, Wayne, Szeth, and Vasher.  The thing I like most about BranSan is the progress bars on his website, having been burned too hard by GRRM and Pat Rothfuss.  

Hi.  I'm vonne.  

Edited by vonnegut

2 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Welcome to the Shard!!! 
What’s your favorite Non-Cosmere book?

Oof, that's a hard one.
Dark Tower series, Catch-22, Sandman by Neil Gaiman.  I would also say Kingkiller except I'm too angry to discuss those books.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!  :) 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Shard, Vonne, we're very glad to have you! What's your favorite Hoid appearance? 

2 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

Favorite Hoid appearance-- well technically that would be a spoiler until RoW discussion opens up.  But, second favorite after that, would be him [spoilers for Mistborn Secret History, and Oathbringer]:

Spoiler

beating the crap out of Kelsier's ghost.  That will never fail to completely crack me up.  

Third runner up would be him and Shallan doing "Girl Who Looked Up."  I adore everything about his dynamic with Shallan.

Least favorite character?  
Don't hate me, but-- Dalinar.  I'm just always rolling my eyes at him.  He's very much not my type.
And of course there's Moash, but I enjoy hating him so thoroughly, I couldn't even call him "least favorite."