Ask MasterGhandalf Anything

MasterGhandalf

So, I'm MasterGhandalf (MG for short); I'm a long-time but fairly sporadic poster, though I've been decently active posting my original fiction in the Creator's Corner. I'm also on various other sites under the same username; some of you may have run across me there before. In any case, I just stumbled upon this section of the forum recently and realized it was a thing, so... ask away!

Hi @MasterGhandalf :-)

1. What types of questions would you like in general - serious, silly, personal, opinions, etc.?
  2. Are you going to continue posting your Arthurian-inspired science-fantasy story?
  3. If you are taking personal questions, what is your background and life in broad strokes - so no need to go into details you don't feel comfortable sharing, just what can you tell us about your background and interests, etc.

Hope you are having a great day!

1. Whatever you want to ask!

2. Eventually yes, in some form! Various IRL things have thrown me off lately, but I definitely have more story to tell there! I've also been exploring potential self-publishing options for it; I don't have anything concrete at the moment, but if I do end up going with something I won't continue it here and will probably take down what I've already posted. I definitely intend to finish it in some form, though! I've got a couple of other high fantasy story ideas rattling around that might see the light of day at some point or other. 

3. I'm a grad student, currently working on my doctoral dissertation (one of the big things that's been taking me away from my fiction writing, alas). In undergrad I was a dual major in English and Religious Studies with a Classics minor; at the graduate level, I've focused on Religious Studies. That's probably the most interesting thing about my personal life, TBH. 

12 minutes ago, MasterGhandalf said:

1. Whatever you want to ask!

2. Eventually yes, in some form! Various IRL things have thrown me off lately, but I definitely have more story to tell there! I've also been exploring potential self-publishing options for it; I don't have anything concrete at the moment, but if I do end up going with something I won't continue it here and will probably take down what I've already posted. I definitely intend to finish it in some form, though! I've got a couple of other high fantasy story ideas rattling around that might see the light of day at some point or other. 

3. I'm a grad student, currently working on my doctoral dissertation (one of the big things that's been taking me away from my fiction writing, alas). In undergrad I was a dual major in English and Religious Studies with a Classics minor; at the graduate level, I've focused on Religious Studies. That's probably the most interesting thing about my personal life, TBH. 

Awesome! :-) self publishing it would be helpful, I hope that works out, and when you do let us know!

Good luck, and I'll ask you some more questions later - its a bit late here now. Hope your day or evening goes well!

• 2 months later...