Interactions with Taldaine stuff

Oltux72

Taldaine is the odd relative everybody pays lips service to, but never visits.So let's go at it

• You make an arrowhead out of Terken and shoot a Fused or Knight Radiant with it
  • You are wearing armor coated with Terken. You go to Threnody, light a fire and kill a small mammal to roast on it
  • You throw Black Sand at Rashek in his young state. Will it go white?
  • You shower a Kandra with Black Sand. Will it go white?
  • You lead a Seeker to a Sandling's pit. Does he sense anything?
  • Can a Seeker sense the Sun with allomancy on Taldaine?

We don't even know how terken works: is it like aluminium in gen or aluminium in Allomancy, is it like a certain something in RoW, is it like a Larkin or Leecher, so it's difficult to tell.

Sandlings are definitely breaking the square-cube law, I'm thinking they're Invested and it should be a continuous effect that can be detected by black sand? Cosmere doesn't have a one-and-done kind of magic fuel when it comes to breaking the laws of physics, those cases all required continuous application of Investiture as far as I can recall.

Rashek, on the other hand, I think no, it's not a continuous process but it does still require Investiture so the Spiritual Identity doesn't do a self-correction on the Physical body. Besides it's Feruchemy, I think this would require Connection hack to access the Investiture from the metalminds. No idea about the Kandra.

I think Sandlings are Invested, so I say yes, Seekers can sense them. Can Seekers sense an entire Shard? They can sense Perpendicularities but an entire Shard (or close enough to it) might be a bit much. There's a possibility these it might be too high frequency for them to be able to detect. But I think that they should be able to do it. We haven't seen them do anything on a comparable level because entities like that haven't really been seen on Scadrial, and the Shards themselves are mostly in the Spiritual Realm, Taldain's sun is in the Physical Realm. Hmm... could Vin detect Ruin whenever he manifested a body? 

On 4/13/2021 at 5:57 AM, Honorless said:

We don't even know how terken works: is it like aluminium in gen or aluminium in Allomancy, is it like a certain something in RoW, is it like a Larkin or Leecher, so it's difficult to tell.

Sandlings are definitely breaking the square-cube law, I'm thinking they're Invested and it should be a continuous effect that can be detected by black sand? Cosmere doesn't have a one-and-done kind of magic fuel when it comes to breaking the laws of physics, those cases all required continuous application of Investiture as far as I can recall.

Rashek, on the other hand, I think no, it's not a continuous process but it does still require Investiture so the Spiritual Identity doesn't do a self-correction on the Physical body. Besides it's Feruchemy, I think this would require Connection hack to access the Investiture from the metalminds. No idea about the Kandra.

I think Sandlings are Invested, so I say yes, Seekers can sense them. Can Seekers sense an entire Shard? They can sense Perpendicularities but an entire Shard (or close enough to it) might be a bit much. There's a possibility these it might be too high frequency for them to be able to detect. But I think that they should be able to do it. We haven't seen them do anything on a comparable level because entities like that haven't really been seen on Scadrial, and the Shards themselves are mostly in the Spiritual Realm, Taldain's sun is in the Physical Realm. Hmm... could Vin detect Ruin whenever he manifested a body? 

Vin could detect Ruin.