Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

Oh, yeah ig I should probably post or something. I tried to spy on Araris and Mat to see if they have a PM (I figured that if Araris has any PMs at all, it's with active players. Illwei's dead and I don't have one, so Mat was next on the list). Sure enough, they do not have a PM : P

I can confirm everything Archer said about his role and stuff, or at least everything that pertains to me.

Uhhh yeah that's about it. I'm not sure yet who I'll action-scan tonight, though I'm also not sure that action-scanning is going to do us much good tonight anyway, because assuming (as I now am) that Araris is elim, his having been essentially outed means the elims have nothing to lose by having him submit the kill. So I'm pretty sure he'll be the one to do it.

11 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Oh, yeah ig I should probably post or something. I tried to spy on Araris and Mat to see if they have a PM (I figured that if Araris has any PMs at all, it's with active players. Illwei's dead and I don't have one, so Mat was next on the list). Sure enough, they do not have a PM : P

Why would I have a PM with Araris? I think the only time I’ve ever had a Pm with Araris was the AG when he PMd me telling me that he poisoned me :P.

I would say, action-scan anyway.  I don't want us to be sitting around with a blank slate again after Araris dies.  At least we can maybe piece some lies together.

Also my apologies for not being here as much yesterday, my son has been sick and I've been busy.  He's much better today (and covid test is negative, yay) so I'm going to try to catch up when I can.

That feel when you realize people are older than you thought...

It makes sense for e!Araris to submit the kill, so if anyone has a spellbook, this is probably the best opportunity we have to redirect the NK. 

2 hours ago, Archer said:

That feel when you realize people are older than you thought...

It makes sense for e!Araris to submit the kill, so if anyone has a spellbook, this is probably the best opportunity we have to redirect the NK. 

LOL, I suppose I'll take that as a compliment?  ;)

I have no idea how old y'all are, but I'll continue in ignorance because I'm not sure if I want to face that all of you are children.

7 minutes ago, vonnegut said:

I have no idea how old y'all are, but I'll continue in ignorance because I'm not sure if I want to face that all of you are children.

Yes, enjoy that ignorance. They make me feel ancient daily. :P

Journal of Thankful Dolittle
Geology Graduate at Miskatonic University

Forest Expedition
Day 45

(((writeup to be added later)))

vonnegut has been killed! They were an Elder Things Worshipper!
Dannex has been killed! They were an Expeditioner and Scribe!
PizzaPower55 has been killed! They were an Expeditioner!

Araris Valerian has gone insane!
Matrim's Dice has gone insane!

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim’s Dice
  2. Gears Expeditioner Scribe
  3. Azmine_king
  4. Illwei Iron-willed Expeditioner
  5. Archer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander Expeditioner
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex Expeditioner Scribe
  10. Jondesu
  11. Ashbringer
  12. Araris Valerian
  13. Vonnegut Elder Things Worshipper
  14. PizzaPower55 Expeditioner
  15. Flyingbooks

This turn will end Saturday, May 8 at 5 p.m. PDT.

Edited by Elandera

Okay that was... not what I was expecting. I scanned Dannex; he used a kill, so I guess that means he had a Crossbow. But... two people used Crossbows (judging by the three kills) and neither of them were on Araris? *utter confusion*

I'm assuming the Vonne kill was one of the Crossbows, but who was the other? Did the elims kill Pizza or Dannex? If it was Dannex, does anyone know whether he claimed to anyone? That might help us narrow down who they are.

Well, it seems that someone is a better shot than me, in multiple senses. I, unfortunately, tried to do an action scan and went insane. So I won't be able to do much except watch as you all murder me again. (not that I would have been able to do otherwise to begin with)

Dannex had communicated with Archer and was planning on shooting Araris, according to Archer... my guess is one of those kills is due to Shades. Whether Dannex went rouge and shot Vonne then died to shades, or got redirected and Vonne died to shades, unsure.

Anyone catch a redirect with their action scan?

Araris, writeup doesn't have you very insane...

Well, that’s interesting and unexpected. I scanned Vonne last night (picked randomly) and they only scanned someone else, so they must have been killed by a crossbow rather than Shades, if I understand the mechanism correctly.

Let’s finish off Araris and go from there, but this definitely could change my thinking on the team…

Edited by Jondesu