Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

34 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Quinn was quick to accuse Araris, and when I called her out on that, she switched to saying how I was so suspicious, instead of defending herself.

Er... yeah no that didn't happen. Here's a sort of summary of what actually occurred:

Spoiler

Me:

Araris... okay okay so I know that last LG I was super convinced Araris was elim and then it turned out he wasn't, but this time I swear there is actually something off about him. Like, he threw a basically random vote on Dannex (which is fine), but then felt the need to justify it by stating the obvious, that "somebody has to die"? We all know that, and he specifically has expressed that stance so many times before, and nobody was gonna blame him for random-voting when Illwei had already done it twice. It just seems super self-conscious to me. So I have my eye on him as well.

Let's go with Araris instead. The more I think about that post of his the more suspicious it seems to me : P should it concern me that this is exactly how my LG75-Araris-tunnel started?

It's coming from Araris apparently deciding it was necessary to qualify his vote with the obvious statement that someone has to die (which minimizes the vote, provides an (imo) unnecessary explanation for it, and makes it easier to withdraw it all at the same time, all of which make it seem self-conscious/elimmy to me).

You:

Ok, I’ve read through the thread, and Araris is the one who currently feels most suspicious. I think that we’re far from any sort of proof, though, so I’ll wait a bit before voting.

No one else stood out. Just the way that Araris worded his posts makes me slightly suspicious.

And then, (also you):

Ok, so hear me out here. I read over the thread again, and it seems to me like Quinn is acting very suspicious.

First off, she is the most vocal about Araris being elim. This wouldn't be suspicious, but it feels like she's trying to cover it up using "lol" :P and slightly self-deprecating jokes. If this is typical for Quinn, please tell me (this is my first game of SE), but it seems odd.

Which is fine, but then when Araris responded to your request for information on my general tone with 

I would say that everything she posted this game is normal for her, including the light-hearted tone.

you did this:

Ok. My gut says to vote for Quinn, so I'll do that. However, I'll be watching, Araris. You're still suspicious. :P

Quinn

I never actually directly responded to this, because I didn't feel there was much of anything for me to say or much of a need to say anything. In fact, my unvoting Araris occurred more than 19 and a half hours after you voted me for my suspicion on him and I'd posted 8 other times in those 19.5 hours. And when I did unvote him, it was because no one else had joined me, so my vote was useless if I kept it where it was. It had nothing to do with you or your suspicion on me.

It's fine if you're still sus of me, but it might be more accurate to say that it's gut from D1 stuff : P

Edit: oh yeah, and I guess it's worth pointing out that there was no immediate whiplash from you being sus of me or anything; that was me going back over the events of the Day like... a good solid 24 hours later and noticing some weird stuff about your suspicion of me. 

Namely, you seemed to be inventing reasons to be suspicious of me every time one of your reasons is debunked. So like, at first, you were fine with me being suspicious of Araris (which, uh, you had better have been because you were too) but thought my tone was sus. Once someone else confirmed that my tone was pretty normal, you decided to vote me anyway, even though your only stated reason for voting me had been contradicted. Voting on gut is fine, especially D1, and I suppose that's what you said you were doing... but still, you've continued to be sus of me and have listed other (also untrue) reasons for it rather than just calling it gut, which as far as I can tell is what it is

Also what exactly about Dannex's activity level is sus?

And if you're clearing Az for not doing something his team would have told him he could do (posting at Night), then how come you're not clearing Vonn for the same? (in their case it was action-scanning, not Night-posting, but the point is the same).

Edited by Quintessential

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Er... yeah no that didn't happen. Here's a sort of summary of what actually occurred:

Hide contents

Me:

You:

And then, (also you):

Which is fine, but then when Araris responded to your request for information on my general tone with 

you did this:

I never actually directly responded to this, because I didn't feel there was much of anything for me to say or much of a need to say anything. In fact, my unvoting Araris occurred more than 19 and a half hours after you voted me for my suspicion on him and I'd posted 8 other times in those 19.5 hours. And when I did unvote him, it was because no one else had joined me, so my vote was useless if I kept it where it was. It had nothing to do with you or your suspicion on me.

It's fine if you're still sus of me, but it might be more accurate to say that it's gut from D1 stuff : P

You're right. I just thought it was kind of weird that you attacked me instead of defending yourself.

38 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

You're right. I just thought it was kind of weird that you attacked me instead of defending yourself.

I mean, I was kinda doing both--seeing as I was sussing you for the reasoning you used on me, which did involve at least somewhat explaining why that reasoning didn't work :P 

2 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

My reads thus far:

Mat: Mild Vil

Azmine: Very Vil

Illwei: Very Mild Elim

Archer: Vil

Quinn: Mild Elim

Szeth: Confirmed Vil :P

Dannex: Mild Elim

Jondesu: Null

Ash: Vil

Araris: Null

Vonn: Null

Pizza: Null

Books: Very Mild Vil

That's a lot of nulls for this far into the game

7 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

That's a lot of nulls for this far into the game

Pizza is too inactive to tell right now, and I was suspicious of Araris, but he just hasn’t done anything suspicious aside from two posts in D1, so I’m not sure what to think of him anymore. I need to read through some of Jondesu and Vonn’s posts and see if I can get a better read on them.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

People don't like to post suspicions at night as really all that does is draw Elim kills toward you.

... wait a minute... I've got an idea!

1 hour ago, Quintessential said:

What is it?

Seconded. What’s the idea?

Just to note, I will be taking an action tonight if anyone deigns to scan me.  Not specifying here what action that will be, however…. Please don't all scan me, though, that'd be a huge waste.

I'm scanning a randomly chosen person tonight.

9 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Yeah, that vote did seem a little weird to me too : P totally pointless, so it seemed more like avoiding a main train or intentionally projecting indecision than anything. Whether that could be a village move, idk, but I think those are usually elim-ish tells?

Any vote that I made would have been pointless since Jon was so far ahead of all the rest of the candidates, so I decided to use my vote to show my suspicion.

Journal of Thankful Dolittle
Geology Graduate at Miskatonic University

Forest Expedition
Day 44

(((writeup to be added later)))

Illwei has been killed! They were an Expeditioner with Iron Will! They had a Hidden Transcript

Jondesu has gone insane!
Matrim's Dice has gone insane!

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim’s Dice
  2. Gears Expeditioner Scribe
  3. Azmine_king
  4. Illwei Iron-willed Expeditioner
  5. Archer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander Expeditioner
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex
  10. Jondesu
  11. Ashbringer
  12. Araris Valerian
  13. Vonnegut
  14. PizzaPower55
  15. Flyingbooks

This turn will end Wednesday, May 5 at 5 p.m. PDT.

32 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

I scanned Mat, he tried to scan someone but went insane. I was not informed who. I think Illwei is a weird kill as they could be a possible mislynch.

I tried to scan Jondesu again :P.

Yeah, I was going to go back and look at what they said to see if I could try to figure something out. It also might be worthwhile to see who was pushing her death but idk. Right now I'd just vote on Jondesu again, but whoops I can't vote :D.

@Ashbringer, who did you protect? Yourself?