It's time.

Invocation

I'm intrested in getting to see more of External Temporal metals, Feruchemical spiritual metals, and Ettmetal.

Oh, and how Atium works into this.

And Trell and how he is totally Odium

And a bunch of other things

Edited by Frustration

1 hour ago, StanLemon said:

How Unsealed Metalminds are made. So many Cosmere relevant things could be learned from that. To a lesser extent, the limits of Nicrosil Feruchemy as Brandon has implied there is more to it than what we know

Nicrosil Feruchemy would be pretty cool to find out about, yeah. Unsealed metalminds I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't learn about until Era 3, at least in any great detail.

9 hours ago, Invocation said:

Lost Metal in question is actually atium

I've always held it as headcannon that it is. It is referred to inworld as "Atium: the lost metal," but I think that the question truly is how will it be used?

Edited by GoWibble

Ah, Mistborn, my first love of the Cosmere. It will be excellent to have back.

Really though, what I'm most excited for is just seeing Mistborn written with Sanderson's heightened skills. I think its safe to say that writing Stormlight and then managing other projects around it has really been power-leveling for his abilities as a writer, and so I just want to see what he can do with the Mistborn setting and characters now that he's better than he was when he last visited the series.

15 hours ago, GoWibble said:

I've always held it as headcannon that it is. It is referred to inworld as "Atium: the lost metal," but I think that the question truly is how will it be used?

I waffle in a vaguely concerningly uncertain triangle between "it's atium!" and "it's the missing lerasium!" and "it's a bunch of Trellium spikes!"
No matter how it ends up, you're right about the real question being the use.

*excited unholy screeching noises*

How long has it been? So happy that we'll finally be getting back to Mistborn. Hopefully we get to see some bits of the rest of Scadrial, especially the Southern continent! Ugh, what I wouldn't give to see some exploration & settlement of uninhabited landmasses of Scadrial!

Given that Atium was referred to as "the lost metal" in-world, I'm assuming the title referred to them, but Lerasium would be even more intriguing! I'd be happy to see Ettmetal/Harmonium too.

The Set & the invading Shard & their Faceless Immortals plotline would probably be for the next era, as per initial plans, but I still look forward to what cliffhanger Brandon writes for the conclusion of this era!