This might be late.

Kered

As the title implies I apologize in advance if this is already common knowledge. Haven’t been on the forums lately and just wanted to share just in case. 

Heard this little nug during the epigraph of Ch. 64 of RoW. The epigraph where Reboni talks about Taladain sand and the chain she obtained from the land of the dead(she probably means shadesmar) that can anchor someone in a cognitive anomalies. And it straight up blew my mind in the middle of Target. 

I’m thinking this must be the same chain that Kaladin saw in OB while in Shadesmar. At first I thought was just a cool Easter egg. Then I remembered the “cognitive anomaly” on the Nalthis system chart, a subject Brandon/Issac have been cagey on. 

So, now my question is this. Is Brandon using this chain as far cast foreshadowing for years down the line to have Kaladin(or any character) surge swan dive into a cosmere black hole tethered to a silver chain from some spren pawn shop? 

Syl: This is not what I signed up for....

Kaladin: Journey before destination. 

Syl: We really need to amend the by-laws. 

Edited by Kered