Neat little things you noticed

IAmTheStick

Uh, yeah. Just give me all the little things you noticed in Sanderson's books! I have a couple...

Kaladin repeatedly refuses to give up his emotions! (Learning surgery with Lirin, not going cold and emotionless during battle)

In First of Dusk, I believe krell are mentioned. In first of dusk there is also a technologically advanced race that sails the stars.... (probably not related to skyward, but still!)

The number 1173 appears a couple times in some of his books (Skyward, stormlight archive), probably because it rolls off the tongue. Fun to say.

...probably some other things I don't remember right now

:)

On 4/3/2021 at 0:48 PM, IAmTheStick said:

Uh, yeah. Just give me all the little things you noticed in Sanderson's books! I have a couple...

Kaladin repeatedly refuses to give up his emotions! (Learning surgery with Lirin, not going cold and emotionless during battle)

In First of Dusk, I believe krell are mentioned. In first of dusk there is also a technologically advanced race that sails the stars.... (probably not related to skyward, but still!)

The number 1173 appears a couple times in some of his books (Skyward, stormlight archive), probably because it rolls off the tongue. Fun to say.

...probably some other things I don't remember right now

:)

Sixth of the Dusk. First is his sibling.

The things I catch tend to involve Kelsier. Which means they usually aren’t little at all.

Not a little one, but the first big catch I remember making was the Mist-Deepness connection. It was the scene where Vin is looking at stained glass and I realized the description of the Deepness was the same as the Mist. The other thing I figured out was that Rashek was the Lord Ruler, but I caught that almost as soon as Rashek was introduced. I also figured out the compounding trick as soon as Vin swallowed Saze’s metalmind.

The small things I noticed turned out to be major foreshadowing, so I’ve decided not to put it here.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

On 4/3/2021 at 5:48 PM, IAmTheStick said:

Given that Skyward is definitely non-Cosmere now, it is not the Krell, but from what we have seen in regards to the follow up of SotD, it is either the Scadrians or the Rosharans.

I was definitely Scadrian enclined until I read RoW...

• 1 month later...

Each series has a character that can be asked the question Vin asked Kelsier in Secret History - "Was all the protecting others thing really about them, or was it more about you?" 

Kelsier.

Kaladin.

Kenton. 

There, all of them start with a K. 

Rysn is a Ceaser cipher of Hoid. 

Zahel rhymes with Nahel, considering he considers himself more of a spren than a human?