If this is about the crew, then they'd be left heartbroken and lost (especially Elend). Vin played a big role in their plans, and if she just vanished, well, it'll be chaotic. Scadrial would be messed up so bad, and I think you can guess why.

If this is about what would've happened in their relationship, they would have been toxic af. Also I suspect Ruin would possess one of them and turn them against the other. 

Edited by caramel_

Since Vin was exactly where Ruin needed her to be 8n order to free him, I have always wondered why he told her to leave with Zane. There's a possibility for a very dark story there with him twisting both of them. But then I've also wondered why Ruin told her to be with Elend at the end of TFE. That relationship helped her grow in ways that were counter to what Ruin believed.

3 hours ago, Winter Wolf said:

Since Vin was exactly where Ruin needed her to be 8n order to free him, I have always wondered why he told her to leave with Zane. There's a possibility for a very dark story there with him twisting both of them. But then I've also wondered why Ruin told her to be with Elend at the end of TFE. That relationship helped her grow in ways that were counter to what Ruin believed.

He actually told her not to go with Elend. She decided to go with Elend anyway.

11 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He actually told her not to go with Elend. She decided to go with Elend anyway.

Vin decided that she didn't deserve to be with Elend and started to leave before remembering that her brother had died protecting her. Then a whispered voice in her mind said, "Go back." Then she listened to the voice and went back to Elend.

2 hours ago, Winter Wolf said:

Vin decided that she didn't deserve to be with Elend and started to leave before remembering that her brother had died protecting her. Then a whispered voice in her mind said, "Go back." Then she listened to the voice and went back to Elend.

You’re right; I’d forgotten about that. I think there’s a WoB about why somewhere, but I don’t recall it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 5:45 PM, Winter Wolf said:

Since Vin was exactly where Ruin needed her to be 8n order to free him, I have always wondered why he told her to leave with Zane.

You know, I never wondered about this before, but that's a very good question.

Vin needed to be "selfless" to free Ruin. If she'd adopted Zane's "we have the powers, we should use them!" viewpoint, she'd have taken the power for herself as TLR did.

But maybe Ruin had another "branch" of his plans that we just didn't get to see.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, BaconLord said:

By law of writing Brandon cannot have done that, but if he did Elend would become very similar to Kelsier both have their girlfriend/Wife betray them.

But Mare didn't betray Kelsier.

and there are no laws to writing, only guidelines

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

But Mare didn't betray Kelsier.

and there are no laws to writing, only guidelines

there are laws at least to respectable Authors 

Example: you can't just say " and then they all died, end of story".

and Vin didn't betray Elend 

Edited by BaconLord
becuase

there are laws at least to respectable Authors 

Example: you can't just say " and then they all died, end of story".

Oh you can, you just have to do it right.

and Vin didn't betray Elend 

then why bring up that it couldn't be like Kelsier?

3 hours ago, BaconLord said:

And how would you do that???

Star Wars Spoilers

Spoiler

At the end of Rogue One, all of the main characters from that squadron die, but they accomplished the mission and it works well within the overall plot of Star Wars. 

22 hours ago, Frustration said:

do it in the middle, or beining, it's all about how you do it, very rarly is what you do important.

true, so like you could in the middle of the story kill of all of the characters except side characters which become mains.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

true, so like you could in the middle of the story kill of all of the characters except side characters which become mains.

or have everyone become a zombie, or something else entirly.