Question regarding connection

i’m in the details

Question

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, i’m in the details said:

Vasher says early in the book that awakened objects try and take the form of humans. If a singer or kandra awakened we would likely see the awakened objects trying to imitate their forms right?  

If the breaths they used for awakening originally came from humans, then I don't necessarily think so.  Also Singers are generally humanoid too so the resulting forms of trying to imitate them wouldn't be that different from human, and Kandra were originally humans, so they still might produce humanoid awakened objects.  but if you took something like a population of Ryshadium and brought them to Nalthis and left them for a couple of generations so that they would naturally be born with Breaths, then yes, I think their awkening would tend toward horse shapes, rather than human.

In describing Rithmatics (which started out as a Cosmere magic and remains strongly influenced by it) Brandon mentions that the perceptions of the general population are what have the most influence. So in all likelihood one or two people who perceive 'life-like' to be something different than a humanoid biped wouldn't shift how Awakening functions but like Dunkum suggests, give a larger population a bit of time and it would likely shift the magic.

Edited by Weltall