Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

Noun: Hoid

Verb: Glide

Adjective: Tiny

I love using proper nouns in the "noun" blanks when I'm doing mad libs. It's techincally correct, and funny as heck!

that almost rhymed

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

On 5/4/2021 at 0:34 PM, Quintessential said:

He said he didn't submit an action N1, but we have no scans confirming that.

What benefit would I get from privately claiming to Illwei that I forgot to take an action?

Because he's new, the fact that he didn't submit an action might not be seen as so odd, which the elims would also know.

I don't think being new has anything to do with forgetting to take an action, unless they're inactive which most new players tend to be, I would still think its odd to not submit an action.

He was the only person to go insane after C1, which would explain why Araris submitted the kill.

Im not sure I see the correlation between going insane and not being able to do the kill, I became sane again N2

Side note: I finished testing this week for now, sorry for the lack of activity, should be better now.

17 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Im not sure I see the correlation between going insane and not being able to do the kill, I became sane again N2

*me having misread "unable to vote or take action for one turn" as "for one cycle"* uh right okay yeah nvm sorry carry on : P

3 hours ago, Archer said:

I've run out of salacious rumors for my gossip column tonight, so if anyone wants to help me generate some, I need a noun, a verb, and an adjective from you. (Mad lib is short for madness-induced libel, right? Right)

Noun: identity

Verb: defenestrate

Adjective: fabled

I have something I'd like to say on the matter, but it would be entirely unhelpful for me to put it out in the open. So in the interests of instead being helpful, is there anyone who believes that there is a reasonable chance that I'm being honest? The last LG boosted my confidence in my ability to do last minute vote swings, but unfortunately the circumstances are slightly less favorable here.

... I believe there's a chance. I could see a player having a Crossbow + Bones. I could see you deciding to shoot Illwei, and thanks to the Shades I can see you doing it early. And I could see the Elims deciding not to kill surrounding all these scans. (Or both the Elims and Araris double-tapped Illwei, now that I think about it.)

But all of them? That's a stretch. A possible one... but if it does exist, I think we need to be sure about it.

write-up to be edited in later

Araris Valerian has been executed survived execution! 

Vote Count
Araris (7) - Azmine, Quinn, Szeth, Dannex, Ashbringer, vonnegut, Pizza, Flyingbooks
Szeth (3) - Archer, Araris
Vonnegut (1) - — 

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim’s Dice
  2. Gears Expeditioner
  3. Azmine_king
  4. Illwei Iron-willed Expeditioner
  5. Archer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander Expeditioner
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex
  10. Jondesu
  11. Ashbringer
  12. Araris Valerian
  13. Vonnegut
  14. PizzaPower55
  15. Flyingbooks

This turn ends Friday, May 6 at 5 p.m. PDT.

Apologies for the late switch. Last Day was a unique opportunity for me because once Araris was convinced to, everyone voted. It gave me the chance to definitively prove that I am… Professor William Dyer! (Note the extra vote on Szeth.)

That’s my third time out of four LGs where I’ve ended up with the confirmed good role, which is hilarious. Unsolicited, I told Gears about it on D1. He agreed to participate in a scheme with me so I could prove my role to him. He pretended to secretly vote for Flyingbooks, while I came up with an excuse to also vote for him and doubled my vote. I suspect Gears took the opportunity to submit a Scribe write-up, but we never discussed his role or items.

I got blindsided when he was killed, and told Quinn and Illwei my role on D2. Mat spied on the latter PM and also found out. And when Ashbringer came out as Silence, I told him too.

I believe that between Mat’s probable evil alignment and the possibility of PM spying, my role has reached the elim doc by now. Therefore, it makes sense to reveal myself now so we can take advantage of my guaranteed alignment. I’ll likely be an NK target and if I survive, Danforth will probably try to move my double votes to the elims’ advantage, and I’ve planned accordingly. I wish there was a good way to RP this reveal, but instead, how about some mad libs?

SNOOPS’ TRAVEL DIARY: THE FORREST OF DREAMS: DAY 44

What's the best thing to have on a cold, snowy day? Some scorching hot tea, and holy shades, do I have a lot of it to share today. 

A VONNE CALLING: Just this afternoon, VONNE tried desperately to trade me his Hoid for a tiny mask I found in the nearby ruin. Of course, I glided him away; these things are collectable! Where’d he get a Hoid anyway?

ON DE-FENCE: That aloof half-giant QUINTUS, whose terminal indecisiveness led them to not even vote today, has apparently been bridging about every morning to, “repair the barriers and safeguards that prevent Shade incursions,” according to a heresy source that I’m hardly inclined to trust. Sounds more like a crazy man sneaking away to fool around with his crab thingies to me!

DOESN’T DOZE: “I… sleep less,” admitted PHILICO in a recent interview.  The reason for his shady insomnia? “I’ve been digging with my crossbow at night!”

DUKE AND (UNDER)COVER: FALEAST, who loyal readers will recall is likely the exiled DUKE OF GREYLOFT, was nowhere to be found last night. After putting on my investigation disguise, which is an important and legitimate part of any reporter’s toolkit, while searching his tent for him, I happened to find an unusual fire, carelessly left inside of a locked chest, just begging to be discovered. I’ll ask him tomorrow how he plans to green with it to reclaim his hereditary fiefdom. Stay tuned!

TRICKSY HABITSES: A trusted source tells me that every day before our group betrayal practice, FADE buries his sword so no one will touch it while he’s out. How sneaky! 

PROFES-SWORE: WILLIAM DYER was confused yesterday to find his supply of note-taking paper and lockets was almost completely depleted. “I’m silver! I swear I brought enough to make a year’s worth of expedition notes.” When asked for comment, all PROFESSOR ‘PAPER THIEF’ LENN would say was, “no comment!” before melting away from me guiltily. 

On an editorial note, I intend to ship this ream of diary entries back to my publisher as soon as fabled couriering can be arranged. If this is the last you hear from me for a while, defenestrate not! Mail is hard to arrange in the FORREST OF DREAMS, but Snoops always finds a way to bring the identity to my lovely readers. -Sally 'Snoops' Starlingo

Edited by Archer
EDIT: And thanks to everyone who submitted words. I only had to google the meaning of one. You know who you are :P

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Mat spied on the latter PM and also found out.

This is true, I knew that. And knew that Gears was the only Scribe because of it. I’ve known since... D2 I think.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Mat’s probable evil alignment

*sputters* What? As I’ve pointed out, you can hardly say probable. If I were evil you... definitely would be dead already :P.

In a similar vein, this creates a lovely IKYK for the elims to decide who Ash is protecting...

Oh shoot I forgot to scan a PM -_-. Totally forgot because of my track meet. Edit: Wait I was insane never mind :P. I did forget, it just... doesn't matter.

4 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Dannex, however, still feels very suspicious.

Care to elaborate? Sorry if you already have

Edited by Matrim's Dice

oooooooh

DannnexPlan:tm: coming in hot

everyone claim to archer since they are absolutely confirmed vil

claim every single thing, items, previous actions, everything

and then he can use logic n stuff to see if anyone's stories don't match up

only downside is that elims can then listen at the doors and discover some of our roles, but I think it'd still be worth it.

20 minutes ago, Dannex said:

DannnexPlan:tm: coming in hot

You weren't kidding :P.

20 minutes ago, Dannex said:

only downside is that elims can then listen at the doors and discover some of our roles, but I think it'd still be worth it.

I mean, that's a heck of a downside. They can't listen directly tonight but Hidden Transcripts exist and who knows how many of those there are, and they very well could get tidbits tomorrow. That's not something I really want to risk for a theoretical gain.

(Ninja'd by Ash, who is also correct)

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I have been contacted by one genuine crossbowman! They would like to use their bolt to it's best use and are requesting any other crossbowmen to contact Archer, who will contact the crossbowman that is sending this message. This way we can preserve as many bolts as possible as to not triple-shoot Araris. I don't really think there's that many crossbows anyway, but better safe than sorry, eh?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

35 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Oh shoot I forgot to scan a PM -_-. Totally forgot because of my track meet. Edit: Wait I was insane never mind :P. I did forget, it just... doesn't matter.

Care to elaborate? Sorry if you already have

Oh, it’s just that he wrote off his suspicions of Araris back in D1. Also, this post ^^^ sounds very elim to me. Elims are obviously going to listen in on this if the plan is public. His “only downside” is actually a MAJOR flaw in the plan.

Edit: ninja’d :ph34r:

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

6 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Oh, it’s just that he wrote off his suspicions of Araris back in D1. Also, this post ^^^ sounds very elim to me. Elims are obviously going to listen in on this if the plan is public. His “only downside” is actually a MAJOR flaw in the plan.

Edit: ninja’d :ph34r:

Yeah, it kinda feels like maybe just a mistake, but more likely a “mistake” they were hoping no one would care about.

I’ll have to consider whether I find them more suspicious or higher priority than the others though. I said I’d vote Szeth out next before, but I have to make sure I’m still thinking that way. I’ll report back this cycle unless something keeps me from doing so IRL.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What? As I’ve pointed out, you can hardly say probable. If I were evil you... definitely would be dead already :P.

Let's continue this after Araris' flip, because my suspicion hinges on it. You didn't serious expect to make it through the forests of Threnody without encountering any shade, did you? :P. 

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I scanned Archer/Dannex yesterday. Apparently they don't have a PM, but now Archer is essentially confirmed vil, so I don't need to worry about him.

Can confirm. 

32 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

That is called "mayoring". 

^ that

Theoretically, it's a good strategy, but in practice it's not very fun so let's compromise. If you want, shoot me a PM and try to be as anonymous as possible. That way if someone reads it with a Hidden Transcript, they won't be able to tell who told me the information. I'd suggest EITHER tell me something important like you have a crossbow/ you've got some items you're interested in passing OR who you plan to scan tonight. The latter is for accountability, to avoid doubling up, and to make it awkward for anyone thinking of submitting a night kill. If you say both, you risk being identifiable to spies. I think my suspicions are well known, so telling you who to scan isn't really necessary. Use your best judgement and hopefully we'll end up scanning pretty much everyone between us. 

I just wanted to report back that for now I’m planning on voting Szeth next cycle if I survive and Araris doesn’t. I find the previous arguments compelling enough that the Dannex situation changes anything, and it feels like Szeth is really trying to distance from Dannex anyways.