The Night of Sorrows

Green chicken

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Then why did you say he didn't care?

@mathiau brought it up I responded

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

And on top of this how is Odium going to talk to Gavilnor?

He's going to be in Urithiru which is now fully functional, Odium has so far only been able to speak to people connected to him and all but maybe once, they where already halfway between realms or in the Everstorm.

i assume there will be a way. Maybe there’s a spy in the tower. Maybe Gavinor will go on a walk, details are irrelevant because it’s very possible for Taravangian to reach him if he wants to. He doesn’t need to talk to him personally 

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

i assume there will be a way. Maybe there’s a spy in the tower. Maybe Gavinor will go on a walk, details are irrelevant because it’s very possible for Taravangian to reach him if he wants to. He doesn’t need to talk to him personally 

A human spy? the only ones who are on Odium's side will have nowhere hear the amount of influence needed to get close, Gavilnor going on a walk seems far too unlikely.

And no it does not seem very possible, not even plausible.

Humans fought on the side of the Enemy a lot.

And with the amount of refugees coming in it would be laughabley easy to get into Urithuru undetected.

And from there it’s only a small step to get close to Gavinor and his governess and start talking, planting some seeds and cultivating a hatred for Dalinar. Everyone will be extremely busy preparing and he will be practically alone
if anyone can do it Taravangian can

1 minute ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Humans fought on the side of the Enemy a lot.

All the ethnic groups that are right now will stand out

And from there it’s only a small step to get close to Gavinor and his governess and start talking, planting some seeds and cultivating a hatred for Dalinar. Everyone will be extremely busy preparing and he will be practically alone

And no one is going to notice? Gavilnor won't say anything?

The Sibling won't notice?

The Governess won't notice?

It's a stretch.

I mean they’ll notice. But with everything going on who cares that someone is talking to Gavinor.

I doubt the Governess will take any initiative to stop someone from talking.

And there may be ways to stop the Sibling from hearing what’s going on, maybe some arrangements of Aluminum 

It would make some great part one interludes and some chapters

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

All the ethnic groups that are right now will stand out

It’s very possible that a few Alethi will defect. An entire 10th ( probably a lot less now) of Alethkar has some pent up anger and desire for revenge against Dalinar (Sadeas)

37 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

By the time Kaladin flies back to Alethkar after the battle at Thaylen City, Gavinor appears to be three or four years old, with chapped lips, haunted eyes, and is dressed in rags.[1]

-Coppermind

So he’s probably 5 now or around that age

Ok, the "born" line of Gavinor page had a mistake then. I fixed it

Calm down.

I'm calm, just annoyed

So what proof do you have that Dalinar finds a 5 year old to young to fight.

He's a good person

He can’t be a champion because he won’t be willing, that was the point.

Reread what I said you're not answering to what I actually said

26 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

@mathiau brought it up I responded

And how about answering the question that was actually asked? Why did you say he didn't care

That's a lot of work for something that's not even that much in Taravangian's favour. Taravangian would largely prefer a win to a draw

23 minutes ago, Frustration said:

A human spy? the only ones who are on Odium's side will have nowhere hear the amount of influence needed to get close, Gavilnor going on a walk seems far too unlikely.

And no it does not seem very possible, not even plausible.

Odium could have spies in the tower, Iri people saying they fled from Odium for example. They'd probably not be able to reach Gavinor though

17 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Gavinor will never be left practically alone he's the heir to a storming kingdom

Before using that kind of argument you have to prove that someone can

15 minutes ago, Frustration said:

The Sibling won't notice?

Of that list that's the only one who might not notice

9 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I mean they’ll notice. But with everything going on who cares that someone is talking to Gavinor.

I doubt the Governess will take any initiative to stop someone from talking.

But she will listen

And there may be ways to stop the Sibling from hearing what’s going on, maybe some arrangements of Aluminum 

Is this a storming joke? If you made something to stop the Sibling to sense a zone -especially one where Gavinor is- he will notice it and send people investigate

Edited by mathiau

2 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Gavinor will never be left practically alone he's the hair to a storming kingdom

*heir

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Of that list that's the only one who might not notice

The Sibling seems to be aware of everything that's going on inside the tower.

6 minutes ago, mathiau said:

He's a good person

He’s Alethi their born to fight. And nothing in the contract says the person can’t be underage they only have to understand 

Gavinor will never be left practically alone he's the hair to a storming kingdom

So who’s going to watch him... a governess who can easily be circumvented by a competent spy.

Before using that kind of argument you have to prove that someone can

Someone can just start talking to him maybe under the pretext of playing or something

But she will listen

It’s not her job to evesdrop on all his conversations 

Is this a storming joke? If you made something to stop the Sibling to sense a zone -especially one where Gavinor is- he will notice it and send people investigate

Ok fine but I don’t think the Sibling is Omnipresent in his tower. Just he can listen in on specific places unless I’m wrong

if he could hear everything he would have known what the Fused were doing to the nodes much sooner.

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

heir

I actually didn’t notice this until you pointed it out :P

So who’s going to watch him... a governess who can easily be circumvented by a competent spy.

Someone can just start talking to him maybe under the pretext of playing or something

She's in charge of keeping him safe and teaching him, you aren't getting between Mama bear and her cub.

Just now, Frustration said:

She's in charge of keeping him safe and teaching him, you aren't getting between Mama bear and her cub.

She’s a babysitter not a mom. She’ll keep an eye out see if he’s trustworthy ( which a spy always seems if he’s good) then he’ll have a innocent conversation 

She’s a babysitter not a mom. She’ll keep an eye out see if he’s trustworthy ( which a spy always seems if he’s good) then he’ll have a innocent conversation 

He's the Prince, a random person isn't going to be trusted near him.

5 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

He’s Alethi their born to fight.

Even the Blackthorn sometime spared children, and the current Dalinar hates war, he would not accept using a 5 years in a war

And nothing in the contract says the person can’t be underage they only have to understand

He can't understand because he's underage.

No, they just can't

She won't need to evesdrop she'll closer to Gavinor that the hypothetical spy cause if she was not she'd not be able to help against would-be assassins

Ok fine but I don’t think the Sibling is Omnipresent in his tower. Just he can listen in on specific places unless I’m wrong

if he could hear everything he would have known what the Fused were doing to the nodes much sooner.

He is Omnipresent in the tower because he is the tower. Now is he omniscient? Maybe not but definitely more than before bounding Navani

I actually didn’t notice this until you pointed it out :P

Same, as you can probably tell :P

She's basically a substitute mom, that's how medival nurse worked.

5 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Under the watchful eye (but not ears) of a governess they will

There's no way she's going far enough from Gav that she can't hear what's happening

30 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Even the Blackthorn sometime spared children, and the current Dalinar hates war, he would not accept using a 5 years in a war

He doesn’t have to accept it since the contract does not stipulate an age

30 minutes ago, mathiau said:

He can't understand because he's underage.

A mature 5 year old can grasp concepts, and Gavinor is a mature boy

31 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Maybe not but definitely more than before bounding Navani

Why would he spend all his time evesdropping on random 2 minute conversation Gavinor has

32 minutes ago, mathiau said:

There's no way she's going far enough from Gav that she can't hear what's happening

He would whisper while playing with blocks.

All I saying is that it’s possible someone can talk to Gavinor and it’s possible that someone could be a spy

41 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Under the watchful eye (but not ears) of a governess they will

The Secret Service doesn't leave the President alone, and you don't let some rando walk up to and have a discussion with the prince, that just isn't how it works.

21 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

He doesn’t have to accept it since the contract does not stipulate an age

I don't see why that matter. Odium and Dalinar have to follow both the words and the spirit of the contract, and the spirit of the contract say to use actual warriors that were not tricked into fighting this duel

A mature 5 year old can grasp concepts, and Gavinor is a mature boy

Yes. Not that grasping concept is enough to qualify as a willing champion

Why would he spend all his time evesdropping on random 2 minute conversation Gavinor has

They can definitely check on more than one part of the tower at once

(the Sibling is a "they" by the way)

He would whisper while playing with blocks.

I'm not sure even Kaladin would be allowed to do that

All I saying is that it’s possible someone can talk to Gavinor and it’s possible that someone could be a spy

I'm saying it's impossible

Anyway, a question we should have asked ourselves far earlier, what purpose would sending Gavinor fight fulfil for Todium? It might force a draw (remember that Todium can't know whether Dalinar would kill Gavinor to save the world or not) but a draw is not what Todium wants, he wants to win. He will probably send a champion that would be able to force a draw instead of letting Dalinar win, but he will definitely send a champion that has a chance of winning.

Edited by mathiau

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

don't see why that matter. Odium and Dalinar have to follow both the words and the spirit of the contract, and the spirit of the contract say to use actual warriors that were not tricked into fighting this duel

Are you sure about that? Rayse said that but never made an oath, Taravangian never agreed to anything.

2 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Yes. Not that grasping concept is enough to qualify as a willing champion

Understanding is something he can do I believe he’s mature enough

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I'm not even sure Kaladin would be allowed to do that

Ok what if he befriended the Governess then you get close to Gavinor

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I'm saying it's impossible

Agree to disagree

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Anyway, a question we should have asked ourselves far earlier, what purpose would sending Gavinor fight fulfil for Todium? It might force a draw (remember that Todium can't know whether Dalinar would kill Gavinor to save the world or not) but a draw is not what Todium wants, he wants to win. He will probably send a champion that would be able to force a draw instead of letting Dalinar win, but he will definitely send a champion that has a chance of winning.

I think he wants to win without killing Dalinar and making him a fused against his will.

Save them all

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

If Gavinor walks to the top of Urithiru then Dalinar refuses to fight.

I assume this would release Taravangian on the Cosmere and everyone would be alive

That would not release Taravangian, the things done by Honour would still be there