Hi fellow shard watchers!

Kronvic

Joined this forum as my love of these books has transcended normal polite conversation. Hopefully I'll find people similarly crippled here! Only 3 quarters done with 'Rhythm of War' but I think easily the best so far. Not to sound trite, I hope, but the story has found it's rhythm. The insight into the listeners past and the lead up to the war is brilliant and, for me, fills a gap that I didn't realise was there... oh the chasms we leap! Love to all my radiant people :)

5 minutes ago, Kronvic said:

Joined this forum as my love of these books has transcended normal polite conversation. Hopefully I'll find people similarly crippled here! Only 3 quarters done with 'Rhythm of War' but I think easily the best so far. Not to sound trite, I hope, but the story has found it's rhythm. The insight into the listeners past and the lead up to the war is brilliant and, for me, fills a gap that I didn't realise was there... oh the chasms we leap! Love to all my radiant people :)

Welcome to the Shard, Kronvic! I have a very hard time talking about books in a way that people can understand what I'm saying, so having the opportunity to type it out here before I "say" is very helpful. Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

Yep, totally! As soon as you say "fantasy but it's actually brilliant" people have already tuned out. So far I'd have to say Lift, however Teft has a certain personal resonance. I'm actually getting a little bored of Kaladin's moaning, he was awesome and still should be. I've not finished RoW yet so I'm hoping it's the stress that makes him say the 4th ideal and finally get his plate!

4 minutes ago, Kronvic said:

I'm fairly new to the cosmere, only done the stormlight archives but fully intend to read the others in painful wait for the next installment. Am I correct in thinking that B. Sanderson said he intends stormlight to be a series of 10?!

Yes that is correct.

it will be basically be 2 series though with 2 different arcs 5 and 5 but it’s all SA

It will be finished in... say 30 years :wacko:

By the way please don’t double post ( this is when you post twice without anyone posting in between) simply edit your last post and add what you want to say.

Welcome to the Shard!!!

4 hours ago, Kronvic said:

Welcome to the Shard! Oh wow, not trite at all, that's new and that's a good one, :lol:. Yeah, I'm really happy with the direction Brandon has taken with Venli, though the flashbacks are not as great as Way of Kings or Oathbringer, mostly because we already knew quite a bit about the Listeners from Eshonai & Venli's interludes in the prev two books but the insight into their character & motivations was great. This isn't Rhythm of War spoiler boards so can't go into more details than that. Hope to see you around on the forums!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Wonderful response, thanks! In responding to both questions I'd have to go wind runner (come on, you can fly!) But also conversely I'd have to name, sadly, Kaladin as my least favourite at the moment. I'm reading slow, still good few chapters shy of finishing. I'm hoping for some direction and revelation from our favourite bridge boy! Shallan, newly recombined has to be my current favourite and ...blah... I should finish the damn book.

Glad to have found and joined such a fantastic community of like minded (if only on one thing) people! I hope you and yours are all virus free, safe, and experiencing the same ease in lockdown we are getting in the UK.