Lonely Worldhopper

KenzoBlue

Hi everyone! My name is Ethan I just joined the 17th shard yesterday. So far I have read the first Mistborn era and all 4 Stormlight Archives. I've tried and tried to get my friends to read the Cosmere books with no success yet. This has brought me here. There is way to much to discuss to have nobody to discuss it with! Warbreaker should be delivered to my house before the day is over so please no spoilers there!

30 minutes ago, the13thshard said:

Welcome! So far, who is your favorite character in the Cosmere?

That is a loaded question my friend. In Mistborn my favorite is Sazed/Harmony. In the Stormlight Archives it used to be Taravangian, but I think after reading RoW Navani takes the cake. Everyone likes a good action scene, but I absolutely thrive in the scientific study and technology advancement scenes. I love learning how everything works in these magnificent worlds Brandon creates. If I had to pick one to be my favorite overall though I think its Sazed. There's just something about his humble attitude that I love. Who is your favorite character?

3 hours ago, KenzoBlue said:

That is a loaded question my friend. In Mistborn my favorite is Sazed/Harmony. In the Stormlight Archives it used to be Taravangian, but I think after reading RoW Navani takes the cake. Everyone likes a good action scene, but I absolutely thrive in the scientific study and technology advancement scenes. I love learning how everything works in these magnificent worlds Brandon creates. If I had to pick one to be my favorite overall though I think its Sazed. There's just something about his humble attitude that I love. Who is your favorite character?

mine in mistborn has got to either be Kelsier, or Vin and in Stormlight it used to be Rock, but after Oathbringer I changed to Kal and Tien. 

also, welcome to the shard!

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

11 hours ago, KenzoBlue said:

Hi everyone! My name is Ethan I just joined the 17th shard yesterday. So far I have read the first Mistborn era and all 4 Stormlight Archives. I've tried and tried to get my friends to read the Cosmere books with no success yet. This has brought me here. There is way to much to discuss to have nobody to discuss it with! Warbreaker should be delivered to my house before the day is over so please no spoilers there!

Oooh Warbreaker is awesome.  No spoilers, but aside from Stormlight (because obviously), it's my favorite Cosmere work.  I'm dying for a sequel.  You will definitely enjoy :) 

You should do Mistborn Era 2 after that.  I'm shocked at how enjoyable it is (but very different from Mistborn Era 1).  

8 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

Thank you! Hmmm least favorite.... there is the obvious Moash but everyone hates Moash and I like to be more complex than that. I think my least favorite character is probably Adolin. I dont dislike Adolin, like he's a good guy. I just feel like where we're at in the series right now he hasn't offered as much to the story as others including Moash. Im sure Brandon has some things in store for him in the coming books though.

7 hours ago, vonnegut said:

Oooh Warbreaker is awesome.  No spoilers, but aside from Stormlight (because obviously), it's my favorite Cosmere work.  I'm dying for a sequel.  You will definitely enjoy :) 

You should do Mistborn Era 2 after that.  I'm shocked at how enjoyable it is (but very different from Mistborn Era 1).  

Mistborn era 2 (and the rest of the cosmere for that matter) is on the list. I'll probably read Mistborn era 2 right after Warbreaker. Only got to read like 50 pages of Warbreaker last night, but im already loving how full of color this world is. It's a completely different take on magic that I wasn't expecting and by the end of the book it might be my new favorite form of Investiture.

38 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Welcome to the Shard! If you could choose what kind of Allomancer (discluding Mistborns) you'd be, which would it be?

Thank you! I'd probably be a Tineye if I had the choice. I like the thought of having a heightened awareness and being able to see things in greater detail.

59 minutes ago, KenzoBlue said:

Thank you! I'd probably be a Tineye if I had the choice. I like the thought of having a heightened awareness and being able to see things in greater detail.

Welcome to the shard. If you like having a heightend awareness you might consider Bronze since they can detect investiture use and the really good ones can determine what is being used. My personal obsession is Aluminum for the qualities it can be used for. I don't dare say more until you finish alloy of law.

Era 2 is where I started with mistborn and I had to go back to Vin and Kelsier. You might try going to Arcanum unbound to get an overview of the whole cosmere.

I think my favorite character is Lyft, because she has such a unique take on things.

17 hours ago, BenduLuke said:

I think my favorite character is Lyft, because she has such a unique take on things.

Anything in Lyft's perspective is extremely fun to read. She has such a different and youthful way of looking at things that definitely make her chapters unique!

5 hours ago, KenzoBlue said:

Anything in Lyft's perspective is extremely fun to read. She has such a different and youthful way of looking at things that definitely make her chapters unique!

Have you read her Novella yet? Edgedancer it is both solo and in Arcanum Unbound.