Just an FYI that we've got a little under a day until this game starts! I'm fine running it with 14 players (it's a Quick Fix, that's what they're for) but the more the merrier!

(Also if you've said you need to drop out... I think I've got everyone, but if I haven't taken you off the list yet then just yell at me I guess)

QF52 Cycle 1: Welcome One and All!

Welcome to Keep Hasting! Hang your coat on the wall, or simply hand it to the nearest Terrisman, then sit down and enjoy the show! We have a large selection of appetizers, salads, and champagne, but best of all is our main course, a young pig raised especially for this day. Four out of five Tineyes said they'd never tasted anything better! And, of course, there are the festivities - dancing, reading, plotting, scheming! There's fun for everyone! 

In the interest of hospitality, I must inform you we have Seekers among both or guests and staff. Not that Allomancy is forbidden, of course, but it may attract... undue attention if not used discretely. We wouldn't want anyone to have an unfair advantage, would we? Oh, and stay off the third floor corridor. We've got more than Seekers up there.

Cycle One will end in approximately 23 hours, at 1:00 PM PST on April 16th.

A few reminders:

• The execution, in addition to being anonymous, will kill all tied players and has a 2-vote minimum.
  • You can vote around in red and green in the thread, but I won't be counting it. Or looking at it, for that matter. Remember to vote in your GM PM!
  • PMs are closed. You can request one PM in your GM PM, but that will be made by the GMs at the start of next cycle.
  • Because I forgot to put them in the PMs... the wincon of the Hasting Hosts is to execute all of the Elariel Eliminators. The wincon of the Elariel Eliminators is to reach parity (equal numbers) with the Hasting Hosts.
  • If you haven't got your GM PM yet, just PM or @ me. 
  • The inactivity filter is for 2 cycles (48 hours).
  • Have fun!
  • I feel like I'm forgetting something... if I forgot it it probably wasn't important. Yeah.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice - Philico
  2. @Liranil
  3. @Quintessential - Tesse Mourn
  4. @Gears - Roko the Basilisk [ASPECT: VIN]
  5. @Gneorndin - Zilla
  6. @The Unknown Order - High Prelan Troll(ten)
  7. @Archer - Sisar
  8. @Jondesu - Remart
  9. @Dannex
  10. @Illwei - Illona
  11. @Flyingbooks
  12. @Bridge-Four - Kiel
  13. @Kings_way - Varian Lithel
  14. @PizzaPower55

Sisar absent-mindedly rubbed the spike in their forearm. The cloth of their tailored suit was rubbing against it. It was a different kind of spike than the usual ones a creature like them bore. An upgrade of sorts, they decided.

They strolled along the edge of the dance floor. Their walking stick tapped lightly on the marble floor with every step they took, just out of sync with the beat of the song the band was playing. It was comforting to have it in their possession. They always felt more honest when wielding it. True to themselves even. And right then, they felt a deep desire to join the dancing.

With a cane, the arcane kandra can candidly can can. And so they did.

I’m here and excited to play! But I’m currently working on an essay due tomorrow, so I don’t expect to be very active until Saturday.

-I'm guessing a three-person elim team, as the win con is parity. But I'm terrible at these kinds of predictions, so don't put too much faith in that please. 

-I plan to sheep the most reasonable of Illwei’s votes this cycle. They have a knack for voting elims D1. I’ll make an effort to argue why I chose the option I do, but that’s my intention going in.

-I have someone in mind I plan to PM. I don’t think a chain system will remain intact or reliable for very long. I would prefer everyone just made a free choice, but am largely ambivalent on that front.

-I support using the coloured votes system to keep track of intentions. I foresee maybe 75% of those being accurate, then about a quarter of people are going to claim to have switched last minute or that they wanted to mis-lead the elim team. The elims benefit more from doing that than the villagers do, so if we can avoid normalizing that, I’d appreciate it.

-If you don’t want to commit to a public vote, I suggest you give us your top three suspicions and commit to voting one of the people on the list. Communication is important. Your goal should be to get village read so we can avoid mis-exing you. You need to give us some thoughts to analyze so we can do that. Thank you in advance.

Let's start this off with a poke vote on Liranil! 

will be keeping track of every stated vote and unvote in-thread. If anything doesn't line up, I will be the first and most vocal to point it out :P So basically, villagers please state all your votes and unvotes accurately! If you do, it'll force the elims to do likewise or expose themselves, at least until ExLo. (this is partially in response to @Archer's thing about votes. Stating top three suspicions is alright too ig. I'll keep track of those somehow xD)

I also already know who I'm PMing (no it's not Illwei or Gears before you ask : P).

Agree with Archer's guess for team size. If there are 4 elims then they could win in three cycles if they get a villager exed each cycle (which, let's face it, is typically how it goes C1-C3), so 3 elims seems much more realistic to me.

14 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:
  • I feel like I'm forgetting something... if I forgot it it probably wasn't important. Yeah.

^Me every time I put up a new turn

Alright, this will be fun. Not a lot to talk about here, the rules are pretty simple and *cough* some people already discussed things in the signups *cough* :P

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

-I'm guessing a three-person elim team, as the win con is parity. But I'm terrible at these kinds of predictions, so don't put too much faith in that please. 

I'll echo this. 2/14 is too little and 4/14 is too much, I think. If it's not 3/14 though it's 4/14.

-I plan to sheep the most reasonable of Illwei’s votes this cycle. They have a knack for voting elims D1. I’ll make an effort to argue why I chose the option I do, but that’s my intention going in.

I mean, this is the kind of thing you don't announce if you are planning on doing it :P elim!Illwei in this situation can just... not vote a teammate now that they know. And of course village!Illwei isn't guaranteed to hit one anyway so killing them later for not doing so is a bad idea (Yes, I know you didn't suggest this, just wanted to say that before anyone does :P)

-I have someone in mind I plan to PM. I don’t think a chain system will remain intact or reliable for very long. I would prefer everyone just made a free choice, but am largely ambivalent on that front.

Also seconded. I don't have a person yet, but I'll decide later and PM them.

-I support using the coloured votes system to keep track of intentions. I foresee maybe 75% of those being accurate, then about a quarter of people are going to claim to have switched last minute or that they wanted to mis-lead the elim team. The elims benefit more from doing that than the villagers do, so if we can avoid normalizing that, I’d appreciate it.

I'm going to be coloring my votes in thread parallel to my final votes in my PM so that everyone can see. Though if I vote in thread on someone I know it won't stay on (Ex: C1 poke vote, like so: Jondesu) I won't put that in my PM to save Ash some time.

So yes, that vote is more meaningless than any other C1 vote I've ever done. Welcome back, Jondesu! :P Excited to play with you.

Also agree with the Top 3 suspicion thing.

5 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

will be keeping track of every stated vote and unvote in-thread. If anything doesn't line up, I will be the first and most vocal to point it out :P So basically, villagers please state all your votes and unvotes accurately! If you do, it'll force the elims to do likewise or expose themselves, at least until ExLo. (this is partially in response to @Archer's thing about votes. Stating top three suspicions is alright too ig. I'll keep track of those somehow xD)

Ahhh excellent I don't have to keep track myself now

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Ello all.

Archer is totally an Elim.

Not a poke/joke vote, just the strongest gut read I’ve ever had.

Wregueuardwing PMs, I think we should absolutely coordinate who we choose to PM. We want to make sure we use every PM we’ve been given, and we probably want them as evenly distributed as possible, so if one person dies, it doesn’t cut off too many channels of information. I don’t think we should do this for the ‘chain’ function, passing messages that way doesn’t make sense, but rather that we do it to make sure we have effecient PM distribution.

I think making a PM with the person above you on the player list would be the easiest way to do this, but we can still get some coordination just by saying who you’re going to PM. 

Edited by Dannex
Fixed spelling of “Reguarding”

Okay, first of all @Dannex is definitely village XD this reminds me of QF50!Dannex and MR46!Dannex so much. Also that's a rather strong stance to take so early. So. Village on Dannex :) 

Second of all, there isn't much that PMs can actually do in this game, since there are no important roles, so all you can do is privately discuss suspicions basically. Which is... I mean, yeah, that's useful, but each of us are each going to have at least one person to do that with--one person of our choosing--no matter how we organize or don't organize. So I don't think it's really a big deal if we don't organize, because we'll get most of the benefit that PMs offer even if we don't.

5 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Okay, first of all @Dannex is definitely village XD this reminds me of QF50!Dannex and MR46!Dannex so much. Also that's a rather strong stance to take so early. So. Village on Dannex :) 

Yay for having a recognizable playstyle =P

6 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Second of all, there isn't much that PMs can actually do in this game,

Well yeah, but there’s not much of anything in this game at all. PMs are the one real function that we have. Gotta use em the best we can.

Also, I just had a great idea for if this game is ever rerun. Don’t give the Elims a doc. They know who each other are, but they don’t have a doc. So they have to request PMs with each other. And use chain mail.

I had a whole RP written out, but I didn't really like it, so... Hi.

I think it would be good if we could optimize our PM's, but I've never really been able to do much with them anyway, so I'll probably just do someone I choose. 

I don't know about the votes. Voting the same as we do in-thread is probably the best, but... that's kind of boring. 

15 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Reguarding

(Also Dannex this is really bothering me ^_^).

4 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Well yeah, but there’s not much of anything in this game at all. PMs are the one real function that we have. Gotta use em the best we can.

That's fair; I don't know that it'll be really feasible to convince everyone to message the person below them in the list or whatever, but I s'pose I wouldn't mind asking everyone to say who they're PMing, just so that no one doubles up. (I decided to PM @Archer at some point between getting my GM PM and the thread being posted)

4 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Also, I just had a great idea for if this game is ever rerun. Don’t give the Elims a doc. They know who each other are, but they don’t have a doc. So they have to request PMs with each other. And use chain mail.

Oooo I like this lol

Edited by Quintessential

20 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Regarding PMs, I think we should absolutely coordinate who we choose to PM. We want to make sure we use every PM we’ve been given, and we probably want them as evenly distributed as possible, so if one person dies, it doesn’t cut off too many channels of information. I don’t think we should do this for the ‘chain’ function, passing messages that way doesn’t make sense, but rather that we do it to make sure we have efficient PM distribution.

I think making a PM with the person above you on the player list would be the easiest way to do this, but we can still get some coordination just by saying who you’re going to PM. 

I agree with Dannex. We should coordinate our PMs somehow. Not the Hub way, that breaks down waaaaay too easily.

Also I fixed the typos. (regarding, efficient)

51 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Alright, this will be fun. Not a lot to talk about here, the rules are pretty simple and *cough* some people already discussed things in the signups *cough* :P

Who, me? :innocent_blinky_face:

I'm going to be coloring my votes in thread parallel to my final votes in my PM so that everyone can see. Though if I vote in thread on someone I know it won't stay on (Ex: C1 poke vote, like so: Jondesu) I won't put that in my PM to save Ash some time.

So yes, that vote is more meaningless than any other C1 vote I've ever done. Welcome back, Jondesu! :P Excited to play with you.

Imma do this too. Issa good idea. I'll put my votes in-thread like I'm accustomed to doing and put the last vote I make in my GM PM around rollover. (Hey Quinn, when's rollover in your time?)

Also agree with the Top 3 suspicion thing.

Me too. We should totally always say when we're sus of someone.

Ahhh excellent I don't have to keep track myself now

Unless Quinn's Elim

So ya I exist. Do you exist?

rp may come eventually. maybe.

Edited by Gneorndin

Just now, Gneorndin said:

(Hey Quinn, when's rollover in your time?)

4pm my time

Just now, Gneorndin said:

Unless Quinn's Elim

Pfff no even if I am elim, the easiest way to get caught is incorrectly relaying information that anyone technically could verify if they wanted to and/or were suspicious of me. I'm not the kind of person to leave that sort of loose end : P 

I would also say declaring in thread is the best route for PMs. I dislike claiming who I'll vote for in thread, but as I'm playing High Prelan Troll, (ton) I'll be voting every round, and it will likely have a pun attached. So beware.

@Dannex If we all declare in thread, we technically can maximize by having one person switch if their PM is to someone who has a PM to them already. The PM to the player above you could easily be countered by killing two people, separating two groups. You then kill another person in each group, splitting it into four groups, example:

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

The elims could then kill two players splitting the groups up.

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

After that there would be two groups, which could be split up again.

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

There would no longer be PMs after at least four terms. Most likely less.

That is why we should just say who we're going to PM in thread.