Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

27 minutes ago, Archer said:

Welcome! To answer your question, in SE, exlo is not announced, and has no mechanical effect on the game. Best way to scumhunt is to be accusatory, so if you had to vote right now, who would you pick?

Thank you, if I had to vote it would be between Matrim and Araris, Matrim has more content to go off of while Araris has all of two sentences. Im not particularly opposed to Matrim's thinking but they're one of the only people that have stood out to me. I don't know people's meta so I'm not sure how it differs from their usual openings like you guys said for Araris.

Currently, I'm having a good feeling about Illwei, I'll be able to buttress this as our game in another forum goes on as she is playing both games similarly, of course this is only till she ends up scum in both games.

Edit:

(So you know, no vote isn't an option in these games; someone is always selected for execution in the Day.)

Thats fine, no lynching on D1 is lame anyways, got to get that info

Edited by Azmine_king

23 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

[1] I think you're overstating how much I was talking about a 3 person team. I think there are four elims, it makes the most sense, that's what I'm going with. I just also want(ed) to consider all the possibilities; stating my thoughts and making clear what is possible is kinda the point D1 :P. If that wasn't clear enough, I believe there to be four elims. I just wouldn't be surprised if there were three with some good roles or something.

*actually reads your posts carefully* oh. Okay. So I thought you were hard-theorizing 3 elims back when you thought there were 16 players. Which it seems you weren't. 8am!me's reading comprehension is apparently not very good :P sorry about that Matrim 

Let's go with Araris instead. The more I think about that post of his the more suspicious it seems to me : P should it concern me that this is exactly how my LG75-Araris-tunnel started?

26 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

[2] Normal = Null read?

In this case, yes. Ash RPing and Illwei random-voting are definitely normal for them, but I wouldn't call either of those things village indicative (since Illwei random-votes almost more when she's elim, and Ash spent all of AG7 RPing). 

27 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

[3] This seems to me like a large read from only one very short post that seemed relatively normal to me, but idk. I've never been able to read Araris early on.

It's D1, what do you expect smh also I arguably can't read Araris early on either, given that I thought e!him was village on D1 of LG74 (mostly, anyway) and that v!him was elim in LG75. I'm not giving up though :P 

29 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Also a good point it was an activity poke, or at least not on someone who's posted. I don't think Araris normally does that? Idk how pointless that detail is though.

Araris always activity-pokes, and encourages activity, and votes inactives. Or, well, almost always anyway <_< it's kind of his thing. Also, Dannex was one of the more active players in QF52 (up until he died) and I think also in LG75 (up until he died), so idk why people still count him as inactive. The main reason he isn't around much is because he tends to be our D1 scapegoat when we're not sure who to vote off.

31 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And isn't it a bit... early to be making full team guesses? Or at least partial team guesses? Maybe I'm not one to talk but we're barely 12 hours into D1 :P.

Yes, it's definitely too early :P remember my team guesses from LG75? It's not a serious guess, really, just... y'know, I want bragging rights if by some miracle I'm right xD

Okay yep definitely vil-reading Azmine lol

I thought it was sort of implied from my reputation that my earlier post was a Stab(TM) Vote. I tried adding a bit of justification to make that clear. Vote’s not coming off just because Dannex posts or something. Only if I feel like there’s a better place. And really, guys. D1 votes are always easy to change with little reasoning. It’s, well, D1. Anyways, please don’t encourage me to go down the tunnel of elim!Quinn trying to take me out with the vote again. That went really we for us last game, didn’t it? :P 

I suppose it’s good that people aren’t relying on my reputation too much, since I’m still trying to run as hard as I can from those games where I bussed my pals.

I kinda just skimmed the thread, and will give more thoughts later, but wanted to make a meta point now about activity levels. Basically, try not to flood the thread with super intimidating posts. I think posting the same stuff is fine, but using spoilers might make the thread easier to follow for people who are just trying to get a feel for what’s going on.

Edited by Araris Valerian

18 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

The main reason he isn't around much is because he tends to be our D1 scapegoat when we're not sure who to vote off.

That seems to be said with an awful lot if certainty

13 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Let's go with Araris instead. The more I think about that post of his the more suspicious it seems to me : P should it concern me that this is exactly how my LG75-Araris-tunnel started?

And the more I read it the more it seems like this is a reaction that's over-the-top :P. The only think I would consider strange about Araris' post is choosing Dannex as the stab vote because of how often he dies early, but that's not a reason to elim read someone. So I don't understand where the vote is coming from.

16 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Araris always activity-pokes, and encourages activity, and votes inactives. Or, well, almost always anyway <_< it's kind of his thing. Also, Dannex was one of the more active players in QF52 (up until he died) and I think also in LG75 (up until he died), so idk why people still count him as inactive. The main reason he isn't around much is because he tends to be our D1 scapegoat when we're not sure who to vote off.

Well, if he usually activity-pokes then it's even more normal to me :P Dannex hasn't posted yet so he's technically inactive, though again choosing Dannex is kind of weird but not necessarily AI I don't think.

20 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Okay yep definitely vil-reading Azmine lol

(Tentatively seconded)

10 minutes ago, Illwei said:

That seems to be said with an awful lot if certainty

That's because it has a lot of precedent. See LG72 D1, QF50 C1, LG73 D1, or LG75 D1 for a few off-the-top-of-my-head examples : P

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And the more I read it the more it seems like this is a reaction that's over-the-top :P. The only think I would consider strange about Araris' post is choosing Dannex as the stab vote because of how often he dies early, but that's not a reason to elim read someone. So I don't understand where the vote is coming from.

It's coming from Araris apparently deciding it was necessary to qualify his vote with the obvious statement that someone has to die (which minimizes the vote, provides an (imo) unnecessary explanation for it, and makes it easier to withdraw it all at the same time, all of which make it seem self-conscious/elimmy to me). 

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Well, if he usually activity-pokes then it's even more normal to me :P Dannex hasn't posted yet so he's technically inactive, though again choosing Dannex is kind of weird but not necessarily AI I don't think.

That wasn't what I thought was weird about it in the first place smh

Edited by Quintessential

1 hour ago, Archer said:

If a players uses Listen at the Door, do they receive a transcript of the requested PM during rollover, or immediately?

It is received during rollover.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

If a player uses a Hidden Transcript, is the player added to the PM, or given a transcript? Are they told who was involved in the PM?

The player will receive a redacted transcript. They will not be told who sent the messages.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Are players allowed to make multiple PMs with the same person over the course of the day, and if so, would PM spying actions provide read outs of all of them, or just one

You can make multiple PMs with the same person, but Listen at Doors would reveal the contents of all of them.

I think you guys are reading too much into my mindset of these games. Like, the fact someone has to die is the primary motivation for me to vote (I mean has to die in terms of information, rather than mechanics, both here and earlier). If my hands are going to be dirty either way, best have it be on my own terms. I feel like this is something I have expressed many times before.

Again, I’m also the person that coined the term Stab Vote in the first place, in protest against poke votes. It is my firm belief that for quite some time I’ve not placed an “activity poke”. A lot of the time my first vote is on one of the first players that posts. Someone’s gotta die, and as of now I’ll be perfectly content to leave my vote on Dannex through cycle end as my input on that matter.

1 hour ago, Quintessential said:
  • However, then we get to Araris: Archer says that he agrees that Araris's explanation for his vote is odd, and looks like an elim trying to make a retraction easier, but then doesn't vote him, and instead more or less logics his way out of suspecting Araris at all. 

I started my last post thinking I'd throw a vote on Araris, but by the end of it had decided not to. I rewrote that paragraph a few times afterwards. I'm sticking with a solid null on Araris. I agree with their meta pointers, but they're NAI. They do good RP though.

I understand Quinn's line of attack, and will consider it when picking my final vote, but I don't think it's worth settling on right now.

Also maybe it's just that Azmine actually knows what they're doing and is talking a fair amount, both of which are pleasant surprises, but I'm gut reading them village at this point 

*pocket, pocket* :P

59 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Currently, I'm having a good feeling about Illwei

Village reading Illwei seems like NAI friend-bias to me

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

It is received during rollover. The player will receive a redacted transcript. They will not be told who sent the messages. You can make multiple PMs with the same person, but Listen at Doors would reveal the contents of all of them.

Thank you! 

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

I think you guys are reading too much into my mindset of these games. Like, the fact someone has to die is the primary motivation for me to vote (I mean has to die in terms of information, rather than mechanics, both here and earlier). If my hands are going to be dirty either way, best have it be on my own terms. I feel like this is something I have expressed many times before.

Again, I’m also the person that coined the term Stab Vote in the first place, in protest against poke votes. It is my firm belief that for quite some time I’ve not placed an “activity poke”. A lot of the time my first vote is on one of the first players that posts. Someone’s gotta die, and as of now I’ll be perfectly content to leave my vote on Dannex through cycle end as my input on that matter.

Yes, precisely, it is because "someone has to die" is the primary motivation that I find it odd that you would say it here. It is the primary motivation for everyone to vote, really, and the fact that you're stating it explicitly just looks to me like you're trying to head off any criticism that might come your way.

I'd ask why Dannex but since he hasn't really posted yet, I assume there isn't a solid reason. 

5 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Hi, I’m here now. 

What are we talking about?

:P

Anything and everything :P Welcome!

-

I have to go be productive (<_<) so I'll be gone for the next ~3 hours. I can bluetext that if you want :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

It is the primary motivation for everyone to vote, really, and the fact that you're stating it explicitly just looks to me like you're trying to head off any criticism that might come your way.

I totally agree with the start of this sentence. Everyone should vote because someone has to die. My stating that is supposed to encourage other people to realize that they should be voting as well. Not necessarily to justify the vote itself (although that does motive the vote), since as we seem to agree, that bit should be obvious.

5 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I'd ask why Dannex but since he hasn't really posted yet, I assume there isn't a solid reason. 

I actually felt kind of limited in who I was comfortable voting for in that post. Multiple new players this game, and lots of people I’d usually like to see live into the later turns. Jondesu is returning and it’s been ages since I’ve played with him. Speaking of, @Jondesu, welcome back! It was random out of Dannex/Gears/Randby/Books.

19 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

That's because it has a lot of precedent. See LG72 D1, QF50 C1, LG73 D1, or LG75 D1 for a few off-the-top-of-my-head examples : P

Yes i know he's an easy target, but you said "hes not here because" with certainty, when there were plenty of reasons he might not have shown up yet. Then right after that, he finds it neccessary to make a "hello" meaningless post to say that hes here. 

Just my observations, Quinn :P. 

8 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Illwei, friend-bias, no no no, Illwei is more like a rival that sucks at chess, but they just happen to be towny this game

Excuse me WHO won all the (real, variants dont matter :P. ) games last night? And WHO is winning the daily game? Yeah, thats what i thought. 

9 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

lollll wait wait what is Illwei telling you about me??? I wanna know :P 

Nothing much, just that if anyone should be shipped, its you and me, Kwinny <3 :P. 

7 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Hi, I’m here now. 

What are we talking about?

:P

If you were assembling a top tier badminton squad, what three people from the playerlist would you pick? :P

Just now, Illwei said:

Yes i know he's an easy target, but you said "hes not here because" with certainty, when there were plenty of reasons he might not have shown up yet. Then right after that, he finds it neccessary to make a "hello" meaningless post to say that hes here. 

Just my observations, Quinn :P. 

I'm technically in a class and not supposed to be talking, but what I meant was that if it seems like Dannex hasn't talked much in previous games, it's because he tends to die early.