Here's a more realistic example of it. Keep in mind this only includes Elim kill, and with exes thrown in there, it would be obliterated twice as fast.

Beginning of game:

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

P11

P12

P13

P14

After round one:

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

P11

P12

P13

P14

After round two:

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

P11

P12

P13

P14

After round three:

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

P11

P12

P13

P14

After round four:

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

P11

P12

P13

P14

After round five:

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

P11

P12

P13

P14

That's only including elim kills. With the exe, the PM situation would be even worse at that point. 

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

That's only including elim kills. With the exe, the PM situation would be even worse at that point. 

I mean, that's actually the best case scenario. Either we don't coordinate, and there probably end up being less than 14 PMs, or we coordinate in-thread but sometimes have more than two PMs per player, in which case they can be eliminated even faster : P

If we have two PMs per person though, we also have personal choice thrown into the mix. Generally that means people are more likely to talk to people who will talk back, meaning we have an information flow that isn't guaranteed if you force people. If we do go the PM the person below you route, we should only exe people who are next to people who are already dead on the player list since the PM chain won't be interrupted by the exe that way. I don't think there's any perfect way to do this, so we should go with the way that allows more choice and better flow of information. 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

If we do go the PM the person below you route, we should only exe people who are next to people who are already dead on the player list since the PM chain won't be interrupted by the exe that way.

Well, we aren’t really doing this so we can have chain messages, we just want to have effective PM spread. Why would we need chain mail?

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

If we have two PMs per person though, we also have personal choice thrown into the mix. Generally that means people are more likely to talk to people who will talk back, meaning we have an information flow that isn't guaranteed if you force people. If we do go the PM the person below you route, we should only exe people who are next to people who are already dead on the player list since the PM chain won't be interrupted by the exe that way. I don't think there's any perfect way to do this, so we should go with the way that allows more choice and better flow of information. 

AUGH! I want to say something but don't want to cause an IKYK! This has happened to me in (at least almost) every game I've played so far!

Just now, Gneorndin said:

AUGH! I want to say something but don't want to cause an IKYK! This has happened to me in (at least almost) every game I've played so far!

You may as well say it, I'm sure we're all capable of handling an IKYK now and then :P 

Just now, Quintessential said:

You may as well say it, I'm sure we're all capable of handling an IKYK now and then :P 

Aright then.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

If we commit to this the Elims will make sure not to NK people "next to" them and we might be able to find them that way. By looking at who should have died according to the pattern the Elims set but hasn't.

Just now, Gneorndin said:

Aright then.

If we commit to this the Elims will make sure not to NK people "next to" them and we might be able to find them that way. By looking at who should have died according to the pattern the Elims set but hasn't.

That could be something we could look at if someone seems suspicious, but I would prefer to not use that as a reason to kill someone until it becomes incredibly unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, Gneorndin said:

It's a thought (or, it was before you said it for everyone to see :P), but I generally err on the side of caution and ignore these things mostly--they could just be coincidences, and even more importantly, the elims might think of them too. 

Village reading Tani for this, though.

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

You, Archer, a little bit Tani, and Dannex, you and Tani are gut reads and Archer and Dannex feel village mostly because of their ideas, I see them as wrong, but village. 

That's more or less what I'd gotten as well :) less so on Archer, but that's just because he's harder to read imo. He manages to sound pretty reasonable as elim too, so I don't necessarily trust my early reads of him so much lol. But yeah, I have you (for the comment about trusts, as it happens), Tani, Dannex, and to a lesser extent Archer as fairly village. 

this is way more fun than thunderdoming with Illwei xD I should try this more often...

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

You, Archer, a little bit Tani, and Dannex, you and Tani are gut reads and Archer and Dannex feel village mostly because of their ideas, I see them as wrong, but village. 

Wow, actually being read vil during cycle 1, this never happens to me.

1 hour ago, Dannex said:

Wregueuardwing

Actually it's spelled Gneordien ;)

Archer is totally an Elim. Not a poke/joke vote, just the strongest gut read I’ve ever had.

I'm really struggling to figure out why you're gut reading me as an elim. If it's any help, that post was a pre-write. I'll go against the grain and say ah ha! Your suspicions are performative! Gottem. 

54 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

I don't know about the votes. Voting the same as we do in-thread is probably the best, but... that's kind of boring. 

As I alluded to earlier, I believe that the elims benefit more from limited accountability than the village does. At least if the exe is decided in public, we can debate its merits. Otherwise, it'll be a moot point, a bunch of people discussing their reasons for exing someone who has already flipped. 

Enter my request that people at least post their top suspicions. Name three people you might exe, make a public record of your reasons. That way the elims have to at least come up with reasonable excuses to exe their target. Otherwise they can just say afterwards that so and so was sus and I switched to them at last minute, my bad. 

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

That is why we should just say who we're going to PM in thread.

I'm undecided whether we should declare who we plan to PM or not. We'd benefit by maximizing our PMs, but odds are there will be little overlap anyway. I'd like to be able to spot who is e-e versus who is a PM buddy with someone, so having information would be good. But I don't think it's vital information to have right now, as it isn't likely to be relevant very soon. 

But hey, I just found out I'll have a PM buddy, so yay

20 minutes ago, Gneorndin said:

Aright then.

Good observation. 

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

If it's any help, that post was a pre-write. 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if that is genuinely the truth, it does explain a lot of the small things that felt off. 

Archer.........for now.:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

If it's any help, that post was a pre-write.

22 minutes ago, Dannex said:

if that is genuinely the truth, it does explain a lot of the small things that felt off. 

Oh! yeah I can back this up lol I was on the thread as soon as it was posted and I'd barely finished poke-voting Liranil when Archer's post went up. There's a possibility he wrote it between getting his GM PM and when the thread was posted, I suppose, but I... don't really see why he'd do that :P I'd have pointed this out myself when Dannex voted Archer originally, but I'd forgotten : P

Edit: wait that means my Archer village read was based on a pre-written post oops I'm rescinding that for the moment xD

Edited by Quintessential

2 hours ago, Dannex said:

Ello all.

Archer is totally an Elim.

Not a poke/joke vote, just the strongest gut read I’ve ever had.

I think making a PM with the person above you on the player list would be the easiest way to do this, but we can still get some coordination just by saying who you’re going to PM. 

Was going to say how it probably was a prewrite, Archer already did though.

You can coordinate whatever, but I’m gonna PM who I want to PM :P And I’m not saying who I did either :P. At least not right away.

1 hour ago, Dannex said:

Also, I just had a great idea for if this game is ever rerun. Don’t give the Elims a doc. They know who each other are, but they don’t have a doc.

My QF that I’ll run at some point has that mechanic, don’t steal it :P 

Litterally havent looked at anything yet except the first three posts, to which i say: sorry to disappoint, Archer, but idk if im going to be on enough to have educated votes but we'll see :P.

Dont ask me to explain this yet, ill elaborate more if i still feel this way after reading everything - I dont like mat rn

(If i see someone asking me to explain this i will personally hunt you down and steal your computer. I would say "kill you", but im on the look for a new computer rn)

Anyways, just posting bc i didnt have time at the beginning of the cycle, but im working all this weekend from 8-3 So that means oll be checking thread at the *earliest* 3PST/6EST so as far as live thread discussion thats about it. Probably wont be able to talk until about 4/7 more realistically so-. Just fri-sun and wednesday though so otherwise we all good. 

I dont like using bluetext but i will theoretically bluetext any of that if people think this is my trying to pull of the *epic* Inactive Elim strat which involves me claiming to be busy and then immediately killed from it :P.

Just dropped by to say that, someone please post before i get home in like...uh...hour? Hour and a half? Two hours? Idk who knows. But please so i dont have to edit anything in to this post and can post something else :P. 

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Just dropped by to say that, someone please post before i get home in like...uh...hour? Hour and a half? Two hours? Idk who knows. But please so i dont have to edit anything in to this post and can post something else :P. 

Sure

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Dont ask me to explain this yet, ill elaborate more if i still feel this way after reading everything - I dont like mat rn

(If i see someone asking me to explain this i will personally hunt you down and steal your computer. I would say "kill you", but im on the look for a new computer rn)

Well dang, what am I supposed to put here then...?

I'll just point out the 'yet' and say I'm waiting :P 

Kiel walked into the Hastings mansion. It looked good, but nothing could surpass the beauty of Urithiru for him.

He walked up to the bar and picked a glass of wine.

Life spoke up as he took the first sip. So, this is where Mraize wanted us? Kiel nodded

He had worldhopped all the way round to Scadrial only to save that Hastings, he wished he knew why he was so important to save, but Mraize seldom told anyone more than they needed to know.

Well then, He thought, let's hope I have enough stormlight if damnation breaks loose.

Hi! I live(for now at least.)

The rollover was rough for me 1:00 PM PST is around 1:30 AM for me, so expect me to be a bit late.

I too am in support of the three suspects voting thingy.

Also if anyone is yet to PM-pair feel free to add me, I am new.

Also don't kill me, or else Mraize will come to say hi. :ph34r:

Edited by Bridge-Four

IM BACK

TIME TO READ

As I have been late, and I have a reputation to maintain- I will vote on a few people throughout this ketchup post. Do not be alarmed. (looking at you, Quinn :P)

6 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Stating top three suspicions is alright too ig

I think keeping saying three top suspicions and saying something like "Imma vote in here" is pointless and useless. Well, there could be a point in there in terms of something like. ...wanting to hide who you're voting on from the village :P. So if someone does that, you're going on my hit-list!

MOVING ON!

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean, this is the kind of thing you don't announce if you are planning on doing it :P elim!Illwei in this situation can just... not vote a teammate now that they know. And of course village!Illwei isn't guaranteed to hit one anyway so killing them later for not doing so is a bad idea (Yes, I know you didn't suggest this, just wanted to say that before anyone does :P)

HI THIS WAS IT

Idk, can't pinpoint exactly what was off about this ya know, but basically I don't see any sorta problem with him specifically announcing he's gonna do this. Mat is picky though (...yeah no that's not the right word. nitpicky? idk, moving on) about things he find suspicious, so ofc there's the chance this means absolutely nothing! but anyways-

5 hours ago, Dannex said:

I think making a PM with the person above you on the player list would be the easiest way to do this, but we can still get some coordination just by saying who you’re going to PM. 

I think saying who we're going to PM is completely detrimental to the village, as not saying anything allows us to hope even remotely that the Elims will slip up somehow and say it. now yeah yeah yall might be saying "but Illwei! They might have not known that, and you just made the Elims more aware about that!" yeah eh they probably are just as aware as they've always been. and anyone suggesting publicly announcing PMs is also going on my list :P.

5 hours ago, Quintessential said:

Okay, first of all @Dannex is definitely village XD

tsk tsk tsk. Assigning village reads so early? Quinn :P.

but I s'pose I wouldn't mind asking everyone to say who they're PMing

...long before this game started I asked Quinn if she wanted to call a truce on D1 attacks on eachother. She. Said sure. So. I am. Not going. To think about. Quinn. this. cycle. no. Nothing about this post. Nothing. :P.

Oooo I like this lol

Also I think if ya did that- well the game is still running, but I think if you did that then you should give people two PMs. or refund PMs. one or the other. Because otherwise all the Elims might tar- well this game isn't over. back to the game :P.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

I would also say declaring in thread is the best route for PMs. I dislike claiming who I'll vote for in thread

The most controversial statement I have seen yet. well, not really, but as my opinions are, of course,  objectively correct, this is controversial to me :P. But I think not claiming who you're voting for is directly harmful to the village because without that we have no clue where you stand, and no clue the real vote tally.

I also want to point out that last minute hammers are going to be a lot easier, so getting to lylo is going to be hard because if the village doesn't say accurately who they're voting for then we could lose very very easily. one person not on an Elim and the Elims can basically. Quietly Hammer. so yes.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

The main reason we would do the person below you list is so everyone can talk to anyone. If we want an even spread, which, do we really need to have that? why not just declare and change as needed.

I still think that declaring in thread nulls half of the point of PMs.

4 hours ago, Archer said:

As I alluded to earlier, I believe that the elims benefit more from limited accountability than the village does. At least if the exe is decided in public, we can debate its merits. Otherwise, it'll be a moot point, a bunch of people discussing their reasons for exing someone who has already flipped. 

this.

Basically the one village read I have is Archer. Mild sus on Tani, Quinn, Order, and Mat. I'm not going to Meta-read Danex anymore, when I know he has enough experience and is aware enough of his village meta. I'm watching the Quinn-Danex interactions rn.

Uh so I didn't place any other votes did I...

Order

IM HERE NOW

ASK ME QUESTIONS IF YOU HAVE THEM

CONVERSE WITH ME

if you don't then I'll be back around...uhhhhhhhhhh like 3pst tomorrow? but then I probably won't be around for rollover unless something cool happens like getting my lunchbreak at 12:30 but lunchbreaks are for the weak so probably not :P.

Edited by Illwei
I used the wrong vote format again >>

That is probably my weakest point, the reason I would prefer to not say who I'm voting is because, if I actually for some reason need to change last minute, I'll get instant sussed. All of my votes this game are going to be random due to my character. I also rarely get suspicions in the early cycles, so saying my vote in thread when I don't normally vote wouldn't make sense. Unfortunately, my vote this round is going on someone I trust, but that's what happens.