Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Grace is the mime...?

She is a "mime" yes. But the word "mime" is actually a slur directed at Silence Artists, so... I wouldn't use that word. 

Elgiloy roared, a torrent of wind blowing from the slit in their helmet. It was amazing how loud air could be at high speeds. And how strong, too; a few villagers went flying. 

"This town is under the management of the Dark Lord Selil! Tremble before his awesome power!" The Ignitis stuck a banner in the scorched ground and admired the chaos. Master will be proud of me, Elgiloy thought to themselves. They gently flicked some rubble off their shoulder and wandered over to an abandoned house that they'd razed. At their command, little metal discs began flying, each one sticking to Elgiloy's armor. They weren't sure when they'd started collecting coins. A few years, perhaps. Not too long. Long enough for their collection to be rather large though. If Elgiloy could have smiled, they would have. They'd have to organize the coins when they got home. 

But for now, there was fondue to be had. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

7 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Elgiloy roared, a torrent of wind blowing from the slit in their helmet. It was amazing how loud air could be at high speeds. And how strong, too; a few villagers went flying. 

"This town is under the management of the Dark Lord Selil! Tremble before his awesome power!" The Ignitis stuck a banner in the scorched ground and admired the chaos. Master will be proud of me, Elgiloy thought to themselves. They gently flicked some rubble off their shoulder and wandered over to an abandoned house that they'd razed. At their command, little metal discs began flying, each one sticking to Elgiloy's armor. They weren't sure when they'd started collecting coins. A few years, perhaps. Not too long. Long enough for their collection to be rather large though. If Elgiloy could have smiled, they would have. They'd have to organize the coins when they got home. 

But for now, there was fondue to be had. 

I just remember her being called that in FotT, so... yay! Characters I recognize!

"Elgiloy fought and conquered the town, forcing the surrender of the people there. His kingdom steadily growing, Selil sat alone in his dark palace." Selil grinned. Finally, it was starting to sound good. "His attention turned, however, to the few prospective Narrators and Ignitises slowly building themselves a Plot inside a small car mechanics shop. Being protagonists, Selil figured he'd probably have to destroy them one day.

"But, being the Dark Lord, he decided that he would wait."

Yeah, it's a newer thing in worldbuilding for it to be a slur.

Oh, also. Since Selil is canonically, like... one of the strongest Narrators around it's okay for him, but the Narration he used just now was extremely general. Large Narrations like that without much detail would be extremely hard for a normal Narrator to pull off and might actually kill them.

Elgiloy eventually returned to the castle and their master. As they walked into the throne room, they paused to bow. "I have returned, sir. I trust you are pleased with my work?"

8 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Elgiloy eventually returned to the castle and their master. As they walked into the throne room, they paused to bow. "I have returned, sir. I trust you are pleased with my work?"

So Narration is a hard magic system? Selil wasn't exactly trying to get anything specific done. What he did was little more than set a tone.

"Yeah. Good job. Care to try out the fondue machine? So far it's completely stumped the engineering team and flabbergasted the generals, so maybe it just needs someone less massively-brained to figure it out?" Selil started pacing. "Not that I'm calling you stupid, of course."

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

So Narration is a hard magic system?

Correct. If you say something with the intent of Narrating, that thing happens. And if that thing is too much for your energy to pull off, you die.

Elgiloy cocked their head. "Of course," they said flatly. They wandered off to where they knew from reading Selil's mind the machine was and picked the thing up without any trouble, carrying it as easily as if it were light as air. "Where would you like me to place it, sir?"

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

Elgiloy cocked their head. "Of course," they said flatly. They wandered off to where they knew from reading Selil's mind the machine was and picked the thing up without any trouble, carrying it as easily as if it were light as air. "Where would you like me to place it, sir?"

Well if it's an intent thing, then Selil was really only Narrating what had already happened. He does that to practice, I guess.

"Put it on the little table next to my throne. I can take petitions and execute chosen ones while eating infinite chocolate!"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Thanks." Selil nodded, then stood himself up. "Ugh. I'm getting flabby. Let's go terrify those new protagonists."

I'm pretty sure Goob's character isn't exactly a protagonist...

Also, my character is going to get really mad. She just wants to build her machines in peace.

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

"As you wish." Elgiloy followed their master.

"Well now I want to watch Princess Bride again!" Selil shook his head. "No, no. Keep your head in the game, me. Let's get this done."

The Dark Lord and Elgiloy both vanished from the throne room and reappeared inside the workshop.

Who do I need to summon?