Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

10 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Ok, I’ve read through the thread, and Araris is the one who currently feels most suspicious. I think that we’re far from any sort of proof, though, so I’ll wait a bit before voting.

Is there anyone you think could be suspicious besides Araris?

Journal of Professor Jacob Lenn
Professor of Anthropology at Miskatonic University

Forest Expedition
Day 42

A man has died today. Amity, a younger fellow. We found his body, if you could still call it that, mangled within his tent. I feel sick. I didn’t really know him, but the sight of his body twisted like that haunts my mind. All evidence points to the killer being, not an animal, but one of us. Nobody is saying such things aloud of course, but it is clear that we have all reached that same conclusion. There is a murderer among us, and he could strike again at any moment. William my old friend, what have you gotten us into...

Dr. Lenn closed his journal and stood up to stretch, using his cane for support. He had started carrying the thing years earlier, not because he needed it, but because he had felt it made him look more distinguished. Sadly, he could no longer claim that it’s use was purely decorative. He wasn’t an elderly man yet, (at least, that’s what he kept telling himself) but the rigors of this journey were bringing up all sorts pains and sores. 
That being said, he wouldn’t have missed this opportunity for the world. When Professor Dyer had announced his plans for this expidieron, Lenn had initially jumped at the opportunity. After the events of this morning however, he wished he had shown a bit more hesitance.

Aight, that’s my real first post. Greetings all. 

Edited by Dannex

4 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Journal of Professor Jacob Lenn
Professor of Anthropology at Miskatonic University

Forest Expedition
Day 42

A man has died today. Amity, a younger fellow. We found his body, if you could still call it that, mangled within his tent. I feel sick. I didn’t really know him, but the sight of his body twisted like that haunts my mind. All evidence points to the killer being, not an animal, but one of us. Nobody is saying such things aloud of course, but it is clear that we have all reached that same conclusion. There is a murderer among us, and he could strike again at any moment. William my old friend, what have you gotten us into...

Dr. Lenn closed his journal and stood up to stretch, using his cane for support. He had started carrying the thing years earlier, not because he needed it, but because he had felt it made him look more distinguished. Sadly, he could no longer claim that it’s use was purely decorative. He wasn’t an elderly man yet, (at least, that’s what he kept yelling himself) but the rigors of this journey were bringing up all sorts pains and sores. 
That being said, he wouldn’t have missed this opportunity for the world. When Professor Dyer had announced his plans for this expidieron, Lenn had initially jumped at the opportunity. After the events of this morning however, he wished he had shown a bit more hesitance.

Aight, that’s my real first post. Greetings all. 

Hello, any thoughts or reads on anybody?

Just now, Azmine_king said:

Hello, any thoughts or reads on anybody?

I guess I’m ever so slightly suspicious of Araris, but 1. I’m obviously biased and 2. I guess I can see how that’s not necessarily AI for araris, but it does seem like a weird hill for him to have chosen to die on. 

I guess how I see Araris's post is that it's a standard Araris move to Stab Vote people, but most of us know that's what Araris does... so why'd he choose to reiterate?... I guess with 3 new players (4.5 from Araris's perspective, as I don't think he's played with Pizza yet and didn't play with the returning Jondesu), it makes sense to explain intent.

So it's noted, but not enough for me to move when RandBy hasn't posted.

... why did I think Tani was a player? I specifically noted Xino was a pinch hitter... sigh.

Ok, so hear me out here. I read over the thread again, and it seems to me like Quinn is acting very suspicious.

First off, she is the most vocal about Araris being elim. This wouldn't be suspicious, but it feels like she's trying to cover it up using "lol" :P and slightly self-deprecating jokes. If this is typical for Quinn, please tell me (this is my first game of SE), but it seems odd.

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

First off, she is the most vocal about Araris being elim. This wouldn't be suspicious, but it feels like she's trying to cover it up using "lol" :P and slightly self-deprecating jokes. If this is typical for Quinn, please tell me (this is my first game of SE), but it seems odd.

Quinn is complicated :P. I would say that everything she posted this game is normal for her, including the light-hearted tone (although I didn't read her elim game too closely). It's worth knowing that in the last LG she and I were both village and were at each other's throats up until the point she was essentially confirmed village (and she still suspected me after that).

Also, I'd encourage you to vote sooner rather than later (even if it's on me :(). Nobody will take you voting on them as a personal attack, and the sooner there is pressure on players, the sooner the real fun starts. There's a bit of a trend in SE, at least in the first couple of cycles, where the person who's name is mentioned the most tends to die because everyone who hasn't voted at cycle end skims the thread, sees "I think X is suspicious, but can't really say why" several times, and then votes on X. 

On a similar note, it would be nice to see a vote from @Azmine_king, in addition to the helpful contributions.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Quinn is complicated :P. I would say that everything she posted this game is normal for her, including the light-hearted tone (although I didn't read her elim game too closely). It's worth knowing that in the last LG she and I were both village and were at each other's throats up until the point she was essentially confirmed village (and she still suspected me after that).

Also, I'd encourage you to vote sooner rather than later (even if it's on me :(). Nobody will take you voting on them as a personal attack, and the sooner there is pressure on players, the sooner the real fun starts. There's a bit of a trend in SE, at least in the first couple of cycles, where the person who's name is mentioned the most tends to die because everyone who hasn't voted at cycle end skims the thread, sees "I think X is suspicious, but can't really say why" several times, and then votes on X. 

On a similar note, it would be nice to see a vote from @Azmine_king, in addition to the helpful contributions.

Ok. My gut says to vote for Quinn, so I'll do that. However, I'll be watching, Araris. You're still suspicious. :P

Quinn

1 minute ago, Azmine_king said:

I'm going to abstain for now, I don't have any strong scum reads so far and its barely been 12 hours into the day.

But if everyone abstains because they don't have strong reads, then how do we get strong reads to base votes off of in the first place? (This doesn't quite hold, since several people have voted, but the general point still stands, I believe).