It's time.

Invocation

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

No, no, I covered that in option 4.

I meant someone else. Because I think it would be funny to have Kell having been robbed of the Dawnshard he may or may not have had at some point and then some dude started off causing shenanigans. 

12 minutes ago, Invocation said:

I meant someone else. Because I think it would be funny to have Kell having been robbed of the Dawnshard he may or may not have had at some point and then some dude started off causing shenanigans. 

Considering Kell, it is totally plausible that Trell is an outgrowth of something he started that has since gotten completely out of his control and he’s scrambling to fix it. But I think that plot will likely belong to Era 3.

9 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Considering Kell, it is totally plausible that Trell is an outgrowth of something he started that has since gotten completely out of his control and he’s scrambling to fix it. But I think that plot will likely belong to Era 3.

I'd be okay with that. I just want my magic cowboys back.

15 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

We’re going to know who Trell is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was afraid we’d have to wait until Era 3!

So... Options:

1: Autonomy

2: Avatar of Autonomy

3: Odium

4: Kelsier (because putting anything as past him at this point is a bad idea)

5: A Splinter of Ruin that Saze severed from himself

I think the fact we will learn who Trell is immediately ensures that Odium cannot be it. It would spoil a plot point of fifth book of Stormlight Archive if Trell is Odium and I do not think Brandon would do that.

My money is on Autonomy (or Avatar), a splinter of Ruin or something like a split part of Sazed.

1 minute ago, therunner said:

I think the fact we will learn who Trell is immediately ensures that Odium cannot be it. It would spoil a plot point of fifth book of Stormlight Archive if Trell is Odium and I do not think Brandon would do that.

My money is on Autonomy (or Avatar), a splinter of Ruin or something like a split part of Sazed.

no it really doesn't, a splinter of Odium being on another world doesn't prove anything.

22 minutes ago, therunner said:

I agree with this. An avatar of Autonomy seems most likely.

I also think that revelation ups the likelihood of Kell being directly involved with the whole Trell thing, as the Era 2 trilogy has spent a LOT of time foreshadowing Kelsier’s return. And we know Kell and Autonomy have had dealings.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

12 hours ago, Frustration said:

no it really doesn't, a splinter of Odium being on another world doesn't prove anything.

Odium as whole is bound to Roshar, even splinter escaping would spoil a plot point of unreleased book and I simply do not think Brandon would do that. However, we are all free to believe as we wish, so I will not argue this further.

12 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I also think that revelation ups the likelihood of Kell being directly involved with the whole Trell thing, as the Era 2 trilogy has spent a LOT of time foreshadowing Kelsier’s return. And we know Kell and Autonomy have had dealings.

Kelsier and Autonomy had dealings? Interesting.

On topic, I am also very curious if the Lost Metal will end up being old-school atium, or if that is what the characters think it is but it ends up being something new. Kind of like when they thought BoM was artifact of Lord Ruler but it ended up being something new instead.

6 hours ago, therunner said:

Odium as whole is bound to Roshar, even splinter escaping would spoil a plot point of unreleased book and I simply do not think Brandon would do that

Splinters of Honor/Cultivation can leave, why do you feel a splinter of Odium would be a spoiler?

8 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Splinters of Honor/Cultivation can leave, why do you feel a splinter of Odium would be a spoiler?

Because Odium is bound to Rosharan system, unlike Honor/Cultivation? If Odium could create a splinter that is of sufficient size to present trouble to Harmony and can create godmetal, and such splinter could leave the system, than the bounding is not particularly effective.

Just now, therunner said:

Because Odium is bound to Rosharan system, unlike Honor/Cultivation? If Odium could create a splinter that is of sufficient size to present trouble to Harmony and can create godmetal, and such splinter could leave the system, than the bounding is not particularly effective.

SA

Spoiler

It would basically be an Unmade, a different entity to Odium, do you think that they are bound by the same binding?

15 minutes ago, Frustration said:

SA

Hide contents

It would basically be an Unmade, a different entity to Odium, do you think that they are bound by the same binding?

Spoiler

I personally think they are bound as well, if they were not Odium could use them (or new splinters) to recruit forces on other worlds to attack Roshar after Recreance. There was ~2000 years for his splinters to get off-world and act when they would not be opposed by Radiants had the splinters returned with armies.

I know that Odium can exert some influence possibly even after being shackled, but sending off sizable splinter feels like it should be out of scope of what he can do. But admittedly there are not statements saying he cannot do so.

40 minutes ago, therunner said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I personally think they are bound as well, if they were not Odium could use them (or new splinters) to recruit forces on other worlds to attack Roshar after Recreance. There was ~2000 years for his splinters to get off-world and act when they would not be opposed by Radiants had the splinters returned with armies.

I know that Odium can exert some influence possibly even after being shackled, but sending off sizable splinter feels like it should be out of scope of what he can do. But admittedly there are not statements saying he cannot do so.

Spoiler

His splinter would liekly follow the same rules others would, just as spren and stormlight can't leave yet neither can his, but by Era 2 that will be solved.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:
  Reveal hidden contents

His splinter would liekly follow the same rules others would, just as spren and stormlight can't leave yet neither can his, but by Era 2 that will be solved.

SA

Spoiler

I still feel that showing that such limitation will be resolved in a series other than SA would be an odd choice for author to do. Why spoil resolution of important plot point (moving *light, spren/cognitive shadows offworld) in a different series?

We have seen Hoid overcome it, be he is Hoid so I would not consider it a spoiler, he is a special dude.

Edited by therunner
accidentaly put quote insted of spoiler

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

we already know it will happen, it doesn't have to show us how.

Spoiler

We know it only through SotD 2 (Hoid is a special case), which has not been release yet.

For me even revealing that this would happen at the end of first half of SA is a bridge too far when it comes to spoiling other series, but that is just my opinion.

Hope we'll see how those ettmetal fabrials work in more detail. And maybe Brandon will write a Wayne chapter that I won't have to skip on rereads, who knows. 

I was really excited about the Graphic Audio adaptation of Lost Metal, love their versions of all Mistborn books. But now that their adaptation of RoW is here and I'm kind of hesitant.

Even if we won't see Southern Scadrial, that's definitely what I WANT to see. And more Steris/Wax content. Just more Steris in general, actually. She's such a delight. 

My money's on Trell being an avatar of Autonomy. I would love to get a better sense of what Kelsier's up to as well. 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, wordspren said:

Just more Steris in general, actually. She's such a delight. 

Seconded! Steris is great.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, wordspren said:

I would love to get a better sense of what Kelsier's up to as well. 

Wouldn't we all?