Creation Spren and Cryptics

Lunu’anaki

I’m rereading Words if Radiance and something stuck out to me... on their way out to the center of the shattered plains, Pattern tells Shallan how he thinks creation spren are useless... he says something along the lines of “all spren have a purpose... but they don’t do anything, they just float around and watch another’s purpose”

It’s almost definite that creation spren are the lightweavers plate spren now... but I find it curious that pattern... and I’m assuming, other cryptics, have this animosity toward creation spren when it seems like they work closely together in the radiant bond process.

Also... going on a bit of a tangent here but... wtf Pattern?! “All spren have a purpose?! What purpose?! If, to Pattern, creation spren don’t seem to have a purpose but all other spren do... what exactly is it that all the other spren are doing?!?

Thoughts on either of these things? Patterns statement is very... cryptic. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lunu’anaki