Kandra and feruchemy

therunner

Question

So assume that Kandra has gotten access to feruchemy, maybe through hemalurgy. Could they then use for example elephant bones and store weight in that form and then tap it in the human form? Or gepard bones and store speed in that form.

Since feruchemy is tied to spiritual aspects and keyed to Identity which should not change by simple change of form this should work right?

2 answers to this question

Kandra bones are mainly there to give them something to build a body around and exactly what they use is largely irrelevant. We saw a number of different True Bodies n HoA, and we see MeLaan go around with several sets including an aluminum one in BoM. I think that for purposes of feruchemical storage the type of bones you're currently using won't have that much impact. Maybe for a couple cases like weight, you'd notice a difference if your body while storing and your body while tapping are considerably different in weight, or for F-Tin you might have wonky things happen if you try to tap a sense you could use in one body but your current one doesn't have (like electroreception) but outside the Physical quadrant of powers I imagine it won't make a huge difference.

By the by, it would be quite easy for a kandra to get access to powers via using spikes for some/all of their 'bones'.

Edited by Weltall

42 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Kandra bones are mainly there to give them something to build a body around and exactly what they use is largely irrelevant. We saw a number of different True Bodies n HoA, and we see MeLaan go around with several sets including an aluminum one in BoM. I think that for purposes of feruchemical storage the type of bones you're currently using won't have that much impact. Maybe for a couple cases like weight, you'd notice a difference if your body while storing and your body while tapping are considerably different in weight, or for F-Tin you might have wonky things happen if you try to tap a sense you could use in one body but your current one doesn't have (like electroreception) but outside the Physical quadrant of powers I imagine it won't make a huge difference.

By the by, it would be quite easy for a kandra to get access to powers via using spikes for some/all of their 'bones'.

I feel like Kandra using ferruchemy would want metal "bones" that double as metalminds.  but thinking about a kandra with iron ferruchemy raises interesting questions.  like would storing their weight include the weight of their bones?  what if those bones were ironminds?  is it purely a perception/cognitive identity type thing - like they would count if the Kandra in question considered them part of itself?  I'm sort of imagining a kandra in a bird shape flying through a combination of physical shape and storing to an ironmind to reduce weight