So this is something I wanted to try for a while. It's something that I was considering a few months back and wanted to see what people's opinions would be.

The basic concept is What if?

What if Vin was born on Roshar? What if Szeth had become an inquisitor? What if bridge 4 had been in the Skaa rebellion? What roles would certain characters born on different worlds encompass?

Might have been done before but thought it would be interesting.

It's a general discussion, but I was also imagining what if the Cosmere was a TGC game (or more like gacha nowadays if you play FEH or literally any other gacha) where you get variants of characters. I'll start things off be reimagining Kelsier's crew and Wax's deputies as Radiants on Roshar and what roles they would fill.

Mistborn Radiant

Windrunner Vin

Feel as if this would be the most natural fit though did consider Edgedancer. The whole protecting thing is within Vin's character but it would have to be tempered somewhat (looks at the attack on Keep Hastings or Blowing up Kredik Shaw, plus those Inquisitors)

Skybreaker Kelsier    

Come on though. What else is Kel gonna be. The law, in many people's eye's, is often up for interpretation and giving Kelsier the ability to destroy lighteye's legally? (Or somewhat anyway) Makes sense to me but please feel free to discuss this one.

Bondsmith Elend

Spook couldn't have said it better "He's just a dreamer caught up in a world with too much violence" He would definitely be a Bondsmith, especially seeing as he is always trying to improve, right to the end.

Elsecaller Sazed

Honestly this one was hard to call (heh) so if you disagree please write something more appropriate for Sazed. But seeing as they are the most Scholarly order I figured this fit Sazed to a tee. Not much else to say here but seeing as the orders are apparently made up of "broken people" (according to Syl anyway, also in my experience everyone is broken somehow it's about how you deal with that is important) this might have been good for Sazed post Tindwyl. 

Truthwatcher Breeze

Not gonna explain reasoning behind this one for very long, though he would probably find healing people to be too much work and delegate to others. 

Stoneward Hammond

Again not gonna explain this one. I genuinely can't think of another order that Ham would be suited to.

Willshaper Clubs

Had a hard time on this one, until I noticed their disposition to art and though Clubs is curmudgeonly in his heart lies an artist. Though if someone were to say that he would probably say he wasn't an tell you to storm off. With a slight smile on his face.

Edgedancer Spook

This one was tricky, because I want to give Spook the benefit of the doubt and make him a Windrunner but his work in Urteau (which was basically ignored by many) makes him out to be more an Edgedancer than anything else. Remembering the fallen and the ignored would probably hit home with Spook given his feelings of being ignored.

Dustbringer Dockson

Dockson did change towards the end of WOA but that backstory and the little he cares for nobles influenced this decision. Though in fairness he would probably be less destructive and more careful with his surgebinding. 

Lightweaver Tindwyl

Not a great fit for Tindwyl in fact I'd be more tempted to put her in with Sazed, but she is a skilled teacher and, supposedly, writer so I feel this one goes well with her. 

Truthwatcher Allrianne 

Seems like a good fit, if the Truthwatchers had squires most likely this is where she would end up, 

Rsyhadium Tensoon

Threw this one in for fun.

Skybreaker Wax

Because Wax is just a bloody badass, he wouldn't really fit another order, maybe Windrunner but given his proffesion.....

Lightweaver Wayne

I disagree with Wayne being an Edgedancer. Seems to me, barring his abysmal drawing talent, he would fit this order better. What with the disguises and all.

Truthwatcher Marasi 

At the heart of Marasi is a person who wants to help more than harm (which is slightly ironic given her parentage). She may fit better as an Elsecaller or maybe Skybreaker, but where Wax acts she watches, perceptive and strong.

Stoneward MeLaan

Hmmm well actually I would say that MeLaan (or any Kandra) could be part of any order so who knows.

Windrunner Steris

She'd have so much fun. Completely inappropriate though. 

And that's it for now. Feel free to speculate/ come up with your own variants. Talk about mine or come up with your own.

Cheers folks. Happy Friday.

Kaladin and Szeth would definitely be Mistborn, the sheer amount of "combat protagonist" that permeates them just fits it. Kal's the biggest hero, Szeth's the scariest threat. 

Shallan is 100% a Soother, Soothers are the Lightweavers of Scadrial imo, so this one is clear to me.

I like to imagine the Singers as Feruchemists, or perhaps some Heramlurgic constructs with access to a lot of Feruchemical powers. They swap out spikes until they Venli gives them the Trellium spikes and they turn to Voidbringers. Teft would be a Crasher. I think most of Bridge 4 would be either Iron or Steel Mistings, Ferrings, or Twinborn, except Rock. Rock is a Bloodmaker or Archivist imo. Okay honestly there's a lot of Feruchemical traits I'd give Rock, so maybe he's a Feruchemist disguised as an Archivist.

NGL I see Breeze more as a Lightweaver. Kelsier's surgebinder crew would need a Lightweaver, and the sort of amoral nature of the order would fit him well imo. Tbh though the major reason I say that is so Breeze can be even more annoyed when Hammond gets his Cryptic going about philosophy.

Oh that's good actually, I would love to see Breeze's brain blow from a cryptic conversation with Ham.

I also thought of another variant where you have Hazekillers Bridge Four. Which would be.....contradictory I suppose, serving the people that would oppress them.

Cheers for weighing in.

Oooh, I like this.

13 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

Mistborn Radiant

Skybreaker Kelsier    

Come on though. What else is Kel gonna be. The law, in many people's eye's, is often up for interpretation and giving Kelsier the ability to destroy lighteye's legally? (Or somewhat anyway) Makes sense to me but please feel free to discuss this one.

Elsecaller Sazed

Honestly this one was hard to call (heh) so if you disagree please write something more appropriate for Sazed. But seeing as they are the most Scholarly order I figured this fit Sazed to a tee. Not much else to say here but seeing as the orders are apparently made up of "broken people" (according to Syl anyway, also in my experience everyone is broken somehow it's about how you deal with that is important) this might have been good for Sazed post Tindwyl.

Rsyhadium Tensoon

I agree with most of those (and TenSoon is great, he is just as opinionated as Rhyshadium are :D), I was especially pleased with you assigning Lightweaver to Wayne as to me that fits him perfectly (why are all the Lightweavers a bit of sad clowns?)

1. However, I will disagree with Kelsier, he just does not seem to be like a particularly lawful sort. I do not see him as swearing those ideal especially the third one, with Kelsier being motivated more by vengeance. I would see him more like Willshaper, with seeking freedom and wishing to free others, and not letting laws stand in his way. Though this still does not fit quite well, as while he does good things in Era 1 I see him as being very selfishly driven if that makes sense.
  2. I would propose Marsh for Skybreaker. Something about him strikes me like that, but I cannot really put my finger on it.
  3. Sazed is interesting one. I would see Terris Feruchemists in Era 1 in general as entire culture that would be Elsecaller aligned, but Sazed is bit of outsider to them and a bit rebellious against their traditions. His focus on remembering religions, and his particular care for them would in my opinion move him closer to Edgedancer (remembering those forgotten cultures, and in his own way trying to help those who are ignored). But I could see him going either way, in summary I see him as someone who was raised to Elsecaller values but he personally is more drawn towards Edgedancer ones.

On other fronts

1. Raoden (Sel) on Roshar as being very similar to who Adolin is, with him being the one supporting and taking care of others, so probably Edgedancer.
  2. Lightsong as Lightweaver. He was very determined in seeking out truth about himself and he strikes me as someone who would very well embody the aspects of Tien and young Shallan, with him trying to cheer and brighten things up. His self-sacrifice both in life and in Return also reminds me of Tiens willing sacrifice.
  3. Khriss as Truthwatcher. While Elsecallers are also somewhat scholarly focused, they seem to be less concerned with knowledge for knowledge sake and more as knowledge as means to some end, so Truthwatcher fits better to me.

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

I have always said that Elend would make a perfect Bondsmith. The only thing that makes me the question is which Bondsmith spren is the best fit for him.

Interesting question, I would see book 2 Elend as closer to Sibling (with him being interested more in discussion and democratic means of wielding power) but book 3 Elend would match Stormfather quite well I think, being able to be forceful with him when necessary like Dalinar is.

Edited by therunner
spelling

I was gonna say the exact same thing. Pre WOA Elend would definitely be bonded to the Sibling, Post would be Stormfather. 

I am gonna do Rosharan Mistborn next but leaving it for the time being. 

I forgot about Marsh, he would make a good Skybreaker....him and Nale might get along. Maybe.

Cett would probably be a Stoneward or maybe Dustbringer. He is really rough around the edges so I imagine him in one of those orders. Or more likely a Highprince with Shards, man he would fit the Alethi so well.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:35 PM, Blue Skies said:

So this is something I wanted to try for a while. It's something that I was considering a few months back and wanted to see what people's opinions would be.

The basic concept is What if?

What if Vin was born on Roshar? What if Szeth had become an inquisitor? What if bridge 4 had been in the Skaa rebellion? What roles would certain characters born on different worlds encompass?

Might have been done before but thought it would be interesting.

It's a general discussion, but I was also imagining what if the Cosmere was a TGC game (or more like gacha nowadays if you play FEH or literally any other gacha) where you get variants of characters. I'll start things off be reimagining Kelsier's crew and Wax's deputies as Radiants on Roshar and what roles they would fill.

Mistborn Radiant

Windrunner Vin

Feel as if this would be the most natural fit though did consider Edgedancer. The whole protecting thing is within Vin's character but it would have to be tempered somewhat (looks at the attack on Keep Hastings or Blowing up Kredik Shaw, plus those Inquisitors)

Skybreaker Kelsier    

Bondsmith Elend

Spook couldn't have said it better "He's just a dreamer caught up in a world with too much violence" He would definitely be a Bondsmith, especially seeing as he is always trying to improve, right to the end.

Elsecaller Sazed

Truthwatcher Breeze

Not gonna explain reasoning behind this one for very long, though he would probably find healing people to be too much work and delegate to others. 

Stoneward Hammond

Again not gonna explain this one. I genuinely can't think of another order that Ham would be suited to.

Willshaper Clubs

Had a hard time on this one, until I noticed their disposition to art and though Clubs is curmudgeonly in his heart lies an artist. Though if someone were to say that he would probably say he wasn't an tell you to storm off. With a slight smile on his face.

Edgedancer Spook

This one was tricky, because I want to give Spook the benefit of the doubt and make him a Windrunner but his work in Urteau (which was basically ignored by many) makes him out to be more an Edgedancer than anything else. Remembering the fallen and the ignored would probably hit home with Spook given his feelings of being ignored.

Dustbringer Dockson

Dockson did change towards the end of WOA but that backstory and the little he cares for nobles influenced this decision. Though in fairness he would probably be less destructive and more careful with his surgebinding. 

Lightweaver Tindwyl

Not a great fit for Tindwyl in fact I'd be more tempted to put her in with Sazed, but she is a skilled teacher and, supposedly, writer so I feel this one goes well with her. 

Truthwatcher Allrianne 

Seems like a good fit, if the Truthwatchers had squires most likely this is where she would end up, 

Rsyhadium Tensoon

Skybreaker Wax

Because Wax is just a bloody badass, he wouldn't really fit another order, maybe Windrunner but given his proffesion.....

Lightweaver Wayne

I disagree with Wayne being an Edgedancer. Seems to me, barring his abysmal drawing talent, he would fit this order better. What with the disguises and all.

Truthwatcher Marasi 

At the heart of Marasi is a person who wants to help more than harm (which is slightly ironic given her parentage). She may fit better as an Elsecaller or maybe Skybreaker, but where Wax acts she watches, perceptive and strong.

Stoneward MeLaan

Hmmm well actually I would say that MeLaan (or any Kandra) could be part of any order so who knows.

Windrunner Steris

She'd have so much fun. Completely inappropriate though. 

And that's it for now. Feel free to speculate/ come up with your own variants. Talk about mine or come up with your own.

Cheers folks. Happy Friday.

Brandon has stated that Kell would not be a Skybreaker. If you put him through the Quiz, Kelsier ends up a Willshaper, with Lightweaver close behind. Third in line is Dustbringer.

Hmm I was going more by opinion than by any real canon answer or well not canon as much as Brandon's own word, but hey if you agree with that then cool. I would have said Kelsier would fit Skybreaker to be able to bend the law to his needs but Willshaper could work for that too.

I'll add a bit more to this one then. 

This time:

Rosharan Mistborn

Mistborn Kaladin/ Steel Pusher Kaladin

Not to be contrary but I always imagined Kaladin more as a misting. Given his aversion for lighteye's or people of significant status, though by dint of being a misting/ mistborn he would be at least part noble. He would make a good mistborn, though I think the emotional manipulation part of it and (given recent book events) would find the ease of killing with atium to be worrisome. Still a noble mistborn/ misting protecting people? Kal would be in the Skaa rebellion no matter how doomed it might be.

Soother Shallan

Hmm I feel bad about this one, Shallan struggles a lot with problems in her life so perhaps Soother would work to get people to be calmer? Would definitely have helped, at least somewhat, with the whole family thing. But Shallan is a diverse and complicated (at least in my opinion) character. Anyone got a better suggestion? Seems to passive a role for her and if there is one thing she ain't it's that.

Pewter Arm Dalinar

So, good at punching stuff? Extra burst of speed, endurance, balance and strength? On the battlefield? Young, and possibly older, Dalinar would have been all over that. Maybe he would have fit Seer as well, which would make him a more effective killer though not so sure of that. And given the metallic arts abilities to discharge metallic objects from hands, how effective would Dalinar even be with a sword on Scadrial? Maybe an aluminium one would mitigate that some.

Rioter Adolin/ Peweter arm/ Soother

Even as I write this I am conflicted about what would suit Adolin. I would have said mistborn but Adolin doesn't strike me as wanting for power or would fit the stealthy subterfuge they are known for. Soother would fit with his personality, pewter arm would fit for being a warrior and Rioter would help for him pushing on people, on the rare occasions he actually does. What do you guys think?

Mistborn/ Inquisitor Szeth

I feel bad for Szeth as he is so often the tool of wrong, but good god it would be terrifying were he an Inquisitor and if he had nightblood in tow. Yeah no, that would just....He would fit Mistborn well and would probably be a force to be reckoned with. The only question is to whom he'd swear allegiance? I would hope Skaa rebellion/ Elend's empire but even then, short leash folks, short leash.

Feruchemist Jasnah

This would cover a lot of bases for Jasnah and given her scholarly proclivities being able to store books in a coppermind would certainly cut down on baggage. She and Sazed would get along well, though I am not certain she would be placid as most Terrisman are. It would be interesting to see how she would have dealt with the lord ruler at the time and what her opinion on the final empire would have been.

Feruchemist Navani

Pretty much the same as Jasnah, though she would probably be looking more extensively into how to get rid of ash, studying plant life and engineering would interest her more than Sazed. Take a nap Saze, Malasha has got this.

There are tons more characters but for right now I'll leave it there and see what you guys come up with.

Edited by Blue Skies
Adding more to it

1 hour ago, Blue Skies said:

Hmm I was going more by opinion than by any real canon answer or well not canon as much as Brandon's own word, but hey if you agree with that then cool. I would have said Kelsier would fit Skybreaker to be able to bend the law to his needs but Willshaper could work for that too.

I'll add a bit more to this one then. 

This time:

Rosharan Mistborn

Mistborn Kaladin/ Steel Pusher Kaladin

Not to be contrary but I always imagined Kaladin more as a misting. Given his aversion for lighteye's or people of significant status, though by dint of being a misting/ mistborn he would be at least part noble. He would make a good mistborn, though I think the emotional manipulation part of it and (given recent book events) would find the ease of killing with atium to be worrisome. Still a noble mistborn/ misting protecting people? Kal would be in the Skaa rebellion no matter how doomed it might be.

Soother Shallan

Hmm I feel bad about this one, Shallan struggles a lot with problems in her life so perhaps Soother would work to get people to be calmer? Would definitely have helped, at least somewhat, with the whole family thing. But Shallan is a diverse and complicated (at least in my opinion) character. Anyone got a better suggestion? Seems to passive a role for her and if there is one thing she ain't it's that.

Pewter Arm Dalinar

So, good at punching stuff? Extra burst of speed, endurance, balance and strength? On the battlefield? Young, and possibly older, Dalinar would have been all over that. Maybe he would have fit Seer as well, which would make him a more effective killer though not so sure of that. And given the metallic arts abilities to discharge metallic objects from hands, how effective would Dalinar even be with a sword on Scadrial? Maybe an aluminium one would mitigate that some.

Rioter Adolin/ Peweter arm/ Soother

Even as I write this I am conflicted about what would suit Adolin. I would have said mistborn but Adolin doesn't strike me as wanting for power or would fit the stealthy subterfuge they are known for. Soother would fit with his personality, pewter arm would fit for being a warrior and Rioter would help for him pushing on people, on the rare occasions he actually does. What do you guys think?

Mistborn/ Inquisitor Szeth

I feel bad for Szeth as he is so often the tool of wrong, but good god it would be terrifying were he an Inquisitor and if he had nightblood in tow. Yeah no, that would just....He would fit Mistborn well and would probably be a force to be reckoned with. The only question is to whom he'd swear allegiance? I would hope Skaa rebellion/ Elend's empire but even then, short leash folks, short leash.

Feruchemist Jasnah

This would cover a lot of bases for Jasnah and given her scholarly proclivities being able to store books in a coppermind would certainly cut down on baggage. She and Sazed would get along well, though I am not certain she would be placid as most Terrisman are. It would be interesting to see how she would have dealt with the lord ruler at the time and what her opinion on the final empire would have been.

Feruchemist Navani

Pretty much the same as Jasnah, though she would probably be looking more extensively into how to get rid of ash, studying plant life and engineering would interest her more than Sazed. Take a nap Saze, Malasha has got this.

There are tons more characters but for right now I'll leave it there and see what you guys come up with.

Kelsier doesn’t do laws, period. Oversight is a foreign concept to him. His nature is too autonomous to follow any rules but his own and he does not enforce those rules on others.  All of this is antithetical to a Skybreaker.

Wax would make an excellent Skybreaker.

Adolin would like being a rioter. He’s use his abilities to riot the happiness of the people around him - like he already does.

I'm noticing a distinct lack of SA characters as Twinborns here... I suppose with the front 5 being the "era 1" of SA it would feel a bit strange, but remember that Stormlight 1-5 technically happens only about a decade before MB E2.

With that being said I have no particular ideas for those, I'm just making the observation so that people with more free time can come up with some.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.3.2021 at 10:30 AM, therunner said:
  1. However, I will disagree with Kelsier, he just does not seem to be like a particularly lawful sort. I do not see him as swearing those ideal especially the third one, with Kelsier being motivated more by vengeance. I would see him more like Willshaper, with seeking freedom and wishing to free others, and not letting laws stand in his way. Though this still does not fit quite well, as while he does good things in Era 1 I see him as being very selfishly driven if that makes sense.

He does not seek freedom. He seeks to topple the opressors. An important difference.
He seeks to overcome challenges. Elsecaller.

1. I would propose Marsh for Skybreaker. Something about him strikes me like that, but I cannot really put my finger on it.
  2. Sazed is interesting one. I would see Terris Feruchemists in Era 1 in general as entire culture that would be Elsecaller aligned, but Sazed is bit of outsider to them and a bit rebellious against their traditions. His focus on remembering religions, and his particular care for them would in my opinion move him closer to Edgedancer (remembering those forgotten cultures, and in his own way trying to help those who are ignored). But I could see him going either way, in summary I see him as someone who was raised to Elsecaller values but he personally is more drawn towards Edgedancer ones.

He does what is right and what is true. Truthwatcher, maybe Willshaper.

1. Lightsong as Lightweaver. He was very determined in seeking out truth about himself and he strikes me as someone who would very well embody the aspects of Tien and young Shallan, with him trying to cheer and brighten things up. His self-sacrifice both in life and in Return also reminds me of Tiens willing sacrifice.

Willshaper. He is subverting rules and expectations.

On 26.3.2021 at 8:35 PM, Blue Skies said:

Lightweaver Tindwyl

One who puts great emphasis on mastering difficult arts. Dustbringer.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:18 AM, Oltux72 said:

He does not seek freedom. He seeks to topple the opressors. An important difference.
He seeks to overcome challenges. Elsecaller.

He does what is right and what is true. Truthwatcher, maybe Willshaper.

Willshaper. He is subverting rules and expectations.

One who puts great emphasis on mastering difficult arts. Dustbringer.

Tindwyl is the Elsecaller. Kelsier isn’t nearly logical enough for them.

Kelsier gets: Willshaper, Lightweaver, Dustbringer in that order on the official quiz.

Saze is the Truthwatcher.

I also feel Marsh reads as a Skybreaker.

Lightsong I agree with you on. Willshaper.

24 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Tindwyl is the Elsecaller. Kelsier isn’t nearly logical enough for them.

Do you have to be? That is to say, are they theorists? Elsecallers look like engineers and applied scientist, maybe even military officers specialized on staff tasks to me. That is, Elsecallers are relentlessly empirical. They would never assume something that they can easily check, but if it works for the task at hand, that's it. Further investigation is for Truthwatchers or Dustbringers.

Just now, Oltux72 said:

Do you have to be? That is to say, are they theorists? Elsecallers look like engineers and applied scientist, maybe even military officers specialized on staff tasks to me. That is, Elsecallers are relentlessly empirical. They would never assume something that they can easily check, but if it works for the task at hand, that's it. Further investigation is for Truthwatchers or Dustbringers.

Kelsier works off trust and emotion more than logic. Elsecallers, as you noted, are empirical. Kelsier is not. Logic is not a concept Kelsier acknowledges unless it suits him. Very often he’s working off instinct and intuition.

Being logical is not the same thing as being a researcher, although many Elsecallers are the latter. And Willshapers tend to be architects and engineers, not Elsecallers. Dustbringers are not known to be researchers at all. Their focus is internal.

Dustbringer:

Dustbringer oaths were themed toward responsibility. They were led to understand that the powers they used needed to be properly channeled, much as their own desires and wills needed proper form and shape. As a Dustbringer moved through the oaths, they were taught greater powers of destruction—and are one of the only orders where their abilities weren’t all available at the beginning, but instead were delivered slowly, as they made the proper oaths. Each oath led to a greater understanding of power, the nature of holding it, and the associated responsibility.

Dustbringers—though they sometimes objected to the common name for their order, preferring instead to be called Releasers—are living contradictions among the Knights Radiant. They believe great power requires a strong will to control it. They often attract tinkerers who like to dig down into the shape and soul of a thing, break it, and see what makes it work. However, their oaths are themed toward control—that they need to be able to control, contain, and channel the terrible power inside them. They tend to object to those who focus only on their destructive sides, as they argue that in order to create, one must understand the pieces of the thing they are trying to make. They don’t see themselves as being about destruction—though their powers are the most destructive of any order of Knights Radiant. They instead see their nature as being about control, precision, and understanding. In the Knights Radiant, they tend to act as the equivalent of artillery in a modern army. If you want a large swath of land destroyed or burned, you call in the Dustbringers. However, they were also often used as sappers, engineers, and strategists.

They attract anyone who likes to take things apart, who likes to know how things work. They also attract those who are a little foolhardy at times—brave soldiers who see themselves as containing and controlling terrible destruction so it won’t get out of hand and hurt innocents.

Elsecallers:

Elsecaller oaths are, like those of the Lightweavers or Skybreakers, themed toward the individual. In this case, the theme is progress—becoming better with each oath, seeking to explore their true potential and reach it. Because of this, the Order is open to many different types, so long as they want to improve themselves.

Thoughtful, careful, and cautious, (so everything Kelsier isn’t) the Elsecallers are generally regarded as the wisest of the Radiants. They seek self-improvement and personal betterment in their lives, but aren’t limited to one specific theme or set of Ideals. This makes them one of the most open and welcoming of orders, though they do tend to attract those who are less flamboyant. They have their share of scholars, and often a large number of theologians, but also attract those who are interested in leadership. They are good at encouraging others, but some are known to set their sights upon the things they want and then seize them. In the Knights Radiant, they tend to be among the best tacticians, and are logistical geniuses, aided in part by their abilities to create food and water for armies, but also their ability to move in and out of Shadesmar.

Willshaper:

The Willshapers believe strongly that all people should be free to make their own choices. Their oaths are themed toward freedom and letting people be free to express themselves and make their own way in life. (Note the parallel to Survivorism.)

The Willshapers have a reputation for attracting builders, craftspeople, and creators to the Radiants. However, while this aspect of them is accurate, the actual membership of the Order is far more varied. Their powers lend themselves to creation, true, but their oaths are focused on freedom and personal fulfillment. Many among the Willshapers are warriors focused on freeing those who are captive, and others are focused on radical self-expression. The Willshapers contain many gregarious and even flamboyant characters who make their own way, taking the path they choose. They are united through a love of building, but some consider the building of society to be more important than the building of structures. Among the Willshapers, you’ll find both those who dress very conservatively and those who wear very daring and original styles. The common ground is that both agree that freedom to express who you are is the important part. Among the Radiants, they are generally focused on building, training, and making infrastructure. In war, they might be sent to a town to fortify it against an oncoming invasion. Before or in the wake of Desolations, they would teach the people things like sanitation, bronzeworking, or other essentials. (Kelsier did this in the South.) Anywhere you find someone resisting tyranny or oppression, you’ll often find a Willshaper cheering them on. (This is one of the things Survivorists believe Kelsier does.)