Worldhopper in BoM?

MGershone

Some one else may have already theorized/talked to Brandon about this,, but if not, here goes:

In the broadsheets for BoM, Allomancer Jak hires out his adventuring job to Nicki Savage, a young Leecher. Over the course of the book, we can see the majority of a story about her searching for a map which has been stolen by a guy with a gun that produces ghosts.

From the expanded version of Allomancer Jak that we saw in AU, it seems like these stories are dramatized, (grammatically inaccurate,) but still true accounts of Jak's and Nicki's adventures. So, my theory is that the "haunted man" is actually a real Threnodite worldhopper. I think this firstly because he has a device for calling ghosts, which is the whole magic system on Threnody, and secondly because in the final broadsheet, when he and Nicki are fighting over the tapestry/map, he uses the expletive "Shadows!", which is what people on Threnody say. 

As we know that Nazh and Khriss are on Scadrial in this time frame, it's likely that this is actually Nazh. Further proof can be found in the map of New Seran at the front of BoM, which is heavily annotated in Nazh's handwriting. The first broadsheet tells us that the stolen map was of New Seran. And at the end of the story, the map rips in two ...the map at the front of the book is ripped along one side.

Anyone else have any thoughts? (Sorry if I stole someone's theory)

Edited by MGershone
typo

1 hour ago, MGershone said:

Some one else may have already theorized/talked to Brandon about this,, but if not, here goes:

In the broadsheets for BoM, Allomancer Jak hires out his adventuring job to Nicki Savage, a young Leecher. Over the course of the book, we can see the majority of a story about her searching for a map which has been stolen by a guy with a gun that produces ghosts.

From the expanded version of Allomancer Jak that we saw in AU, it seems like these stories are dramatized, (grammatically inaccurate,) but still true accounts of Jak's and Nicki's adventures. So, my theory is that the "haunted man" is actually a real Threnodite worldhopper. I think this firstly because he has a device for calling ghosts, which is the whole magic system on Threnody, and secondly because in the final broadsheet, when he and Nicki are fighting over the tapestry/map, he uses the expletive "Shadows!", which is what people on Threnody say. 

As we know that Nazh and Khriss are on Scadrial in this time frame, it's likely that this is actually Nazh. Further proof can be found in the map of New Seran at the front of BoM, which is heavily annotated in Nazh's handwriting. The first broadsheet tells us that the stolen map was of New Seran. And at the end of the story, the map rips in two ...the map at the front of the book is ripped along one side.

Yes, it’s Nazh.

6 hours ago, Weltall said:

We have Word of Isaac actually, since Nazh is his character and he's the one who wrote the story.

That's a good point. Actually, I wonder how Nazh feels about this story. It seems like he doesn't know why Nicki wants the map, so to him this random girl is basically trying to kill him for no apparent reason. He's probably confused.

• 5 months later...
On 30/03/2021 at 2:30 PM, MGershone said:

Brandon confirmed this was nazh