Surges and Ashyn

Oltux72

In hindsight RoW does tell us something about what the Radiants knew about the past. The stones remember. And Mraize confirmed us that Radiants are bound to the Rosharan system, yet that means the other planets of the system are in principle reachable. That includes Ashyn. At a minimum they must have observed Ashyn from the CR. Hence I cannot see how they could forget the story of the destruction of Ashyn and the origin of man on Roshar. They just needed to ask a rock in a dawn city and it will become clear.
So I wonder why Honor telling them about the fate of Ashyn did have much of an effect. What is the part we do not understand?

I don't see how the Rosharan stones would know exactly what happened on Ashyn.

On the other hand it's possible they had an idea of what happened and sometimes talked about it which pushed the Radiant to do research on what happened and find what happened.

Also don't forget Honour also promised them they would destroy Roshar.

On 14.4.2021 at 11:15 AM, mathiau said:

I don't see how the Rosharan stones would know exactly what happened on Ashyn.

They wouldn't. But they would always tell the story of how man arrived on Roshar. Any Rosharan with Stoneshaping and an ounce of historical interest.cannot consider man native to Roshar.
The stones may not tell them whence man came, but would they really have a limited capacity for worldhopping and not look at the other planets of their stellar system? With an order of Radiants active i exploration?

• 1 month later...

The stones would remember that humans arrived from elsewhere. RoW and recent WoBs seem to indicate that the Recreance wasn't just an emotional response but a plan. We're still missing some critical info.

I recall the Stormfather mentioning in OB that when Honor was there, he consoled the Radiants who discovered the truth of the human Voidbringers and the native Parsh people.

12 hours ago, Honorless said:

I recall the Stormfather mentioning in OB that when Honor was there, he consoled the Radiants who discovered the truth of the human Voidbringers and the native Parsh people.

Yes, but why was this ever necessary? Why did they not mention it in their "Radianting 101" in Urithiru? How could any educated Rosharan prior to the Recreance not know?

1 hour ago, Oltux72 said:

Yes, but why was this ever necessary? Why did they not mention it in their "Radianting 101" in Urithiru? How could any educated Rosharan prior to the Recreance not know?

Probably forgotten due to the Desolations and knowledge not distributed by the Knights Radiant after Aharietiam.

1 minute ago, Honorless said:

Probably forgotten due to the Desolations and knowledge not distributed by the Knights Radiant after Aharietiam.

With Singers still in full command of their mental faculties and memories?

2 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

With Singers still in full command of their mental faculties and memories?

I'm sure racial tension and screams of heresy and "Voidbringers" the same way medieval Earthlings screamed "demons" or "witches" solved that problem

10 minutes ago, Honorless said:

I'm sure racial tension and screams of heresy and "Voidbringers" the same way medieval Earthlings screamed "demons" or "witches" solved that problem

Well, half-way. It may certainly make sure that they did not believe it, but they still must have known the theory. And even so, if your own theology says that you come from the Tranquiline Halls, claiming that you are not natve to a planet is not all that heretic.