Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

On 4/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, Araris Valerian said:

But if everyone abstains because they don't have strong reads, then how do we get strong reads to base votes off of in the first place? (This doesn't quite hold, since several people have voted, but the general point still stands, I believe).

Id say "by talking" if i didnt agree :P. Devo does the same thing though, so- :P. 

On 4/28/2021 at 10:47 AM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Pft-

(If you want reasoning, Dannex, just backread)

You seem to have experience, but you say not SE. If you have, what else have you done? 

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Ummmm...

Among Us

Ah. I see :P. 

I meant it seemed like specifically forum mafia experience, so thats interesting :P. 

Ignore my double post. Ill fix it later >>

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Illwei hasn't, but others have. I think it was probably Araris, but I can't remember at the moment.

Araris was just Stabbing Danex, my vote has nothing to do with that :P. 

Just now, Illwei said:

Ah. I see :P. 

I meant it seemed like specifically forum mafia experience, so thats interesting :P. 

Ignore my double post. Ill fix it later >>

Oh, no, I don't have any forum mafia experience. Some of the skills from being a good amogus player can carry over, though.

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Illwei hasn't, but others have. I think it was probably Araris, but I can't remember at the moment.

Well yeah, but i was asking for specifically illwei’s reasoning 

Of which there is none

6 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

No, I know. But later, someone else had some meta reasoning about why Dannex is a good person to Stab. Can't remember who, though

The point was not that hes a good person to Stab, but that hes an easy target because of his erratic playstyle- something i havent seen much of right now.

Meta reasoning go brrr

I have two theories:

1. Illwei wants to see how people will react to their vote on Dannex. If that's the case, here ya go Illwei :P

2. Illwei think Dannex is playing a tighter game than usual and finds that suspicious. 

Either way, if you can't find anything to back up meta reasoning, it's probably not worth pursuing. Gut reads should lead to arguments; if you can't justify your vote, it's suspicious. 

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

The point was not that hes a good person to Stab, but that hes an easy target because of his erratic playstyle- something i havent seen much of right now.

Meta reasoning go brrr

Huh
my playstyle isn’t erratic
and if it was, that doesn’t even make sense

Erratic. Adj. Definition:
Unpredicatable

By definition, an erratic playstyle is unpredictable. So if I’m acting predictably unpredictable, by definition it isn’t unpredictable.

Also where’s my soup

2 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Also where’s my soup

Yeah erratic wasnt the word i qas looking for. I was in a rush :P. Mmm eccentric? Ill stick with controversial or Based i guess :P. 

Also sorry, the kitchen is a bit slow right now, it will be out shortly.

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

if you can't justify your vote, it's suspicious. 

Yes and no. 

And being suspicious != being an Elim :P. You can look for any game for proof of that :P. 

Okay so current VC in case anyone was curious:

Dannex (2): Araris, Illwei
Randby (1): Ash
Jondesu (1): Matrim
Araris (1): Quinn
Quinn (1): Szeth
Illwei (1): Dannex
Szeth (1): Azmine

Please yell at me if I've missed someone's vote--given the amount of attention I've been paying to this game (not a lot) I would not be surprised if I have. (and yes, for those of you who are new to playing with me, this is what me not paying attention to a game looks like :P).

Also @Araris Valerian what do you mean I'm "complicated"??? :P 

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Okay so current VC in case anyone was curious:

Dannex (2): Araris, Illwei
Randby (1): Ash
Jondesu (1): Matrim
Araris (1): Quinn
Quinn (1): Szeth
Illwei (1): Dannex
Szeth (1): Azmine

Please yell at me if I've missed someone's vote--given the amount of attention I've been paying to this game (not a lot) I would not be surprised if I have. (and yes, for those of you who are new to playing with me, this is what me not paying attention to a game looks like :P).

Also @Araris Valerian what do you mean I'm "complicated"??? :P 

Archer is on me as well

2 hours ago, Azmine_king said:

Araris seems to be the most agreed upon so far

2 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Ok, I’ve read through the thread, and Araris is the one who currently feels most suspicious. I think that we’re far from any sort of proof, though, so I’ll wait a bit before voting.

1 hour ago, Dannex said:

I guess I’m ever so slightly suspicious of Araris, but 1. I’m obviously biased and 2. I guess I can see how that’s not necessarily AI for araris, but it does seem like a weird hill for him to have chosen to die on. 

+Ash I think too but I forgot to quote

Anyway- lotta people jumping on this. I'm leaning towards Illwei's statement that there's a whole lot of attention here really fast and that probably means Araris is village :P. I still don't understand how his first post was any different from any of his first posts ever but idk

Also not a fan of the Dannex train. I see no basis and they die early a lot. Meta reasoning isn't the best idea in this case I think :P. But I also don't like Dannex's retaliation vote, so that's a fun little circle.

1 hour ago, Azmine_king said:

I like seeing posted vote counts because it shows the progression of votes throughout the day, without them it's a lot harder to analyze vote patterns. This early it doesn't matter much because none of these votes really have much reasoning. So I guess Szeth

Did you say reasoning? I was thinking that I didn't like Szeth right now, but rereading I just don't like this:

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Pft-

(If you want reasoning, Dannex, just backread)

Because there is pretty much zero reasoning. But everything else they've said seems fine to me.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

But I also don't like Dannex's retaliation vote, so that's a fun little circle.

Not a retaliation vote, a “you should tell me your reasoning” vote

but I guess there just isn’t any, so it’s not really doing anything. Illwei

52 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

First off, she is the most vocal about Araris being elim. This wouldn't be suspicious, but it feels like she's trying to cover it up using "lol" :P and slightly self-deprecating jokes. If this is typical for Quinn, please tell me (this is my first game of SE), but it seems odd.

I'd say this is relatively quintessential standard for Quinn... but I'm generally terrible at reading people and the intents behind them.

You know, this is a tad risky, but I'm going to see if I can summarize people :P if anyone would like something added to the record... uh... yell at me.

• Matrim's Dice: Mat's a bit of a jack of all trades. Relatively active, good with PMs, RP's some but not a lot, essentially a standard player. I guess the main attribute is that Mat's usually less serious than most, consistently. 
  • Gears: Relatively active, a strong analyzer, habitually analyzes the rules and the prior posts of the game. RP's some with consistency. Good with PMs, usually does a few long ones. Definitely not an AI.
  • Azmine_King: No data (a new player, although seems to have experience with the Mafia). Friend of Illwei. 
  • Illwei: Very active to relatively active (former Most Active Player), probably the most skilled/dangerous player in PMs as she will get role claims from a LOT of people. Doesn't RP much. Tends to end up in the Thunderdome with Quinn/Araris/others (where the most active players find ways to be suspicious of each other quite constantly). Not very serious except about roleclaims. Trusts Mat a lot. To date, unkillable by execution ties, particularly if tied with me...
  • Archer: Medium activity, but likes to post in large blocks. A good analyzer and good at making connections. Serious about analysis but not too serious about much else. Also likes PMs a lot (and draws them in like a magnet). A former Old Guard of the Alleyverse.
  • Quintessential: Our current Most Active Player, usually. Posts a lot of short posts and keeps up with the thread best, and is also very skilled/dangerous with PMs at getting role claims / trusts. Tends to end up in the Thunderdome. Nicknamed a lot.
  • Random Bystander: Medium-low activity but relatively high energy, somewhat active in PMs.
  • Szeth_Pancakes: No data (a new player, although seems to have experience with the Mafia). Sojourner of the Longest Thread.
  • Dannex: Medium activity, will RP, tries to solve things logically. Has an incredible aptitude for getting voted out D1 for doing absolutely nothing.
  • Jondesu: A returning player, medium-low activity but if they scare Araris, they scare me.
  • Ashbringer: Yours truly, designated RPer, gambit designer, kandra, relatively active and cursed to almost never get fun roles after playing my first game as a pseudo-SK.
  • Araris Valerian: The oldest player in this game (unless Jondesu's older, but Araris has been around for years). Relatively active, the *Best Analyzer*, doesn't like players roleclaiming in PMs. Has a habit of voting out Elim teammates (bussing). Best person to ask for advice but also is very rarely trusted. Signature is very true.
  • vonnegut: No data (a new player).
  • PizzaPower55: A relatively new, low activity player. Don't think they've been Elim yet but I'm not sure.
  • Flyingbooks: Low activity player but tends to be slippery.

And now we play the "how many posts have I missed" game!

11 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Dannex: Medium activity, will RP, tries to solve things logically. Has an incredible aptitude for getting voted out D1 for doing absolutely nothing.

Spoiler

CEE8D24C-D551-43E8-89E0-D686660C8579.jpeg.06b0a3712fb38e861a064279a825ce70.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:
  • Quintessential: Our current Most Active Player, usually. Posts a lot of short posts and keeps up with the thread best, and is also very skilled/dangerous with PMs at getting role claims / trusts. Tends to end up in the Thunderdome. Nicknamed a lot.

Ignore the bit about me and PMs--I did the PM spidering thing once, tried to do it a couple more times, and honestly it's exhausting. If you PM me this game, I'll respond, but don't expect me to start PMs with you, and I'm not roleclaiming, period. Not after what happened in LG74. No thank you. I would say that at this point I play almost entirely in-thread. I do a lot of short posts but will also put together monstrous analysis posts on occasion, usually around C3, with mixed results (from "guessing the entire elim team" to "literally none of the people I'm sus of are actually elim"). I keep track of votes especially, and base a lot of my analysis off of them, so if you need a VC, the quickest way to get one is to @ me :)