Inquisitor can hear the Rhythms

Lesser spren

Inquisitors can here the rhythms

Evidence:

Brandon said the rhythms are a cosmere wide phenomenon

marsh said the spikes "throb [with pain]" and "are affected by his emotions"

the definition of "throb" is: beat or sound with a strong, regular rhythm; pulsate steadily

Kar linked different types of pain to emotions most notably "the pain of joy"

And finally, the most convincing piece of evidence is how strikingly similar, Ruins control of Marsh, and Odium's control of Eshonai were:

That of having their body, emotions, and very mind controlled by the shot, yet still able to reserve a small piece of themselves, able to break free of their control, if only for a moment.

There are people that talk about it in the RoW threads.

you can also use Copper to make it harder for a singer to attune a rhythm and it affects how a spren acts ( Coppermind)

12 minutes ago, Lesser spren said:

considering the implications toward soothing and rioting soothing and rioting,

What are these implications if I may ask?

You can use soothing and rioting to both change a persons emotional state  and control a person. Since when a singer attunes a rhythm they influence there own emotions and since the link and between inquisitiors and forms of power are so strong, I posit that soothing and rioting are actually external forms of attuning rhythms. That could mean that humans are not oly affected by the rhythms and could have all of their emotions derive entirely from the rhythms, even if they can't hear it. A bit of a leap in logic, but it fits.

Could a Soother prevent a listener from attuning a given rhythm?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

No. A coppercloud could, but I hadn't thought about emotional allomancy interacting. See, the rhythm isn't your emotion and doesn't determine your mood. It is a direct connection to the spiritual realm. So I guess soothing could make it harder just like it makes anything harder, in the same way that driving a car would be harder. [recording starts here] And so, for the same reasons that you can, um, it is possible that a coppercloud can play with it. Not a normal power of a coppercloud, but you’ve seen them do stuff similar.

I don’t know if this fits with your theory

1 hour ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I don’t know if this fits with your theory

Thanks for showing me this!

It does fly in the face of my theory a little bit, but emotional Allomancy HAS shown a spiritual element to it in the form of controlling hemalurgic constructs.

Perhaps emotional allomancy IS enforcing a rhythm, just one with a particular effect on the person expirencing it. Just like how the song of prayer summons voidlight

This statement does send my head spinning with questions

If a singer that was a Seeker misting, could they start attuning the pulse they sense when someone burns steel?

Could a duralmin enhanced emotional allomancer take control of a Singer?

How does form taken and rhythm attuned affect the amount of spikes a Singer would need to be controled?

Would a hemalurgic spike in a Singer need to touch the gem heart to be effective?

Is a Singer's sentice-granting investiture kept in their gemheart?

Is that why Eshonai and Venli had to take a void spren into their hearts to be controled?

Edited by Lesser spren

On 4/19/2021 at 4:20 AM, Lesser spren said:

Inquisitors can here the rhythms

Evidence:

Brandon said the rhythms are a cosmere wide phenomenon

marsh said the spikes "throb [with pain]" and "are affected by his emotions"

the definition of "throb" is: beat or sound with a strong, regular rhythm; pulsate steadily

Kar linked different types of pain to emotions most notably "the pain of joy"

And finally, the most convincing piece of evidence is how strikingly similar, Ruins control of Marsh, and Odium's control of Eshonai were:

That of having their body, emotions, and very mind controlled by the shot, yet still able to reserve a small piece of themselves, able to break free of their control, if only for a moment.

We knew but didn't realize there were such clear examples in-text! Thanks for posting this,  @Lesser spren!