Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Dannex, y'all were pretty quiet last cycle, and didn't vote.

FYI I am going camping for the next 24-ish hours and I don’t know if I’ll have connection or not. Adiós.

Was camping, as I said.

just got back, will read thread and respond once done cleaning up

Edited by Dannex

Okay I'm posting this as soon as someone else posts:

We are more than 21 hours into this Day and this is what the VC looks like:

Jondesu (1): Matrim
Quinn (1): Szeth
Szeth (1): Quinn
Matrim (1): Jondesu

C'mon, you guys, there are 13 of us left and none of the active players have died (unless you count Gears, ig). We should have more than four votes and two pages of discussion by now smhhhh

Purely in the interest of maybe making something actually happen, Jondesu (Szeth). Basically I'm just sheeping Mat on this one : P Now discuss, please. PLEASE. You can even vote me if you want, I just want some kind of mildly productive conversation to happen : P

...is this one of those games that's being played entirely in PMs so I'm mostly missing it 'cause I only have 3 PMs and two of them are totally dead?

Oh, and another thing: @Azmine_king Illwei didn't tell you that you can talk at Night?

15 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Okay I'm posting this as soon as someone else posts:

We are more than 21 hours into this Day and this is what the VC looks like:

C'mon, you guys, there are 13 of us left and none of the active players have died (unless you count Gears, ig). We should have more than four votes and two pages of discussion by now smhhhh

Purely in the interest of maybe making something actually happen, Jondesu (Szeth). Basically I'm just sheeping Mat on this one : P Now discuss, please. PLEASE. You can even vote me if you want, I just want some kind of mildly productive conversation to happen : P

...is this one of those games that's being played entirely in PMs so I'm mostly missing it 'cause I only have 3 PMs and two of them are totally dead?

Oh, and another thing: @Azmine_king Illwei didn't tell you that you can talk at Night?

Can't quote an individual section on mobile for some reason but no, Illwei and I had minimal discussion last night.

Hello, I’ve been away and on mobile today. I have read the thread but can’t quote/comment yet, and won’t be able to for probably another three hours.

30 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Can't quote an individual section on mobile for some reason but no, Illwei and I had minimal discussion last night.

So you assumed that you could PM at night but not talk in the thread? Minimal suggests that it happened.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

So you assumed that you could PM at night but not talk in the thread? Minimal suggests that it happened.

PMing at night makes more sense than pming during the day, as private conversations usually happen during the night without am encryptor.

Edited by Azmine_king

8 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

PMing at night makes more sense than pming during the day, as private conversations usually happen during the night without am encryptor.

There have been a number of games here where PMs are only open at night.

Az, abandon everything you think about how mafia is played. 

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Quintessential said:

We're not that different smh

...okay maybe we are

1. Yes

2. You played on baby mafiascum, which is also...not a good reference point, especially the game you played :P. Im still not sure if it was actually bastard or if the GM was just...learning as he went :P. 

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

2. You played on baby mafiascum, which is also...not a good reference point, especially the game you played :P. Im still not sure if it was actually bastard or if the GM was just...learning as he went :P. 

Uh well apparently that person had GMd before so I think it was just unofficial bastard : P

Wow, I’ve picked up another vote. I don’t know what to say to this one other than why? Please at least give your own reasoning. Otherwise I’m gonna be suspicious, or at least it comes across as lazy and unhelpful. Mat feels like he’s stretching to come up with reasons, but at least he gave some.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Someone remind me to start responding to posts before the old threads are locked. 

How am I simultaneously "playing high visibility" and "flying under the radar"? -Ashbringer

As was said, you’ve the fifth highest post count, but in C1, the only evaluations you made were sussing Araris and poking Randby. It seems like an elim play to actively engage in the conversation without making enemies or being memorable. (Case in point, Quinn thinking you were inactive.) I'm curious to see who you think killed Gears, and if you've got any more reads. Also curious to see Ash's kill analysis.

This suggestion might be a bit too late to matter tonight, but I recommend that most of us should use Discover the Hidden spread across many targets so that we have a good chance of catching the elims in the act. -Flyingbooks

As for the Gears kill, they survived the last QF and MR, and they’re a hard guy to mis-exe and can be scary with their ISOs. I had them fourth on my list of predicted kills. Their death indicates this game had more than one scribe, as they used their action D1 to submit a secret vote, not a note for publication. That's interesting, because Randby's flip revealed we do have vanillas, although everyone appears to have one item. :O. I legitimately missed that Gears submitted a different action D1. Though the rules don't specifically say that the note submission is an action. (And if you would, I'd be curious to see the first three names on that list :P)

Comments above in bold, I took out the parts I didn't comment on at all.

3 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Just gotta say that the circles here were kinda ridiculous :P A voting on B who is voting on A, C voting on D who is voting on C.

28 minutes ago, PizzaPower55 said:

guys im gonna post something real soon im just reading through stuff

Alright :P Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

Does it not?

I mean, you went insane :P. So no, it doesn't.

Hello thread.  Thank you for not being as long to read as the previous one.

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

Vil slip accepted, welcome to towncore.

Can you further explain this?  I would have thought that an Elim would be MORE likely to not post during the night at all, because they'd be busy scheming with the other Elims.  

The votes so far today are... interesting.  And make me worry.  The "you voted for me, so I'll vote for YOU" stuff seems like village paranoia, and makes me wonder if there are any Elim involved in it at all.  Again I don't know the personalities... but y'all have been doing this for a long time, so would an Elim really be that reactive, rather than playing it cool?  

However, both the people who I've found to be shady based on tone (Mat and Szeth), are both involved in it with different people :/ 

Something else that occurs to me in light of the Randby vote, is who was feeling the most heat right before everyone suddenly started voting for Randby?  I need to go back and re-read, but if anyone has that info at their fingertips, that would be helpful...

10 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I’m here now!

what’s up

Edit: oh wait I have to go eat dinner never mind

Hi Szeth.  I'm worried that I'm reading too much into tone and focusing too much on you in my head.  

Convince me that I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, vonnegut said:

The votes so far today are... interesting.  And make me worry.  The "you voted for me, so I'll vote for YOU" stuff seems like village paranoia, and makes me wonder if there are any Elim involved in it at all.  Again I don't know the personalities... but y'all have been doing this for a long time, so would an Elim really be that reactive, rather than playing it cool?  

I mean... depends on the elim, right? In some ways elims are more reactive- they're more sensitive about being sussed and exed, while for villagers less so. But again this is something that really depends on the person and I feel like I should know everyone's meta better than I do after playing on the site for a year :P.

10 minutes ago, vonnegut said:

Something else that occurs to me in light of the Randby vote, is who was feeling the most heat right before everyone suddenly started voting for Randby?  I need to go back and re-read, but if anyone has that info at their fingertips, that would be helpful...

Ooooh I like this line of thinking. Have a village read for this line of thinking.

I'll check.

Edit:

@vonnegut- it was a three way tie (two votes each) between Dannex, Quinn, and Szeth, with 2-3 others each with one vote. Illwei and Araris posted Randby votes simultaneously at that point and then Quinn switched over as a semi self-pres.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

@Elandera, are we counting this?

Yup! I count quantity of content over quality of content because everyone's activity/participation level will vary. A single, single word post shows they're at least around, and that's all that's required by the filter, especially one that hits after two turns.