Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

I scanned Azmine, via RNG, but of course I went insane so I didn’t get any results…

Please don’t waste another day trying to kill me. It’s wearisome and I’d rather we get some actual Elims.

31 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

What are yalls thoughts on Quinn? I'd like to look closer at her slot this phase.

I have her as a slight village, though tbh I haven’t been paying enough attention to her as I probably should be. But I could say that about the whole game too :P. I feel like I’m being deceptively active. I have a... lot to do this week/month.

18 minutes ago, PizzaPower55 said:

araris did a kill action, i did discover the hidden on them because ashbringer told me to in pms

Araris and yes I know that doesn’t do anything :P.

I don’t suppose you’ll claim crossbow?

Well, I can confirm I asked Pizza to scan Araris. @Araris Valerian, what is your reason for not trying to kill me your defense?

7 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Uh, okay then

I can't find a way to change colors on mobile so will Araris works?

@Elandera

try [color*=red*]TEXT[/color*] without the asterisks.

Edited by Ashbringer

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I have her as a slight village, though tbh I haven’t been paying enough attention to her as I probably should be. But I could say that about the whole game too :P. I feel like I’m being deceptively active. I have a... lot to do this week/month.

Araris and yes I know that doesn’t do anything :P.

I don’t suppose you’ll claim crossbow?

If I were Pizza I would've waited before claiming that knowledge but too late I guess. Time to see what Araris has to say 

EDIT:

Araris

Edited by Azmine_king

9 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Uh, okay then

I can't find a way to change colors on mobile so will Araris works?

@Elandera

Just so I don't miss this later, could you edit it once you get to a desktop or do the mobile coding like ash explained? I'll count it for now, though.

Araris

Yep. Sorry buddy.

Edit: If Araris is really elim, then I think Quinn is clear, since she was so quick to accuse Araris back in D1. She may have been bussing, but she was one of the first in the Araris train (if not the first).

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

6 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

I'm not sure if I saw anything about it, but is there hammering/ending day early with a majority vote. If so let's make sure to avoid that.

No, I don’t think we’ve done that on this forum, and if so it’s not the norm, nor in this game’s rules.

18 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

@Araris Valerian

Care to defend yourself? (There’s only one way you could have been vil, unless Pizza was lying)

Because there's only one kill, it would require not only for him to have a crossbow, but he would've needed to target the same person as the factional, or somehow have another protective be on one of two targets. Very unlikely in both situations

Edited by Azmine_king

9 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Because there's only one kill, it would require not only for him to have a crossbow, but he would've needed to target the same person as the factional, or somehow have another protective be on one for two targets. Very unlikely in both situations

Exactly :)

Ash is legit, in case there is any confusion.  I spied on him last night and it came back with a protection action.

Araris to get the vote in.

Question for Ash: Did you tell Flyingbooks to scan Szeth, or did they do that on their own?

Well that was fortunate! I believe Araris submitted the NK because he didn’t warn Ashbringer of his plans, which I would have expected a villager Crossbowman to do. Evidently the elim team believed that he was the least likely to be scanned of the teammates who were available to submit, which is interesting.

I suggest we use our remaining time to figure out the rest of the elim team, as there’s unlikely to be much opposition to the current exe. Assuming Araris is evil, the following is true:

Archer - VILLAGE: My GM PM says so

Ashbringer – VILLAGE: Silence, suggested scan of Araris

PizzaPower – VILLAGE: Reported Araris’ kill

Quintessential – VILLAGE: Aggressively tried to exe Araris D1

Araris Valerian – ELIM: Killed Illwei

This Page Five Notable Quotable has become relevant:

“Anyway, what’s the consensus on voting? Is there one?” -Szeth

“Araris seems to be the most agreed upon so far.” -Azmine

“We're only so far in though, and the only thing that doesnt sit right for me with araris is the specific wording of his first post. “ -v!Illwei

“Ok, I’ve read through the thread, and Araris is the one who currently feels most suspicious. I think that we’re far from any sort of proof, though, so I’ll wait a bit before voting.” -Szeth

Azmine directs suspicion towards Araris, while Szeth seems reluctant to vote for them.  

Azmine_king - Villagey

Szeth_Pancakes - Sus

Another Page Fiver of note:

“I guess I’m ever so slightly suspicious of Araris, but 1. I’m obviously biased and 2. I guess I can see how that’s not necessarily AI for araris, but it does seem like a weird hill for him to have chosen to die on.” -Dannex

Dannex: Sus, for watering down evaluation of Araris

Now, let’s look at Page Six, when Mat was the only person to village read Araris with the post:

“Anyway- lotta people jumping on this. I'm leaning towards Illwei's statement that there's a whole lot of attention here really fast and that probably means Araris is village.” At the time, Araris had one vote, but six other people had one or two too. Araris’ exe was widely being considered, but this seems like elim paranoia.

Matrim’s Dice: Sus for defending Araris

Jondesu – Villagey, if Mat flips elim, because they’ve been at each other’s throats all game

If Mat and Szeth are elims, Vonnegut’s D1 suspicions of them and vote for Szeth D1 look good.

Vonnegut - Villagey

In that light, the Randby CC also looks like a push to save Szeth, who had two votes near the end of the day, and/or Dannex, who did too. But one of those was from Araris, so I’m downgrading my suspicion of Dannex.

Dannex - Null

Flyingbooks – Null, due to lack of information

I’d like to exe Araris, Mat, Szeth, and Dannex, in that order.

By the way, last night I scanned Flyingbooks and found that they scanned someone. Nothing newsworthy there.

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

Evidently the elim team believed that he was the least likely to be scanned of the teammates who were available to submit, which is interesting.

See, this is precisely why it doesn’t make sense for me to be elim. I’m the sort of player who would likely get scanned nearly every cycle. Also, do you really expect me, the champion of PM safety, to claim to Ash, who is not confirmed good? Especially with a redirect action going around, that’s as good as giving the elims another kill (if Ash had been elim).

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I’d like to exe Araris, Mat, Szeth, and Dannex, in that order.

You want to exe me off of one comment I made D1 about a train that picked up really suddenly because of a post made in the first hour of the game? Whatever, man :P I would have said that regardless of who's train it was. You said I was the only one village reading Araris, but I... definitely don't think I was the only one. Heck, I was sheeping Illwei in the quote that you quoted.