Who is Trell?

So, Recently I've been reading White sand and Mistborn and I noticed that White sand had a construction worker named Trell, and in the Mistborn Original trilogy Sazed mentioned a religion that worshipped Trell. also I haven't read Wax and Wayne, but I've been told there's a guy named Trell who might be a shard. My theory is Autonomy.

On 4/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

So, Recently I've been reading White sand and Mistborn and I noticed that White sand had a construction worker named Trell, and in the Mistborn Original trilogy Sazed mentioned a religion that worshipped Trell. also I haven't read Wax and Wayne, but I've been told there's a guy named Trell who might be a shard. My theory is Autonomy.

Can I just say I love your name and Avatar?

Edited by Argent
updated quote username

The Trell that is referenced on Scadrial is confirmed to be a Shard, and one of the Nine we knew of at the time, per WOB. Process of elimination the strongest candidate is Autonomy.  Whether there is a connection to the mortal of the same name is a topic of on-going speculation.

EDIT:  My personal favorite Tinfoil Theory is that Trell is some sort of splinter personality or rival Avatar to Sazed, embodying the Discord aspect.  I dont think anyone else is convinced though.

Chaos

I'm sorry Brandon, you might RAFO me.

*written* For the metal in Bleeder, is it from a Shard we know?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh no… You drove all this way, that's what makes me. Eric comes and he's like--

Chaos

You RAFO'd me at Words of Radiance--

Brandon Sanderson

I know.

Chaos

--I asked you a question that was too much.

Brandon Sanderson

…you push, yeah… There you are you got your answer. You got me.

*writes* Yes.

Footnote: at that time we knew 9 Shards: Devotion, Dominion, Preservation, Ruin, Odium, Honor, Cultivation, Endowment, and Autonomy
Shadows of Self release party (Oct. 5, 2015)

Edited by Quantus