Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

We also might need to consider that there might be an elim Silence. I’m not sure why everyone has been assuming that Ash is vil just because of that, which feels completely unfounded, especially now that we’re pretty sure the elims knew the identity of our crossbow wielder.

26 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I was under the impression that Dannex was redirected to kill Vonne, then Dannex dies to Shades, and Pizza was the Elim kill (from any of them).

Ohhhh okay that makes more sense.

So... Vonne/Araris/Mat/<Danforth>?

13 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

We also might need to consider that there might be an elim Silence. I’m not sure why everyone has been assuming that Ash is vil just because of that, which feels completely unfounded, especially now that we’re pretty sure the elims knew the identity of our crossbow wielder.

I mean, I'd been reading Ash village because of how he claimed (last-minute, suggesting he was afraid he'd be killed by the elims and thus willing to risk a last-minute post that might not save him, rather than claiming when it first became clear he was in trouble), not what he claimed as. But I guess if we're out of leads at some point, Ash might be a person to consider. It would explain why the elims haven't tried to kill him, though that could also just be IKYK.

Sigh.

Spoiler

Araris Valerian has been executed survived execution! 

Vote Count
Araris (7) - Azmine, Quinn, Szeth, Dannex, Ashbringer, vonnegut, Pizza, Flyingbooks
Szeth (3) - Archer, Araris
Vonnegut (1) - — 

Player List:

1. Matrim’s Dice
  2. Gears Expeditioner
  3. Azmine_king
  4. Illwei Iron-willed Expeditioner
  5. Archer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander Expeditioner
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex
  10. Jondesu
  11. Ashbringer
  12. Araris Valerian
  13. Vonnegut
  14. PizzaPower55
  15. Flyingbooks

Every living player (aside from Mat and Jondesu, who were insane) voted on D2. There was a vote moved from Araris to Vonne (which could be many things, but preserves the same number of votes) and an extra vote on Szeth. Unless there's some major secrets going on, the only way that extra vote could have gotten there would be Professor Dyer, which means Dyer must be either Archer or Araris. And something tells me that Araris isn't Dyer, with Silver Bones, and a Crossbow, and a Spellbook, and hasn't counterclaimed Archer yet.

Archer is confirmed.

In addition, there's another fun thing we can do, seeing as Archer and I are going to get spied on anyway:

Danforth cannot go insane.

Spoiler
  1. Matrim’s Dice - Insane D3, D4
  2. Gears - Dead
  3. Azmine_king - Insane D2
  4. Illwei - Dead
  5. Archer - Confirmed Dyer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander - Dead
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex - Dead
  10. Jondesu - Insane D3
  11. Ashbringer - Confirmed Silence (even if you think I'm Elim, I've been using protection actions this whole game, which Danforth cannot do)
  12. Araris Valerian - Insane D4
  13. Vonnegut - Dead
  14. PizzaPower55 - Dead
  15. Flyingbooks

So assuming there is a Danforth out there, it must be either Quintessential, Szeth_Pancakes, or Flyingbooks. I hope this next Night turn can help narrow things down a bit.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Hey GMs, is it possible for someone to successfully submit a NK and be killed by the Shades in the same round?

That is how it works. Shade attacks come after the kill, since shades are enraged by drawing the blood of another.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I was under the impression that Dannex was redirected to kill Vonne, then Dannex dies to Shades, and Pizza was the Elim kill (from any of them).

I hate to agree with a theory Araris originated in this game, but I guess this is how it must have happened. I assumed Dannex was killed with the elim kill because that would make sense, but hey, I also expected the elims to redirect Ashbringer self protect and use their kill on him. 

It appears both sides got unlucky. 

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Matrim’s Dice - Insane D3, D4
  2. Gears - Dead
  3. Azmine_king - Insane D2
  4. Illwei - Dead
  5. Archer - Confirmed Dyer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander - Dead
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex - Dead
  10. Jondesu - Insane D3
  11. Ashbringer - Confirmed Silence (even if you think I'm Elim, I've been using protection actions this whole game, which Danforth cannot do)
  12. Araris Valerian - Insane D4
  13. Vonnegut - Dead
  14. PizzaPower55 - Dead
  15. Flyingbooks

So assuming there is a Danforth out there, it must be either Quintessential, Szeth_Pancakes, or Flyingbooks. I hope this next Night turn can help narrow things down a bit.

Because Quinn sussed Araris D1 and Flyingbooks voluntarily gave me a cool item, my money is on Szeth. 

Jondesu says Vonne didnt submit the kill, Araris didn't either, and Flyingbooks did an item pass. Mat went insane so am I correct in thinking we're left with Quinn and Szeth who could have submitted the kill (and are Danforth)? Quinn claimed to scan Dannex, while Szeth I think has yet to report. 

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

I actually got the spellbook from the D1 vote, rather than starting with it. So the distro doesn't have to be too crazy for me to be village.

Like, someone passed it to you? 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Mat went insane so am I correct in thinking we're left with Quinn and Szeth who could have submitted the kill (and are Danforth)? Quinn claimed to scan Dannex, while Szeth I think has yet to report. 

My gut tells me it’s Szeth but Quinn is devious sometimes so I’m worried about my gut trust on her currently.

19 hours ago, Jondesu said:

My gut tells me it’s Szeth but Quinn is devious sometimes so I’m worried about my gut trust on her currently.

smh you've played one full game with me and I was village. How would you know how devious I am? :P

14 minutes ago, Archer said:

yeah but you also successfully stalked his post archive to figure out his age :hmmm:

What? He said he bet I couldn't do it! I like a challenge. And that's not devious, that's just common sense :P 

Edited by Quintessential

5 hours ago, Quintessential said:

smh you've played one full game with me and I was village. How would you know how devious I am? :P

Didn’t I play with you before I left? I thought I remembered you. Maybe I’m mixing you up with someone else.

(((writeup to be added later)))

Araris has been executed! They were an Elder Things Worshipper and Shade Expert!

Vote Count
Araris (7) - Azmine, Archer, Quinn, Szeth, Jondesu, Ashbringer, Flyingbooks

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim’s Dice
  2. Gears Expeditioner Scribe
  3. Azmine_king
  4. Illwei Iron-willed Expeditioner
  5. Archer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander Expeditioner
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex Expeditioner Scribe
  10. Jondesu
  11. Ashbringer
  12. Araris Valerian Elder Things Worshipper/Shade Expert
  13. Vonnegut Elder Things Worshipper
  14. PizzaPower55 Expeditioner
  15. Flyingbooks

This turn will end Sunday, May 8 at 9 p.m. PDT. (I am delaying the rollover for Mother's Day stuffs)

Edited by Elandera

No surprise there. What do we think? Is Szeth still a viable teammate to Araris/Vonne or does this assist our analysis? I can’t claim to have done a ton of analysis mostly, I’m going off gut and other’s logic.

*gasp* Good game, Araris. 

I don't see why Szeth couldn't be an elim teammate. I think the Randy CW D1 was supported by Araris to save Szeth, who was at risk. And he's got to be Danforth, so it makes sense that they'd be the last person to get caught, as he's their most valuable role. 

I would love to action scan Mat and Szeth tonight. At risk of being over confident, I think we can just publicly coordinate our scans and so long as we get two people scanning each of them, they shouldn't be able to block us. 

There's a very small chance that I'm wrong and Quinn or Flyingbooks are elims instead (EDIT: of Szeth), so maybe you two could scan each other just to be safe? 

I'll watch Mat. 

Edited by Archer

I'm a little less suspicious of Matrim now, mainly because I... don't remember what the original tie to Elim!Araris is, and I had a reason for V!Araris --> E!Mat. Plus it does raise the question of who was doing an Elim kill N3 if both Vonne and Araris were being scanned, Mat went insane presumably from risking a scan on Books, and Szeth is Danforth.

But it's enough for me to want someone to scan Mat.

Quinn/Books/Szeth, I'd appreciate it if you guys scan... someone. Quinn <---> Books would be a good idea.